Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Updated yesterday to the latest version, no problems after the update during practice in iRacing.
(1.0.9 to 1.0.10)

Today I started iRacing and I had NO FFB after enabling HT, disabling HT gave me the standard FFB.
Same track and car, other settings are in the hands of the iRacing session.
Restarting the wheel (switch on the back) and restarting Truedrive software didn’t work.
I tried reseating the USB cable witch solved my issues. (perhaps a reboot would have done the same)

I have had also 1.0.9 and 1.010 version on iracing that i have no ffb on hight torque mode and disabbeling it wheel has more force than when it should. As on uppove mentioned but I read iracing forums that if you launch steam vr on when you are entering to the race ffb don’t work. So now I have launched steam vr before launching true drive and of course motor and then launch ir And ffb have been as it should. Though, this problem game after installing windows 1903 so,don’t know if it’s related that,but if you have steam vr and index,good to know and try. All usb power save are disabbeled.

This must be a specific to iracing issue.

I’ve only ever used 1.0.3 and 1.0.7

With both of those versions my experience is exactly as @Mika has described.

With high torque mode disabled there has always been a lot more friction/resistance when turning the wheel. It’s been like this for me since day one.

Once high torque mode is enabled there is much less resistance but it’s only that way whilst at a standstill. Once in game and moving the car away from rest, the ffb strength kicks in as expected.

Strange that some are saying it was the opposite of this up until v1.0.8 and upwards.

2 Likes

Hi Paul .exactly the same for me

1 Like

Surprisingly little feedback of the Simple Profile mode of the latest version. Anyone want to comment about it?

Its good, but I use 25Nm for Ferrari 488 GT3 in assetto corsa (Barry Rowland setup) when I went back to iracing simple mode even in a mx-5 it felt very light, had to bump up to 15Nm for the little MX-5.

So addictive

Simple modes are great for starting out.

Also the scroll wheel issue is annoying, you can change a slider without knowing it and ther is no undo or default rest button for the settings.
An undo button would be nice

2 Likes

I just tried it with Project Cars 2, for which I wasn’t able to find a good setting, playing around with a simple mode profile I improved a lot the ffb for this.

What kind of settings did you arrive at? I will add your setting for next release.

1 Like

Hi guys, anyone have some settings to share for the Pro Mazda car in iracing?

hi Mika, it’s worth saying that I am using custom ffb files though and not one of the default presets…would you include it anyway?

good morning, I have to say that I am new here and I do not have much idea of SC2, I have bought a Pro and I just installed it these days and I have two problems that I would like to help me solve them, the first is that when you turn on SC2 you have a strong vibration that disappears when you enable the High Torque Mode option in the True drivers, it is very uncomfortable because until I do not connect the vibration it seems that the cockpit will be disassembled, my cockpit is installed with a long direction columba and the funny thing is that If I unscrew the steering wheel of the column the vibration disappears, does anyone know why this could be? The other question I have is if you can tell me how the colors of the rear light are interpreted, in operation it flashes between blue and red, is this normal?

2 Likes

1 Like

red/blue flashing is normal, it indicates that high torque mode is on.

1 Like

thank you very much, I stay calm then

could someone help me with the vibration ?, thanks

Are you on the latest firmware? I used to get resonance on the older ones.

if it is the last one, it is installed from the beginning

There is a resonance condition that we are still figuring out (but will be solved when we get a wheel that has this issue, and its already coming to us). However, as you have very long extension shaft with unknown mechanical resonance, it might be difficult to find out what the resonance frequency is.

83/5000

And what could I do? The strange thing is that if I undock the ring, the vibration disappears.

What I am doing now so as not to have the problem is to turn on the SC2 with the emergency stop button and when I have the higth torque option enabled I reconnect it.