SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

Also, settings data in 0.9 is 110 bytes, including 2 commands to get/set it. 0.8 and earlier were 55 bytes. So twice the time there.

I have an API improvement in mind, which will make this a bit faster at least.

1 Like

@Mika : I think a new little bug with 0.9 last version Simucube and last version 1.6.9 Ioni. If I make for example 900° rotation in simucube with bumppstops, the steering wheel is stopped 10% degrees before the end, in this example 440 or -440 degrees.

I must write 920° in Simucube to have a real 900°… :slight_smile:

can you post / screenshot your bumbstop effect settings?

For exemple 470° steering wheel for 450° real…

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/03/6/1516466479-capture-d-ecran-4.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/03/6/1516466553-capture-d-ecran-5.png

show the bumbstop settings on the hardware tab.

I admit that the effect has been reworked since 0.8.12, but in my testing, it works logically.

You should also be able to use that bumpstop range (from axis limit) -setting to fine tune the bumbstop closer to the angle you want. The degrees -settings sets the point from which the maximum force is applied.

I’m an idiot. 10% in the bumpstop by default with the last update I haven’t seen that. Thanks Mika…

Another thing. With the last update and my 2500PPR IONI damping make big noise on my Hirden. It’s the same with low torque bandwitch or unlimited and with low or big damping…

you mean the damping effects on IONI? Have you updated to any Beta versions of IONI firmware? SimuCUBE Firmware does not have any effect on what is being done in IONI.

It was the last beta firmware for IONI the problem. With 1.6.3 firmware all is OK. 1.6.9 bad. And yes it’s IONI damping not damping by the games… Thanks Mika.

Please make a detailed report to the Beta IONI thread, I know Tero will read it!

I have now update to 0.9.2 and firmware 10691 but unfortunately the behavior is the same.
On 2 out 4 track I have this “high tourqe on curbs/pit texture” issue.
(small mige 40k)

We change the Imola track and I have deleted the link, but it was the same on this version too
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKVrRJNf1IfhpMzeGuh9YW45y7m1w

Today I did an motec slow run around the track, and at one point the wheel got stuck in full force,
I hold the wheel and reverse over the curb on the other side, then i stopped.

I will not have any planned session with rF2 until late Sunday so if I can test anything let me know.
And if anyone else could try to confirm or decline the behavior that would be great.

/jens

what problem do you have exactly ?
i have the track does the car matter?

Maybe, I have tested with two cars same behavior, this is the cars I do have the problem with

Aston Martin
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788866138&searchtext=enduracers4
Porsche
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582567883&searchtext=mak-corp2

(i’m pretty sure you have them as well)

What happens in short is, when going slowly over or at curbs, I get max (it seems) torque
and it stays on. Today when I reversed on an curb on the other side it stopped.
(100% in Simucube, 0.45-0.50 in car)

At imola, I can feel it already when leaving the pit, if I gently hit the pit wall I often get very high output.

I will also now test if the same happens with one of the new GT3’s

If I go back to 0.8.x there is no issue (had an 90m race last sunday)

It’s the same with the Radical GT3, but not the pit wall I think more the entry out of the pit.

Overall my overall feel is that the sudden high torque is the same, but less situation where it stay static after the update. But it could be my installation, but that would be good to know as well (and why it is).

Unfortunately I will only have time to test this on Monday or Tuesday; most likely only a short test will be possible. Wednesday and Thursday next week look like good candidates for serious debugging session.

Hi just been testing Radical on Portimao with 55% (100% to high for me ) in SimuCUBE and .54 multi had no issues think i used .30 ish multi for 100% when i tried it before
could be controller file settings mine are here if you want to try them.I would backup up yours so can go back if you do not like it :slight_smile:

},
“Force Feedback”:{
“Brake effects on steer axis”:0,
“Brake effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Brake effects strength”:-10000,
“Brake effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Brake spring coefficient”:0.3,
“Brake spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Brake spring saturation”:1,
“Brake spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Clutch effects on steer axis”:0,
“Clutch effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Clutch effects strength”:-10000,
“Clutch effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Clutch spring coefficient”:0.2,
“Clutch spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Clutch spring saturation”:1,
“Clutch spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“G920_workaround”:true,
“G920_workaround#”:“Workaround for Logitech G920 firmware bugs … may need to turn this off after firmware update if it gets fixed.”,
“Gearbox effects on steer axis”:0,
“Gearbox effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox ‘axis’, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Gearbox effects strength”:-10000,
“Gearbox effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Gearbox spring coefficient”:0,
“Gearbox spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Gearbox spring saturation”:1,
“Gearbox spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Ignore controllers”:0,
“Ignore controllers#”:“Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)”,
“Jolt magnitude”:0,
“Jolt magnitude#”:“How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.”,
“Off-road multiplier”:0.3,
“Off-road multiplier#”:“Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)”,
“Other spring coefficient”:0.2,
“Other spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers”,
“Other spring saturation”:1,
“Other spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers”,
“Rumble strip magnitude”:0,
“Rumble strip magnitude#”:“How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.”,
“Rumble strip pull factor”:0,
“Rumble strip pull factor#”:“How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.”,
“Rumble strip update thresh”:0,
“Rumble strip update thresh#”:“Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)”,
“Rumble strip wave type”:0,
“Rumble strip wave type#”:“Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.”,
“Steering effects strength”:-10000,
“Steering effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
“Steering resistance coefficient”:0.1,
“Steering resistance coefficient#”:“Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0”,
“Steering resistance saturation”:0.1,
“Steering resistance saturation#”:“Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0”,
“Steering resistance type”:0,
“Steering resistance type#”:“0=use damping, 1=use friction”,
“Steering spring coefficient”:0,
“Steering spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Steering spring saturation”:0.1,
“Steering spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Steering torque capability”:20,
“Steering torque capability#”:“The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)”,
“Steering torque extrap blend”:0,
“Steering torque extrap blend#”:“Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds ‘input max’ (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)”,
“Steering torque extrap time”:0.01,
“Steering torque extrap time#”:“Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set ‘blend’ to 0.0)”,
“Steering torque filter”:4,
“Steering torque filter#”:“Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle’s steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)”,
“Steering torque minimum”:0,
“Steering torque minimum#”:“Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel’s ‘FFB deadzone’ caused by friction”,
“Steering torque per-vehicle mult”:0.54,
“Steering torque per-vehicle mult#”:“Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)”,
“Steering torque sensitivity”:1,
“Steering torque sensitivity#”:“Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high”,
“Steering torque zero-speed mult”:0.45,
“Steering torque zero-speed mult#”:“Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque”,
“Test_workaround”:true,
“Test_workaround#”:“Workaround for apparent driver CTD on release”,
“Throttle effects on steer axis”:0,
“Throttle effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.”,
“Throttle effects strength”:-10000,
“Throttle effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Throttle spring coefficient”:0.1,
“Throttle spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Throttle spring saturation”:1,
“Throttle spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Type”:1,
“Type#”:“Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble/gamepad 4=custom”,
“Use thread”:true,
“Use thread#”:“Use a separate thread to issue FFB commands which may block with some drivers”
},

I’ll try your settings and see if it makes any difference, I note your write Portimao as the track, I have not tested that track with this firmware but with some tracks it works fine (Dubai for example)

So far Imola in the link above (and previous version I had deleted) and also Monza (don’t have the version right now) is where I have noted the behavior so it seems more of some issue related to the texture on these tracks.

I’ll test Portimao track and then also the ffb above later tonight to see what result that gives.

1 Like

I think I find what could be the reason for the instant high ffb

If I change this setting in Controller.JSON
"Rumble strip wave type":0,
“Rumble strip wave type#”:“Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.”,

Standard is 0, I had it to 3 and when I changed it back to 0 I don’t get the fault. I don’t know if this could be track specific but maybe some tracks don’t use this texture thing. I tried to use 3 again and the fault appears.

I have the effect sliders at 0 except friction and damping

No FFB effects in history either setting, i’m sure I did see it in 0.9 but thats more FYI (or I need to test longer)

2 Likes

OK, thanks for reporting this.

I will personally test next week, if the effect in use actually changes also in the FFB interface, according to the Controller.JSON setting.

If I can isolate it to the sawtooth effect, then I will also try to debug that effect.

Can you try to set it back to 3, and then see if the sawtooth effects strength slider has any difference to this?
Disregard that, I didn’t see your note about having all sliders at 0.

I will try this next week, but good that we now have a workaround.

1 Like

Can I report a bug also?

Profile export/import is currently very much broken. I will release a hotfix.

3 Likes