SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

Hi Joe I have a BiSS here and i can confirm that Beano I correct.

Max out fev. There is no problem at least from the tests we have done.

Thanks guys!
I have always set my builds to 5000 prior to today.

I never had any faults prior to this case, but I will take your advice and set it to 30k.
Sadly the guy I was helping will not be back home until Sunday night, so I have to wait to see if he is good to go. :frowning:

@Mika is there an upper limit for FEV?
Ie: if set above a certain number will it cause conflicts with other settings?

The FEV parameter is a precautionary parameter that can be used, for example, to stop runaway (loss of control) axises in CNC machines. In SimuCUBE use case, it has no real usage. Typically it is good to set it sufficiently high, and generally accepted way is to set it to 6 rotations / second as indicated in Granity, or higher. You can not set too high value for this with Granity.

Thanks for clarifying. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m getting an audible hiss through my headphones after starting the Simucube since upgrading to 9.10. The hiss is only audible when the wheel is still. When I rotate the wheel the hiss goes away until I stop rotating. I never had this issue with any other firmware. Any thoughts?

Strange. Which firmware version were you on before, or is it really just an issue with 0.9.10?

yet again throttle stuck.
I was racing today on 0.9.10/0.9.10 and 10706, first in skippy, and all was fine, then in RUF. First throttle got stuck 100% for about 100m (missed my brake point), then couple of time it got stuck 0% for just a fraction.
Saved replay if it helpsā€¦

Have connected the pedals to the simcube?
Or have you standard pedals like G27 or t3pa like thrustmaster?

It started month ago with 0.9.8. I have downgraded to 0.9.7 and it was all OK until now with 0.9.10

That doesnā€™t sound anything related to the Simucube.
Your pedals do not go through the Simucube, so itā€™s one of three things:

Your drivers are buggy for your pedals
You are having issues with your PC USB controller - too many USB devices connected at the same time
Thereā€™s something wrong with your pedals.

The Simucube will have nothing to do with your issue, and the issue is random, or a general worsening of whatever non-Simucube related issues you might be having.

Thatā€™s almost like saying the Simucube broke my USB mic or webcam.

Have you tried going into your device manager and turning off all power management options for each device just in case itā€™s Windows power management powering down your pedals?
Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s related to your USB devices and either a faulty port/USB powermanagement - Iā€™ve had similar issues in the past especially with Oculus.
I resolved all my USB issues by buying a 4-port StarTech USB PCIe card which has 4 separate on-board USB controllers for each port - not the cheap Inateck ones that only have one controller for all the ports, and results in the same issues with the USB controller being unable to handle all the devices.

Ok this is not a simcube issue
I have the Heusinkveld Pro to
And the Heusinkveld handbrake and shifter
And I have no problems with te hardware
( I use the leobodnar 16 bit USB controller )
To drive them

@Mika
But I have a Tiny problem:
When I restant the computer and when I start IRacing first I have no Forcefeedback and when I plug the USB Out and in the FFB is back and so long I dont restart I Can start it over and over again
But when I restart and start rFactor2 first and then start IRacing then there is no problem at all
It seems to be that rFactor starts the FBB and IRacing canā€™t ?
This is with small Mige and 10000 encoder with 480/720 pwm
If this is fixed I think the firmware Can be out of alpha

Do you have Oculus or something like that? Which SimuCUBE firmware version is it?

Mika, This is a problem on the Vive pro, but not on the Riftā€¦I suspect the Vive is just using all USB bandwidth when starting Iracingā€¦not sure about the previous poster though, but something I have been experiencing.

All good on the Rift thoughā€¦

1 Like

0.910 the latest
And Yes I use a VR headset
Samsung Odyssey this had the same specs
As the Vive Pro

Ok so it could be a usb timing issue,where for some reason, the ffb effect creation packets go missing. This was discussed on iRacing support forum some time ago, and Dave Tuckerā€™s recommendation was to try with alwaysrestartfx parameter = 1 in app.ini.
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3593323.page

This is not a SimuCUBE bug.

Ok, I tried to start on my triples 40ā€
@ 7680x1440 wich is more demanding then
My VR headset and yes the FFB works normal!
So its aVR problem
Iā€™ll just have to wait when IRacing wil fix this

Yes Mika,
I donā€™t at all believe this to be a simucube bug, rather USB timing matter on OS level.

Thanx for your thoughts!

Cheers,
Beano

Iā€™ve been using 0.9.7 until the update. If I were to downgrade back to 0.9.7 for testing would I also have to downgrade Ioni?