SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

I also got this problem. Throttle gets stuck.

I had it a few times while drifting. A tad of a second too much throttle results as too much oversteer into a wall.

It started with the newest version, 0.9.10.

No, you would be able to keep same IONI version. Please give more accurate reports on when the hiss happens - only in game, on desktop, or even if PC is turned off but SimuCUBE is on, etc.

Ok now it gets strange here:
When I disable forcefeedback in options iracing click done and go into game and then quit and go back in options and enable forcefeedback and go again in game the feedback is there!
But strangely after that it remembers it forcefeedback also after restart but after many startups
It seems to stay working, I had this done before but was not go into game and back
and another oftopic thing the sound in the headset I had to Always change again in
Menu to the headset and that is also solved.
I shall test this a couple days

1 Like

Apologies. It happens the instant the phasing stops after booting up. Iā€™ll go back to 0.9.7 to see if it stops.

ok Iā€™m still getting the same hiss now with 0.9.7 Iā€™m starting to think it may be due to the latest win10 updates. Iā€™ll do more investigating. Sorry if I wasted your time. Nothing in my setup has changed so Iā€™m baffled for now. Will report back if I find anything if your interested.

Static hiss sound would be more like a IONI firmware issue. Downgrade SimuCUBE firmware and then try each IONI firmware separately?

Hi Mika, most of these so-called usb bugs are not anything Simucube related, but rather win 10 update.

I have micro-disconnects in iracing now, immediately after win10 update. It also detected Simucube as new device and reinstalled it. Let me investigate.

1 Like

Hi Phillip! and greetings from Gran Canaria, a conference visit here. Iā€™m already thinking something strange is happening with usb disconnects, as the code really has not fundamentally changed. However, there is a threshold value that I could adjust for the forceful usb stack ā€œyou canā€™t possibly be busy this many times while still claiming that the cable is connectedā€. I will investigate that at some point.

1 Like

Greetings, Mika:) So this week is your turn for travelsā€¦hopefully it is a good trip for you!

Just run some testing, and update even broke my Oculus frame rate in iRacing. It was solid 90fps, now running 40-60.

The frame-stutters also coincides with the micro-stutters I feel in FFB. So WinCrap 10 update broke something for sure. Will do more checking tomorrow evening ā€¦

Enjoy the trip!

why donā€™t you try reverting to the previous version of win ?

updated to 9.10 a few days ago and now have weird dropouts.

ffb drops out completely and the rift goes black.

rift comes back after sometime and also the ffb.

cant say with certainty what the problem really is but i suspect it has soemthing to do with the wheel to be honest.

i never encountered this problem before being on the newest version. i played hours and hours of beatsaber in the last few days. today i played like 2 hours of beatsaber and didnt encounter any problems at all with my pc.

i play iracing for 20minutes with the new firmware and its the third time in the last 3 days that i have this problem.

cant say for sure its related to the firmware but considering i had 0 problems before the last update, and i only have problems when racing and not when doing anything else it feels like its somehow connected.

will go back to an older version for now to see how it goes.

edit:
i downgraded to the older simucube software (0.9.7) but i am still running the newest ioni version (10706). is there a way to downgrade that as well as that could also be the problem for the dropouts.

edit2:
nevermind, i read through the manual in granity. downloaded the version that comes with 0.9.7 (ioni 10701) and flashed that manually. will just give it a quick run in iracing as i dont have enough time tonight but will certainly test it out logner tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi Loukas,
I did revert, but it seems also display driver was updated, meaning I need to rerun graphics config in iRacing, as well as perhaps tune few settings in nVidia control panel.

Anyway, I ran out of time last night due to quite many meetings, but will continue tonight. If all else fails, I will just restore a recent system back-up.

No dramas, I just wanted to highlight the recent spite of USB-related issues are not related to Mikaā€™s efforts on SimuCUBE, it merely coincides due to timing of his release with Win-shit 10 update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

as i said i couldnt run extremely long yesterday. ran about 20 minutes in iracing after downgrading. didnt encounter any problems so far.

i plan on running a longer session tonight. will let you know if i still encounter dropouts.

as beano said it might just as well be related to a windows update.

look at device manager @ your rift it should say "ā€œworking normalā€ but after the windows update I get a second rule " insufficient usb speed " under it ( when I got problems only )
ASUS calls it in the bios ERP this should be "disabled " and not S4 -S5 power state.
After setting this to disabled I got my headset normal again. ( Samsung Odyssey )
Maybe its helps

1 Like

thats interesting. that storngly suggests that it has something to do with the windows update. first thing i will check after work today.

That is interesting. Can you refer to the Asus article to disable ERP?

I uninstalled Simucube from Device Manager, enumerated it on a different port, and finally run graphics configuration in iRacing again.

All good, no additional steps needed, performance back to normal.

So definitely Winchit 10 updates causing the earlier hassles :wink:

@Shorty: I remember seeing that message during months ago update, but not this time. However, Windows ā€˜discoveredā€™ Simucube afresh during this last night update, that told me something was amiss.

Asus Hero VII Manuel point 3.6.8 APM configuration
You Can find it under ā€œ advanced ā€œ
You Can choose between Erp disabled
S4-5 or only S5
When I set it on S4-5 then I have 50% change that my headset go into trouble and when thats happening It gives me under Device settings headset ( HMD )error insufficiƫnt USB speed this i Can reproduce time after time until I set Erp in bios on disable then the problem disapear
But I have a mixed reality headset samsung Odyssey with the same specs as Vive pro! Maybe the bandwidth is higher
I realy think its not simcube related I only want to help people wich have problems wit VR

1 Like

All good Mate, valuable info and something I will check when I use my Vive Pro again.

Rift is not an issue this far though :wink:

With Win10 updates, I sometimes have to unplug all USB devices and reboot before reconnecting them. That solved some issues for me last time a major update dropped. Iā€™m using a MSi mobo.

USB bandwidth / load issues have been ongoing - especially when VR-HMDā€™s and DD-wheels are in use. Quite a few AccuForce users have had to use a dedicated USB-PCIe card for the wheel or the HMD to avoid issues - especially with iRacing and rF2 it seems.

My Oculus CV1 has the sensors plugged into the mobo usb3.0 sockets and most of my other devices are connected to high-quality USB2.0 / USB3.0 external hubs but, my MSi mobo has a useful USB-speed boost feature that seems to keep things running pretty smoothly for the most part. Itā€™s just when new updates arrive that I may have to reboot clean.