SimuCUBE Bumpstop setting issue

Hi guys,

I recently updated my SimuCUBE from MMos to the following:

SimuCUBE firmware version 0.9.8
IONI drive firmware version 10704

However, I keep running into an odd issue that happens a lot on Assetto Corsa. Keep in mind this did not occur on MMos.

When enabled, it works as intended (very good in fact), but randomly as I steer, I get a slight disconnecting feel. Almost like the motor shuts off for a VERY split second, but enough that it makes a hard bump feeling (you can hear/feel the motor, like hitting a curb). Even in game the steering wheel stops responding for that split second.

Any help would be great, I tried messing around with different percentages/degrees and matched a few popular Assetto Corsa SimuCUBE settings such as disabling filters etc.

Thanks!
Brandon

See…

Downgrade the IONI firmware to 1.7.2 (10702)

It might not be the exact issue but it could be…

Thank you for the link, I never saw this! I’ll try it out tonight.

Cheers!

With SimuCUBE, it is not recommended to update the IONI firmware manually, as compatible and tested version is always included with the SimuCUBE firmware and will be automatically updated if required.

the same thing happens with version 1.7.4 and now I do not know how to reload older version, it does not connect me to granity, it does not connect to port 3COM

You have clicked the “Enable IONI USB Configuration” -button in the SimuCUBE Configuration Tool?

YES

Try several times. It will be easier if you have both the USB’s connected.

Do I have to have both ports plugged in and two programs?

It also does not recognize the 3COM port, with DFUmode mode in manual from the board

ok ,
connect the two ports plugged in

MY VERSION WAS 1.7.4
SOLVED ,; PLUG IN THE TWO USB PORTS

1-OPEN GRANITY

2-OPEN SIMUCUBE

3- IN SIMUCUBE ON THE ADVANCE TAB (enable ioni) put in DISABLE and RETURN TO ENABLE.

4-GO TO GRABITY AND RETURN to give a COMMUNICATION interface device.

5- I ALREADY RECOGNIZED THE PORT

6- RETURN TO LOAD FIRWARE 1.7.2

!!! IT WORKS PERFECT THANKS FOR THE FORUM !!
4-IR A GRABITY Y VOLVER A darle a COMUNICATION interface device.

5- YA ME RECONOCIO EL PUERTO

6- VOLVER A CARGAR FIRWARE 1.7.2

!!!FUNCIONA PERFECTO GRACIAS POR EL FORO!!!

THANKS MIKA

1 Like

Hi Mika,

What IONI firmware is currently recommended for SimuCUBE configuration? Is 1.7.2 safe? Or should I go to an earlier version?

Thanks!

You should use the version that is listed on the firmware on the download page.

We are investigating the issue regarding 1.7.4.

Thanks!

It’s working fantastic now, huge improvement coming from MMos!