Simucube 2 ultimate

1 Like

2022.11 is the most stable firmware we have ever had. See the changelog on whats been fixed since 2021.9.

1 Like

I have an Ultimate, and I have been on 2022.11 since day of release and I think it’s the best one yet.

1 Like

Yes Mika it might be the most stable firmware, but, however, i now tried ALL firmware files down to 2020.10 , and i must say that i have the most natural and best feedback with 2020.10 , at least in iRacing. Not talking about stability of the software, just talking about how the SC Ultimate feels.

1 Like

yes, as a new user I tested some settings online but they are very granular, I haven’t played with the filters yet and I haven’t tried to come up with something I like, the FFB sensations vary from person to person

Increase the recon filter. I’ve noticed that increasing the recon filter can cause oscillation so increase ultra low latency if it does and/or add some friction

1 Like

You received your ultimate a day ago, or 2…3. TD releases, or better the quantity of posts about them is due more to a philosophical question than to any qualitative differences.
The TD story is something I would deal with after absolutely all other questions a new owner has, are answered. Tbh, I wouldn’t even then spend my time with it.
There are countless posts about it. Everything is archived, you can search for it using keywords like: True Drive, paddock, cloud profiles, offline mode, online mode, account, account needed.
I politely ask you to use the search function, because a revival of the endless story is something none is keen on.

yes, I already had to read something, it was just a small opinion of someone who is a new user of simucube, nothing more, I apologize for something

Word of advice, hide his posts

1 Like

Good old days when we could have some meaningful discussions here before the invasion of link.

I helped a friend set up his Fanatec base last week. The Fanalab software is … special?
So the discussions about the firmware cost me only a small smile and I move on :D.

TD comes with changes in firmware and changes in the user interface. The difference you might feel are based on changes in the firmware. It’s very possible that this is felt differently for a user of a Sport, Pro, or Ultimate.
In the last update, all direct input filters are set to 100 percent. Maybe you have a look at your presets: if they have damping and friction at 100 percent I would start to gradually turn them down.
PS: there are not a lot of Ultimate owners around. Tips on how your product reacts are therefore maybe not comparable 1 to 1 when they come Fe from a Sport user like me

I already have some simracing experience, but not with so many filters I’ve been through VRS and it’s much more plug and play and easy to configure, of course I don’t have to add all the filters obligatorily but yesterday I’ve been playing with them and I’m already getting to something I want

Unfortunately I can’t help you. There are settings for the Ultimate I don’t have in my UI, nor do I know what their impact is. Your ultimate is also a lot stronger than my Sport. That is why we can’t compare our experience

If you find the time to watch the tutorial videos made from Granite they will help you to sort out a lot of confusion you might have at the beginning.
They give you the confidence that you follow the principles the manufacturer of your Ultimate recommends, rather than a user opinion like mine. You can easily get wrong with what a user says, but I doubt you will suffer from recommendations from those developed the product.
I always say: if I want to know something about bread, I ask a baker man. Meat? I ask a butcher, and not the electrician

1 Like

It’s true, I’ve also been reading the online tutorial about the various definitions that each one made but I’m also going to watch these videos on YouTube

1 Like

These effects are very difficult to tune. As per DirectInput spec, if the saturation and coefficient of these is at maximum, the wheel would use all its power to produce the effects. That will work fine on belt driven wheels, geared wheels, and game pads, but not great for direct drive wheels.

If you have taken these to something less than 100%, it would be useful to know what is a well balanced setting that would work in many games as default. Me and the beta testers did some tuning and the testers did give comments, but additional tuning might be needed for future releases.

I also have Ultimate and I’m on 2020.10.
For me it is excellent for iRacing.

Honestly: I have them at 0. I have almost everything at 0, except reconstruction filters and static force reduction.
I love the wheel very alive, quick. With open wheelers I must react very fast, with very quick and precise steering. In rally I need to feel the back, that the wheel is spinning back instantly.
Friction is helpful to control this a bit. But the filters, both constant and direct input are too strong when they are above 10 percent.
But I’m going to try again.