SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

Ah yes, the Friday night played tricks on me as I’m currently looking at code from 0.9.5 and 0.9.7 to try to find bugs :smiley:

The missing things / known issues of 0.9.8 beta version are of course listed / shown on the download page:
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

To give you some feedback on the issue I had. I did change the “under voltage fault threshold” to 20V and left the “peak power limit” on unlimited and the issue didnt reappear yet. thanks :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Changing the power settings fixed most of my USB issues

ok , i find the issue.

the 0.9.8_pre1 firmware doesnt like the 0.9.8 public beta software.

the firmware update from 0.9.8_pre1 to 0.9.8 public beta firmware is ok, but you lose DI effects.

0.9.8_pre1 downgrade to 0.9.7 and then update to 0.9.8 public beta gives correct results.

thanks Mika , forget my posts , is not a real bug itsef.

Hello,

first time posting here but I am running v0.9.8 and have been getting fault location ID1 481001. went through granity last night with a much more knowledgable person and fixed all my settings and issue continued today. also had an issue where FFB would lose the detail from iracing but the force remained there. i hit the E stop buttong and released and and gained the detail back but then had the 481001 error that causes my wheel to spin one direction to the other and back without stopping till i hit the e stop button and in the sim it just turns my wheel 90 degrees to the left.

Does the same happen with 0.9.7? It could be that the USB stack resets itself, which was introduced in 0.9.8 as a workaround for situations where SimuCUBE stops responding after being powered on for a while.

Hi,
I’m running 0.9.8 firmware, and I was wondering if it could disconnect or influence my pedals in iracing.
I have occasional problem with throttle stuck 100% for about 1sec, just before going into corner, I let off throttle but it’s stuck at 100% and brake does not react during that time.
Mechanically my throttle is OK, if it was mechanical issue I could brake at the same time at least.

What pedals are you using, and how they are connected?

Heusinkveld Pro, via USB-controller plugged directly to the PC (without any HUB).

Sounds like it could be some type of EMI or ground loop issue that affects the USB.

Only thing you can try is to downgrade to 0.9.7 to see if there is a difference.

Hi Jerry,
Have you got the small ground cable that came with the HE pedals connected to a GND pin on the little controller board and the other end earthed?

Hi,
Yes, I do have it connected between brake actually and the controller (pedals are mounted on alu profile), so throttle and clutch should also be grounded.
Strange thing is, that it happens only once in a race or not at all.

That’s how it looks like in telemetry:
https://karo.nazwa.pl/owncloud/index.php/s/2bV7e9BKscQjuxY
If it’s random, I wonder why it always happen after some straight exactly when I’m letting go the throttle, and why brake does not respond during that time?
One more thing, it happens so far only in RUF series. I did not to many other series races, except couple in skippy, but in skippy it did not happen yet.
It’s probably not related to SimuCube but, cars in RUF look like levitating couple cm above the track (other series not) see here - https://karo.nazwa.pl/owncloud/index.php/s/5NOOQ17mNtOR57c
WTF?

I have the same problem with gt3 and lmp1 on iracing and lmp2 on rf2. My hardware : small mige, HE pro, alu profil chassis.

I have the impression that this happens during heavy braking.
I can’t reproduce this problem but if I average it happens once every 2H

Hi,
I’ve downgraded to 0.9.7 firmware, and so far 2 races without the issue. Keep you posted if it changes.

I’ve this issue with 0.9.7 I dont have installed 0.9.8.

I have been having unexplained but quite similar issues pretty much every other time I race.
For me it’s loss of USB connection on the actual Simucube - I hear the Windows noise when a USB device is disconnected and lose all power to the wheel.
It’s happened more frequently recently using the Dallara IR18 with quite strong FFB - 52NM (which I know isn’t even close to 1:1 but for the Dallara it’s engaging!).
Then within about 2 seconds it reconnects (hear the sound) and I’m trying to wrestle the wheel. No errors in Granity.

I’m on 0.98 and seems like this is an issue for people using this and 0.97.
Must be something causing USB disconnects like this?
I have always had my Win 10 registry forced to NOT allow any selective or otherwise power down of any USB connected device.
So, it’s not Windows doing this, unless it’s some kind of safety mechanism caused by a USB device pulling too much power/clipping (if that’s even a thing with USB?)

@Mika - is it ok to go back to 0.96 until this is resolved? I have a few important races coming up and can’t afford to have this happen.

Thanks.

Nothing USB related changes were introduced in 0.9.7, so please downgrade to that.

Ok, thanks.
But wasn’t another user having this issue in 0.97?

Might be unrelated, but I will downgrade to 0.97 until you need me to test 0.99 :slight_smile:

I have random disconnections as someone said above, just sometimes.
Never had these problems since the first installation (at least one year)
all USB don’t use energy saving…
had a bad 5 minutes during a race in Spa with lmp1 … drivers around me not happy about that disconnection… at all…
Sam