Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

For DirectInput effects, we are thinking on what to do. For example, the recent discoveries about sawtooth effect are interesting. Sawtooth always goes in the positive direction, and offset parameter for it tells the starting level. But it appears that games are using the offset parameter to tell direction, which is directly wrong when looking at effect specifications as written by Microsoft. But, we shall fix that at some point.

Typically, the sawtooths and sine waves and whatever are just much much too strong on DD wheels with full torque, if the effects are implemented according to specifications. We might be implementing a simplified game effects slider that would set all effect strenghs with a single slider. Maybe the current 50% level will be new 100% on those.

5 Likes

As we are on bumpstops subject, can we also do something with bumpstop range.

• make it default to steering range every time steering range is changed, with ability to change afterwards
  • use the same type of edit control as for steering range, edit box with spinners instead of slider. Using different way of editing the same type of value (DOR) is odd, plus makes it harder to get values in sync, I still canā€™t get both of them to 1080, itā€™s either 1082 or 1078 for bumpstop range.

Thank you

1 Like

if you press enter in the dor space, the bumpstop range will match that number in automatic. it works that way since simucube1.

good idea!

I will check that minimal increment for the range is 1. If you click on the slider,you can use arrow left/right to fine tune.

1 Like

Didnā€™t for 1080, was always off. :man_shrugging:
@Mika, may be even better idea.
Just make it as an offset degree from steering range, negative or positive, default 0.

And arrows skip values too.

Hi, Could someone post a screenshot of the default iRacing True Drive values please as I have lost mine, thanks.

you can get them via the add button, it will create a new profile that does not overwrite your current profile.

1 Like

So when I start my sc2 and change the profile from iracing to something else I need to shut down base and start it again. I donā€™t know does anyone else has the same problem. This is not only with latest update

Why do you need to do that, whatā€™s the problem you encounter that forces you to do this?

Because there is no any reaction. So after i start my base,activate high torque and change profile base dies. No any reaction on wheel inputs. So I need to shut down and start it again

There might be something wrong with the profile then. Does it also happen if you make a new iracing profile, or is it one of the existing ones?

Existing one but i tried to switch on one of default profiles but same thing. After shutting down and starting agin goes back on my default profile and than i can switch some other and she will not die. So basically first time and need to shit it down

After enabling HT, did you release the e-stop?
Iā€™ve mention something similar before.

-Start base

• enable HT
  • release e-stop
  • change profile

I will try a restart to see if I can simulate your issue.

I think I tried that also. Didnā€™t bothered me until i was playing only iracing but now I started to play more games and itā€™s just frustrating

Interesting to read about issues with firmware here. Iā€™ve had issues with getting a good feel from the car (Lambo Evo in ACC) for a few weeks or so now and couldnā€™t really put my finger on what was going on, this is a car Iā€™ve driven since ACC was launched so have almost 500 hours between the Evo and non Evo versions.

Between practice on Sunday and the race on Monday I updated from 2020.3 to 2020.4 and the car came alive, I could feel everything properly again. I never changed any settings in true drive as didnā€™t think there would be any issues thereā€¦ Glad itā€™s sorted now, I basically lost the ability to drive there for a few weeks and didnā€™t really know why, was struggling for lap time like never before.

2 Likes

Hello all. I want to ask about one simucube 2 settings because its my first DD wheel.

Reconstruction Filter: When i started using Simucube2 last year i always heard that recomended settings for iracing where ā€œ5ā€ on this filter, but this month i started to tweak the settings to my personal preference as im more experienced to what i want to archieve. I like a lot on all my sims on ā€œ1ā€ Minimum. Does this affect negatively to Simucube2 motor? or can i use it with that value safely?

Thank you so much im glad iv sold my DD1 and got this incredible piece of hardware and join this very good and helpful comunity.

Sorry for my english as is not my native language. Thanks again

Victor, you can use it safely on setting one :wink:

Hi, happy new SC2 Pro owner here :grinning:

Two questions:
Is it save to power off the base/psu with a power strip and leave the switch always on at the base? I have all my rig hardware cabled to one power strip, which I turn on/off via remote.

Is it possible or planned to start True Drive with a profile parameter e.g
ā€œSimucube 2 True Drive.exeā€ -profile ā€œprofilenameā€

thanks

I have the same power solution as you, no problems there.

Concerning the profile; it will always start with the profile that you assign as the ā€˜defaultā€™ one. Use the button for that thatā€™s on the right of your profiles dropdown.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, regarding the profile, it would be a nice feature. Iā€™m using different batch files for all my games, to start multiple programs when launching a game (Simhub, CrewChief, Streamdeck, ContentManager etc.) with one click. That way I could also autoload the correct profile for the game.

1 Like