Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Yes, the True Drive UI has some lag - but it has always been there, and does not affect driving.

The button ordering was changed in this firmware version, so you will need to reassign some controls in games.

In addition, all the inputs in True Drive screen are not parsed at the same rate when the window is not active, to reduce the CPU consumption of the app.

Any way to disable telemetry collection dialog on startup, super annoying thing?

It should not pop up if you answer either yes or no. If you click the X to close it, then the answer might not be saved.

1 Like

Clicked No like 10 times already.

I clicked YES once :rofl:

2 Likes

OK, we will investigate this and fix for the next version.

I knew that is the only answer expected, why bother asking? :grinning:

It was actually a bug. I’ve just fixed it now.

2 Likes

I clicked yes the first time, never showed up again.

Just updated to 1.0.13 and no more mouse scroll to move bars, no checkbox anywhere…
Thanks… Now im unable to config some games without exit to Windows

There will be such checkbox in a future version.

Now running True Drive 1.0.10 with 1.0.13 firmware and mouse scroll is working, but dont know if this can cause troubles

No support for standby mode notification in the old version. Also no product support.

1 Like

Can we please remove necessity of using that horizontal scrollbar first before clicking Yes in High Torque Mode confirmation dialog.
Liability, safety, it’s all understood, but we all bought the device for High Torque, it is main intended operating mode after all, and all that baby proofing to exercise main function of the device is quite excessive and annoying.
Just leave the simple confirmation dialog with the disclaimer (no scrolling), if you absolutely have too.

2 Likes

High CPU usage due to Scan for wireless devices

Any way to disable this function permanently, every time True Drive is started, its process consumes about 7% of CPU time just sitting in background, pressing Stop Scan drops it to 0.0-0.1%.

1 Like

No way to disable it permanently. I was able to see about 0.3% difference when I have that on vs. when it is off, and the Wireless Wheel tab is not active. It is most likely due to the scan indicator animation in the UI. Fixing the UI is the correct thing to do here instead of making drastic functional changes to the device firmware.

i updated today from 1.0.12 to 13. When i try to add friction now the wheel spinn’s rly fast. Any harm going back to 12?

this should not happen, as there is really no difference in any filter settings or handling between these two versions. Can you describe the issue a bit more?

Sure. I can add that i was inn Iracing incar. And i added abut 3-4 friction. And the wheel spun the wrong way. around 360. I have never seen that on this base before. Thats why i tought it was the new software.

Car was not moving

Other then that it seem fine.