SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

i have to report rFactor 2 runs fine here on that imola track. no problems on kerbs on pit road
(if people follow my video guide and config files they should be fine)

Hello!
I have the strange issue in Raceroom that when i drive over the curbs, the whole ffb completely vanishes as long as i am on the curbs! With 0.91 i never had this problemā€¦I tried to disable all effects in the simucube but it stays the same!
Tested with fw 0.92 and the Porsche Gt3 on the Nordschleife.

I found the issue, was my fault! :wink:
Had an error in my .rcs file:
I set the FFB rumble strip freq mult=ā€œ1.0ā€ to 0, but now with the new effects it must be ā€œ1ā€!

Sorry and thanks Mika for this great piece of software!!!

1 Like

Something Iā€™ve noticed since v0.9.3.

Each time I open the SimuCUBE Configuration Tool, the red message at the bottom is flashing to tell me to save, even though I have not changed anything.

I click ā€˜Save Settings to Simucubeā€™ and it goes green as usual.

Everything is OK after that, but if I close the Configuration Tool and re-open it, the same happens each time.

Thanks for reporting. I shall investigate. I pretty much know what makes it happen - its the newly added desktop spring settings.

There is still some SimpleMotion communications issues occurring, especially on trying regain the bus after coming out of the IONI USB Configuration Mode.

I will have to invest time to fix this.

1 Like

We seem to have found a solution for the communications issue. To be included in 0.9.4.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a report about the verify-step at firmware update not working. Has anyone else had similar experience?

no all been fine on every update for me Mika

All was fine here too.

Because of that report, I installed the latest version of bootloader yesterday, and tried to update firmware. It worked perfectly, as it should, so the minor scare has been avoided.

I suspect you didnā€™t reflash your SimuCUBE from scratch using the dip-switch when you installed 0.9.0, and you are on the previous (first) version of the bootloader. That does not matter, the only changes in that are just minor details.

Updated yesterday. Everything went smoothly. Went from 0.9.0 to 0.9.3.

i dont know if its a bug or not, but i think that if you leave the SimuCUBE on for some hours, the bumpstop strength decreases by itself.

if you do a power cycle , then it gets the original bumpstop strenght again.

Strange. Does this happen in the Configuration Tool UI or for the feeling only?

All good hereā€¦ latest - Swish Home Runā€¦ even PCars has decent feedbackā€¦

1 Like

just the feeling, not placebo.

i have just replicate it.

not necesary to wait some hours , or being not in use.

just power cycle, check bumpstop strength, make an intensive use of the wheel for lets say one hour.

check bumpstop strengthā€¦will weak.

power cycle again, will get stiff again.

Does it matter if you have been actively using your wheel or when you have just let the wheel sit on its own?

It does It after some use, i dont know what happens after a power cycle and let the wheel on standby for sometime.

Im trying to replicate that now.

it could be that the motor thermal contraint calculation is being reached, and IONI starts to drive less and less current to the motor.

Can you post your MCC, MMC and MTC settings, and also the MPP setting, along with the power supply make&model you are using. Thanks.