SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

Did you have firmware version 0.9.7 or 0.9.8?

Hi Mika yes, should I try one of this?

Please downgrade to 0.9.7 if you have issues with 0.9.8. Let me know if you need the procedure on how to do it.

ya would be nice Mika.
Ps I did an Hour race : no problem ā€¦

I downgrade to 0.97 (probably the wrong procedure) after an hour and half disconnected/connectedā€¦ freeze for a second.
Sam

So the hardware tab also says that firmware version is 0.9.7?

yes, i just run the installer 0.97 by the way, in the tab says firmware 0.97 correct firmware eccā€¦

Had my first real issue today.

I powered up my PC + Simucube today and the PC started booting around the same time the phasing was done. I have Desktop Centering Spring enabled (100% spring strength, 20% saturation).

As soon as the center spring effect started after phasing the wheel just continued spinning left at the saturation speed ripping out the USB cable :frowning: Must be some interaction with USB initialization?

Luckily nothing broke :slight_smile:

FW: 0.9.8 (IONI 10702)
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon

I had only 1 of the usb ports connected on the SimuCUBE, not the one for the firmware updates.

The other port is used for tuning the IONI servo drive via Granity. It is not particularly used for firmware updates, as the good version of the IONI firmware is also shipped with the SimuCUBE firmware.

Please downgrade to 0.9.7 for now, there are known issues already with 0.9.8.

little update Mika, no issue since yesterday , 0.97 .

Great to hear.

To get more information, can you determine if any hardware changes have happened since the disconnects have started to happen? Some say, that the latest Windows 10 Spring 2018 update also breaks things, but I havenā€™t noticed any differences with that.

The USB will disconnect if device idle for a while after Windows 10 1803 (Spring update).
Have noticed even my USB keyboard will lost connection too, need re-plug usb cable to make it working again (maybe soft reset can solve too, not test).

But worst case is display driver will removed by Windows 10 1803, need press ā€œwin + ctrl + shift + bā€ to make display driver working again.

No problems here with the windows spring update.

Hi Mika, I have not added any hardware, update windows with the last build ( spring 18 ) few weeks ago.
Zero problems today too after two hours of driving ( 0.97 )
Sam

Are you using nvidia? Their last non hotfix driver gets unloaded after a while, thatā€™s not really 1803.

Yes, I use NVIDIA.

But as I know this should be Windows 10 1803 bug, and Microsoft confirmed this issue and will release new update near days. I am still using NVIDIA 38x driver, and before 1803 everything working fine.

Not only display driver will no response, my Razer USB keyboard will random no response too (already disable USB power saving).

Rick

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a bug, but having an issue.

Build is Simucube, IONI HC, SDR-480-48, Small Mige with BISS C

Customer is running Assetto only. We have adjusted setting per the video in the Assetto thread.
Wheel is running great except for if when about to have a crash customer removes hands from wheel and the wheel hits bumpstop.
Then loss of FFB and FEV Fault.

Originally I had FEV set to 5000 and then tried raising to 6000 fault still happens.
It only faults if he lets his hands off of the wheel.
He can catch slides even with quick turns in opposite direction.

Simucube Firmware 0.9.7
Ioni firmware 1.7.1 I upgraded firmware to 1.7.5 just a few minutes ago via Chrome remote desktop
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe, open FEV even to 18,000 or higher to testā€¦

Let me know what you findā€¦

Thanks Beano.
Is this the upper limit on the FEV?

Ha no, Joe, I think I had 30,000 or something on one of my AKMā€™s, if memory serves. I donā€™t use this as a safeguard at all, I just set it way high enough so I donā€™t get overspeed faults. So donā€™t be afraid to open the limit way upā€¦

All these servos are severely limited in the rpm environment anyway due to the low HV voltage we useā€¦and, anyway, hopefully guys have their E-Sops wired, unlike meā€¦

Let me know if this resolves the issue for your customer!