SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

It woudl be interesting to see the fault reason on the Testing tab, when the fault has happened.

I could replicate the issue again, here is the fault. It says Motor Faults: Undervoltage!

It would appear then, that the power supply in your Augury unit is not powerful enough, and the voltage drops. Especially as you have the Peak Power Limit setting at 0 (power limit not used). Please put it first to 480 W and then start to increase little by little from there.

Thanks for your advice, I will try it out. I have the SDR-480-48 (480W/720W) in the Augury unit so it should be fine right?

Yeah, but it might be a borderline case too. You can also try to lower the under voltage fault threshold to 20 V.

I have seen some reports of users having issues booting up their PC when the Simucube is turned on. My issue is slightly different as the PC will boot with it on but it will not initialize and I get a constant USB connection tone. I have to power cycle the Simucube for this to go away. This was not the case with 0.9.7 which was what came with the Simucube when it arrived.

Is anyone else having this USB issue or can provide any suggestions to resolve it?

I would like to know which motherboard you have, and to which port you have connected to, and what other USB devices are connected.

Until we can release the next version, there is only the option to downgrade to 0.9.5.

Hi Mika,

I have. Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 motherboard and I also have an Inateck 5 port PCI Express USB 3.0 card. The simucube is currently plugged into two of the USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard but I have also tried it with the ports on the PCI card. It’s not a show stopper for me so I will not downgrade the firmware, it’s just annoying when I need to reboot the PC.

Thanks for the continued support.

As for USB devices, I have a Fanatec USB adapter for my fanatec shifter and also a USB adapter for my Fanatec BMW rim. I also have CST pedals, Oculus Rift ae sorts and a USB keyboard/mouse. One of my monitors is a touch screen and also uses a USB port.

Still have USB disconnection issue happened with v0.9.7a and v0.9.8.

My hardware combination as below:
BENEVO BUH247 USB 2.0 HUB (SimuCUBE connected here).
ASUS X99-DELUXE II
INTEL i7-6800K

In Assetto Corsa, will hear USB re-connected notify when car standby in settings menu, after that all FFB disappear. Need to restart Assetto Corsa to make FFB working again.
This happened sometimes in 0.9.7a, but always happen in v0.9.8.

Also tested this with GIMX adapter, with v0.9.8, GIMX crash after few minutes, but ok with v0.9.7a.

Rick

Hi Mika,

Not to confuse the issue but>>>
I noticed Ledfoot’s equipment listing.
I have the same set up essentially:
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 mobo, i7-6700, 16gb ram, Inateck 5 port USB card, SRS usb adapter for Fanatec rims, Sim Racing Machine wind simulator, Fanatec V3 pedals/shifter/handbrake, Rift Cv1 with touch controllers, wireless keyboard and trackball, Simracing Bay 20nm DD wheel

As you can tell, I have most of my ports used up. I can boot with Simucube either on or off with no problems. I did notice one other thing…he said that he uses 2 USB ports for Simucube. I only use 1. Would that make a difference?
I hope this helps and not just confuses the situation.
THanks for all your hard work

I to have the issue where it will boot to the Windows logo and stay there, needs hard rest to restart. I then remove the USB plugs from computer rear, the computer boots to windows normally and hot plug back in. It is NOT everytime, maybe 1 out of 20 starts.

I start my pc with simucube powered down, once startups have concluded I start the cube and run the software.
ASUS X99-DELUXE II (aswell)
i7-6750X
2 7 port plugables USB powered 2.0 hubs, interestingly with 3.0 powered hubs the USB issues were endless, downgraded to 2.0 and that improved greatly

After you are up and running are plugging in both USB cords on the SimuCube or just 1?

That does not make a difference. For normal operation, only the HID port ( X3 here: https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_pinouts_and_wiring) is required.

Not sure if the question was for me, but I have both plugged in permanently

hello

this two weeks i have been using 0.9.8 pre 1 version and all was fine except for the friction effect.

today i update to the final 0.9.8 and rF2 FFB becomes very strange, weird as if directinput damping or direcinput spring were not working at all.

i was able to repicate it. i come back to 0.9.7 and it feels smooth and great again,
updated again to 0.9.8 and weird FFB (im sure is one of the direct inputs effects) damping or spring.
those were ok on 0.9.8 pre 1 but not in 0.9.8
friction works fine in 0.9.7

Regards.

There is no 0.9.8 final version released anywhere yet.

i mean 0.9.8 public beta