SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

yeah.

i have a dedicated usb pice card for my rift with my 3 sensor setup.

has been running like that since november last year when i built the pc and got the dd wheel.

i never encountered any problem where my ffb dropped out and my rift went black all of a sudden prior to the last simucube firmware update.

while its still likely to be connected to a windows update i still think its likely its also connected somehow to the simcube and osw itself.

i didnt race a lot the last weeks due to beat saber. i played at least an hour of beat saber every other day. more like every day and more like 2 hours most of the time. so i have been really heavily using my vr device in combination with all 3 sensors and both tracked controllers since the last windows update and yet have never had any dropouts.

but as soon as i used my osw since the last update i had 3 crashes now, all in the span of 5-30minutes of actually driving. it still could be a conicidence that it hasnt happened while playing with the rift on its own, but its highly unlikely at this point in my opinion.

as i said i will give it a proper run tonight with the old simucube and ioni firmware to make sure its not connected to the simucube software.

if i can reproduce the error with the old firmware its probably a windows update thats causing the whole mess.

one more reason for me to be happy with win 10 enterprise ltsb. no more crappy updates.

Right. After downgrading several times I couldn’t resolve my issues until…I changed my headphones to the rear socket of my PC. No hiss whatsoever. Nothing. Don’t know why the issue arose in the the first place but it’s obviously something on my end. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help.

ok. the downgrade didnt fix the problem.
i cant get it to work anymore. really frustrating. i tried rolling back windows updates as well but my windows doesnt allow me too. doesnt work.

the windows update process has to be one of the most forced and frustrating things of modern technology. i cant believe how inconvienient and how anti consumer their updating policy is. its so freakingly frustrating.

looks like i will have to make a complete clean reinstall because i am not able to fix the usb dropouts with simucube at the moment. it has to be related to a windows update.

Have you tried disconnecting al usb connections except simucube?Then trying to get it work?
and then one for one connecting until problem appear?

hm. its a problem that doesnt happen all the time. sometimes it takes 20minutes to happen sometimes only 5. thing is i dont have a normal screen near my rig. even if i wanted i cant use my simucube osw properly without my rift. and the only way to test it for real is with driving it with ffb on.

the raceromm update received today solved my ffb problem
the ffb was zero after using the “ESC” key. This is now fixed

the friction still does not work under simucube 0.910 / ioni 10706. Under simucube, the round is white and not black and if I position the friction at 20% or 100% it does not change anything in the feeling of the game

I’ve seen the suggestion that Shorty recommends work for quite a few people - including myself since the recent updates. I disconnected every USB device I could (except mouse), rebooted and then reconnected devices; no more issues since.

Maybe Raceroom creates a friction effect but puts its game controlled variable to 0. In that case, the SimuCUBE slider does not have any effect.

can you discuss with sector3 to study what could be put in place
jean-francois.chardon [at] sector3studios.com

Thanks

yes friction works fine, very good work Mika.

i have the black dot on direct input friction.

if someone wants fricion when the car is stacionary ( only ) this is necesary to edit on the control.rcs file.

FFB stationary friction=“0.7” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
FFB stationary friction speed=“2.0” // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s

Regards.

1 Like

ok. thx will give that a try.

will try to avoid a full reinstall of the os because that always takes some time.

really annoying problem. i ran session yesterday for about an hour with no problem. then later that day i ran another where it took less then 10minutes until the rift went black again and the wheel lost ffb for a few seconds.

its really weird. i dont know where that comes from. in the meantime i succesfully restored to an older system restore point but that didnt help either. its only when racing. everything points to a usb issue but i didnt encounter this ever before. its really weird. i dont know what introduced it. those problems are the most annoying because its so hard to check if something you tried to fix it really works.

People having issues with inputs freezing might want to try disabling the power service. It might have fixed it for me

I’ve stopped having the issue since disabling Power, but it may be a coincidence.
Anyone one else still having the problem?

What is the power service? Something in Windows 10?

Yes, just press the winows key and type services

Does not sound very good idea to disable the power service. Perhaps you can achieve the same result by disabling selective usb suspend but by leaving the service on?

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/usb-selective-suspend-everything-you-need-to-know-about-it/

Disabling the hole service may cause a lot of other issues.

If disabling the selective usb suspend help in this, then perhaps there is some issues in the SC firmware for suspend support (or in the usb device drivers).

1 Like

I had already made all those changes. There are no other issues casued by doing this.

Honestly microsoft don’t really care too much about your gaming experience, the more services you can disable the better.

I’ve got it down to 62 processes when idle, I can honestly say the PC seems way faster. My CPU is from 2011, and everything is instentanious.

1 Like

i fixed my problem. turns out it didnt have anything to do with simucube at all. i also dont think it was related to a windows update.

i actually believe now its somehow connected to an update from oculus itself.

my configuration ran fine for 7 months without any problem at all. then it started to happen a few weeks ago.

after trying downgrading the simucube software and rolling back a windows update i lastly went on to rearrange all my usb devices. after thinking about it longer it occured to me that it can only be connected to usb bandwith somehow because it never happened without my simracing equipment. meaning whenever i played normal rift games without additional peripherals it went fine. but when racing at some point my rift went black and my simucube lost ffb.

i think some update from oculus somehow changed the usb usage of some kind. when i rearranged my rift and sensors now everything works fine again.

now on my dedicated usb card there runs an oculus sensor over usb3 and the rift itself. one additional oculus sensor goes to one usb3 onboard controller and another oculus sensor goes to my usb 2 onboard controller.

my simracing hardware is now carefully split up to all those 3 controllers aswell. i think its now balanced and no controller is overloading anymore.

i dont know why it never happened before but i am now convinced its somehow connected to the rift itself.

i am just glad that i got it sorted out. since last week i ran multiple sessions well over 1 or 2 hours.

so if anybody experiences the same problem, try to rearrange the usb devices carefully.

Yours is not the first report I’ve seen for the need to carefully organize the USB-load when a DD-wheel and VR is involved. It’s actually a fairly commonly discussed subject in the AccuForce and iRacing forums IIRC. Oculus has also made similar recommendations although, not specifically related to the use of DD-wheels.

It’s also not uncommon for recent Windows updates to alter the USB-connection handling characteristics in some way but, simply re-starting the PC or unplugging / re-connecting USB-devices may solve issues. I now try to blue-print my USB device connections so I have everything mapped out for times when I do PC maintenance or upgrades.