SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

Restart. See what happens.

OK. It said must restart manually from connect tab so I do that and now the popup has gone and noticed that the wheel no longer feels like its under ffb load like before ?

So,
The HV BUS Voltage = 47.8v

UPDATE.
So,
I disconnect from ioni and back to Simucube and now No faults ???

Nothing has changed except the manual drive restart when in granity.

New Update. Test ingame and all working ok. Just the issues as stated in r3e thread. But happy its working again. Hopefuly a 1 off Mika :wink: Thankyoui

same here. with 9.5 I had the same problem. had to downgrade and load a different motor config to be able to update to 9.5

1 Like

this is very strange, I will be investigating.

1 Like

We must also remember, that we are dealing with new IONI firmware version. It might have new peculiarities regarding initialization. If this happens, please post a screenshot of the complete Granity testing tab, and many screenshots that show everything that is visible. It would also be helpful if a parameter would be found that causes this.

Especially the fault location ID’s as reported by Granity would be interesting.

Also, bug in where not all effect sliders are 100% for new profiles, is fixed.

1 Like

Thank you, it works with DirectInput Effects. It’s the first sim for me which uses DirectInput Effects.

Hi Thomas, yes it works now with DirectInput Effects. Do you have a good configuration for DirectInput Effects configuration?

I had do dissable center effects in the sim, but also with 1% or 2% center effect it’s much to high in the sim. Maybe you have some tips for the SimuCube Tool and ETS2 for me?

Thank you very much.

Last night in RaceRoom race I had twice the steering wheel bug that is stuck to the right or the left. Following small contacts with a car on the track. The blocking effect has disappeared after a while but I can not say how much, can be 60 seondes 
?

I tried to reproduce it today with walls or rails but no problem. This only happened with cars.

I set 50% in collision effects in the RaceRoom game.

I shall be investigating this at some point, as there are things like “effect envelopes” that these games could be using, and those are not supported by the firmware correctly yet.

I’m quite surprised, if any decent simulator would use such non-physics based effect.

Mika,
I just went to start my setup and getting the same FOV fault as before but this time the drive restart isn’t working.

[ ] Initialized !
[ ] Error recovering
[ ] Tracking error warn
[ ] Target reached
[X] Enabled
[ ] Run (drive active)
[ ] Homing active
[ ] Braking
[X] Permanent stop !
[X] Voltages good
[X] Fault stopped !
[ ] Ready for use
[ ] STO active

[ ] Tracking error
[ ] Over velocity
[ ] Hardware
[ ] Over temperature
[ ] Feedback
[ ] Over current
[ ] Internal comm error
[ ] Power stage forced off
[X] Under voltage !
[ ] Over voltage
[ ] Motion range
[ ] Firmware error
[X] Init !
[ ] Motion
[ ] SimpleMotion

Fault location ID1 440502 ?
Fault location ID2 0 ?

! = reasons for inactivity[X] GPI 1
[X] GPI 2
[X] GPI 3
[ ] GPI 4
[X] GPI 5
[ ] GPI 6
[ ] HSIN 1
[ ] HSIN 2
[ ] ANA1 as digital
[ ] ANA2 as digital
[ ] ENC A
[X] ENC B
[ ] ENC C
[ ] ENC D
[X] Hall U
[ ] Hall V
[ ] Hall W

[X] Soft enable
[X] Phys enable
[ ] Pos feed enable
[ ] Neg feed enable
[X] Home switch
[ ] Clear faults

Analog in 1 1.40 V
Analog in 2 0.00 V
Analog Enc A -3.44 V
Analog Enc B 3.51 V

HV bus voltage 47.8 VDC
Device temperature 28 °C
Actual current limit ±25.0 A
Last limit reason Voltage limit
Output current 0.00 A
Velocity feedback 0 r/s
Velocity feedback (raw) 0
Position feedback 7
Setpoint value 0

Debug 1 -1
Debug 2 -1
Debug 3 -1
Debug 4 -1
Debug 5 -1
Debug 6 -1

Parameters

| GCFWVER=10700 | FWVER=-1 | HWTYPE=11201 | HWSERIAL=112012958
| BUILDREVISION=4897cde | CEI=2 | UID=b59d96b | SMO=0
| TRF1=0 | TRF2=0 | TRA1=0 | TRA2=0
| MPP=0 | NOTCHFILT=5.24438e+06 | TED=0 | TEF=0
| TEI=0 | SERIALENCBITS=6 | COMMUTATIONCFG=0 | FBR=10000
| FBD=1 | FB2D=0 | TBW=11 | KVP=0
| KVI=0 | KPP=0 | VFF=0 | AFF=0
| PFF=0 | CM=2 | MT=3 | AD=0
| FLAGS=20 | MMC=25 | MCC=23.25 | FOC=6
| FOV=49 | FUV=25 | FPT=0 | FVT=0
| FEV=100 | FMO=0 | LSF=0 | AXS=1
| AXT=3 | FFT=0 | TSR=0 | TCH=0
| TTR=1 | TBT=0 | CRI=3 | DIV=100
| PIF=2500 | MUL=100 | CAL=10 | CSD=10
| CVL=1000 | CRV=0 | MR=1.279 | ML=3.82
| MTC=2360 | MPC=8 | MMS=1500 | CAO=0
| HOMING=0 | HMV=100 | HMA=10 | HMH=0
| HMT=1 | HHL=0 | HLL=0 | HMF=0
| HSA=0 | HSS=0 | overrideAddr1=0 | overrideAddr2=0
| overrideAddr3=0 | overrideVal1=0 | overrideVal2=0 | overrideVal3=0
| BED=1.5 | BER=0 | BDD=1 | CAPS1=4.19405e+06
| CAPS2=16287

Can you post the Granity Testing tab contents, thanks.

OK, what happens on restart drive in Granity?

You can run restart drive in Granity many times, if it does not happen every time.

The fault is an undervoltage fault.

What type of power supply do you have in your system ( if you know that)?.

I wonder if you MCC is a bit too close to MMC. Try dropping MCC a bit, to 20 A, for example.

Mika. My Powersupply is,

Meanwell SDR 480-48.

Wheel moves left-right-left-right and here a knock and wheel stops to the right then the same popup saying setting changed need restart and has the yellow warning bottom right saying much restart drive manually, like last time, which we know fixed the fov warning and all worked fine, but this time its not working

AH HA!!! For Now(I pray :wink: ) The drive not faulting.
Also, Not sure if this info is anything Mika, but the wheel no longer feels like its got FFB Nm on it like it does when the fault in showing.? Just letting you know incase that helps or not :wink:

Yeah, I checked the fault location id:

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Fault_location

It definitively is an undervoltage fault. You power supply voltage dips down during drive init.

Remember, that the 0.9.0 line of SimuCUBE firmwares has the new IONI firmware too, and that could be more sensitive to some parameters. If we get any more “it used to work but now doesn’t” reports, I think we will investigate this with @Tero.

Ah Ok Mika. Maybe 0.9.5 more sensitive to it because only happened after went to 0.9.5 ?

Anyway, Thankyou YET again Mika for your harkwork AND VERY Quick reply and Fix :wink:

So,
We know its 47.8V vs 49V(That’s 102.5% more?), so that’s 1.2v, so do I need to do like you said Mika and up it to 49.3v so it is 1.5V More.

Well that would be good for the initialization safeguard, but as you now showed the testing tab contents, it is an under voltage fault. Your power supply is not big enough for the MMC value you are using.

1 Like

Also getting this fault on startup now, It was never an issue before the .9.x releases. I’ll pull more data when I have time.