Simucube firmware 0.50.x feedback thread

Yeah, same here. SRB Small MiGe from May this year. Win 10 Pro 1903. Went from 11.0 to 11.2 to 50.4c. No Issues.

Longshot but one never know: My friend had a strange issue when he got his Oculus Rift S recently. It refused to upgrade the firmware on his headset. He had to create a new profile on Win 10 and then it worked… dont know if this can be similar issue. He was admin on the old account aswell.

Hi @Mika

Would it be possible to have the same scale as on True drive? That is 10 under true drive = 0.1 under SC1.

it is the plan, as per the poll I made a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

So, I followed Boska’s suggestion and made a new (non admin) account/profile. The tool started and showed me the (still empty) EUL agreement. I again clicked yes and the update wizard was shown. I cancelled the wizard and the tool closed (as I would expect).

So far it looked ok.

But when I started the tool again it immediately exited… I then deleted the entire GraniteDevices entry in the registry and it would start again. Even just changing the value for “EULAAccepted” entry to anything other then the hex value “6b” would make it work again… Changing the profile to an administrator made no difference either…

Did you find a solution to the shaking picture of the wheel?
I also get this and the rotation value is not stable, it changes very fast with maybe 1 degree + or - whilst the picture is shaking.

Hello
can we hope for an update of our simucube 1 as a Christmas present ?
:grinning:

I am not :santa: but I do hope that we can get some things that have been improved for Simucube 2 already onboard in a next Simucube 1 build. For new filters, I do not have any news.

3 Likes

Does anybody have an answer for this? My wheel is showing a variable reading and the picture in the sofware shakes. is it broken?

slight vibration is totally normal as even one count in 16bit value range gives that 0.01 degree noise.

I suspect the shaking picture has something to do with SimuCUBE UI application, when I press the pedal, I’m also experiencing the shaking pics on SimuCUBE UI, however, the UI from other apps, like content manager, works perfect normal. Seems SimuCUBE UI takes a lot of time to process the input data.

Yes, its less optimized than the Simucube 2 software, but we intend to bring those improvements to Simucube 1 as well.

1 Like

would you say that we ll see something at 2020 , maybe q3 or q4 ?

Meant to return here to correct what I said about latency differences between 0.50.x and earlier builds over the summer. I was just sick that week, it was placebo, and nothing to do with one firmware version being more responsive than another. Apologies for posting bad information.

On another note, is there a quantifiable difference in latency between different filter settings, like a rough amount of extra processing time taken with each increase to the filter setting?