SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

ok , i have an Augury kit with an small Mige, driver IONI PRO HC, and a SDR-480-48 (480W/720W ) .

[MCC] continuous current limit =10,000 A

[MMC] Peak current limit =11,999 A

[MTC] Thermal time constant =1500 seconds

[MPP] Peak Power Limit = 0 (power limit not used)

on SimuCUBE sonfig tool:

Bumstop maximum strenght: 40%

Bumpstop effect ramp range: 10º

Bumpstop damping effect: 30%

i have never fell any fadding, hot motor , weakness during playing or whatever.

my wheel runs strong for hours whithout any problem or disconection , all is great,

is just that bumpstop thing.

Thanks to you Mika!

Regards.

power cycle and in stand by for one hour more or less and the bumpstop doesnt become weak.

I have the exact same kit (40k encoder), I can run for 2 hours and let it be on for 24h and no change in bump.
My settings are 50%, 10 degree and damping 10%
Simucube r004
fw 0.9.2
tool 0.9.3
ioni fw 10691

Could motor current or something be checked when it happens?

Are my settings ok, or do in have something wrong?

You can try to simulated the “weak” bumbstop effect like this:

put bumpstop effects strength to 100%
then use the overall strength slider in profiles so that the motor current looks like 10.0 A

Does the bumpstop feel the same at this settings, as you “weak” bumbstop does?

If it does, it appears that IONI will reduce the power due to thermal time constant tripping, and will put 10.000 A maximum.

nope, with 100% and 10A bumpstop feels very strong, hard as a stone.

also, everytime i press Enable IONI configuration via USB, SimuCUBE configuration tool crash.

i can connect to the IONI in granity anyway, but i can not comeback , because SimuCUBE configuration tool crash as soon as i open it so i cant not disable IONI configuration via USB.

powercycle again and SimuCUBE configuration tool works fine

:thinking:

It would appear that first-time setup to empty SimuCUBE is broken again in 0.9.4.
I will take a look at it tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find out whats going wrong - all of the code seems to work allright, and I’ve now tested this around 10-15 times to a totally empty SimuCUBE board.

It is getting late… I think I will have to look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow.

You can downgrade to 0.9.3, it does work, nobody reported any issue with that & first-time setup.

Hi,

the firmware works so nice, thank you very much.

Today i installed Euro Truck Simulator 2, but the FFB doesn’t work with ETS2. Can you tell me why it doesn’T work please?

Another thing, real trucks use a steering degrees from 1800°, if i set 1800° to the Config Tool, it will not work and use 900° instead of 1800°. Can you take a look at this too please?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Andreas

Have you set all the DirectInput effects to 100%? (maybe start lower, I don’t know how strong these are)

iirc, ETS2 is loaded with FFB effects.

Hi Andreas

I’ve been running ETS2 and ATS without issues. FFB Effect sliders at 50% and then adjusting feeling in game.

I have also just tested with a new mod which uses an 1800" steering animation, setting SimuCUBE at the same 1800" and recalibrating in ATS gave me full 1800" steering with a 1:1 animation in the truck.

• Thomas

0.9.4 export/import profiles with always 100% spring effect, no matter if It was at 0 or any other value.

2 Likes

Confirmed, and fixed for 0.9.6 release some time :slight_smile: Thanks for detailed testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

0.9.4 was fine, so just updated to 0.9.5 and first thing said was FW out of date and needed to update, so did and had switch system off and on to get working again and now it stating,(0.9.4 didn’t show a FOV Fault)

Also, Next to wheel degree settings (ok on 0.9,4)

"Unsafe to apply or save Setting- Would cause immediate Torgue!

strange, since none of this was changed. You must have the FOV right at the limit where it will initialize. Please see via Granity your HV bus voltage (on the testing tab) and then put FOV around 1.5 V above that value.

Yer Weird as not changed anything myself Mika.
Still same granity setting as yesterday that I posted for you on raceroom thread Mika.
Here pictures from yesterday Mika.

49.0 V is right on the limit for 48.0 V power supply. Please show HV bus voltage on the testing tab (you will need to scroll down). Put it 49.5 or 50.0 V.

I will check now Mika, But just weird that it only faulted straight after going from 0.9.4 to 0.9.5.

Oh,
My Granity/ioni setting have not changed since my Mige kit was delivered.

If that does not help, please power-off the system, power on, and if this still happens, please send me the debug log from the advanced tab of the configuration tool. Write it in a private message.

Just connected to Ioni via granity.
What to do Mika.
Restart of Not before checking the setting ?