Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Hi Joe ,My PRO is ok with jungle power, got a high quality AVR and keeps the power regulated…And i rebuilt the house , but the weather here is always a worry as many storms here each year …What sc2 are you getting sport or pro . What ever you get i know you will love the feel of the SC2…Regards and take care Denis:wink:

Hi Denis,

Good to hear you could save to the house! That was a nasty typhoon/Hurricane!

I am getting a Pro. I think it will be the most widely purchased, should be the best to share settings.

Did you ever get internet good enough for iRacing? I doubt it since you are so deep in the jungle.

Great to hear from you,
Joe

Turned it on for the first time today (wow)

Had one initial issue in TD software,

It was kind of frozen after restarting after the firmware upgrade. The wheel was moving in the software, but e-stop status would not change

Restarting the software fixed it.

I had similar issue for few times, e stop status didn’t changed if it is pressed or released . As a result I have to restart the Simucube 2 hardware . Restart software didn’t help in my case

In TD 1.0.9 the bug with selecting profiles on the first attempt is still present. Very frequently, I would need to select a different profile and then select the profile that I want to load.

Thanks, good to know. Most likely need to be fixed after 1.0.10 release.

and this annoying 360degrees issue in 1.0.9 :pensive:

we haven’t done further work to fix that either. But its quite high on the list…

2 Likes

This is not just annoying but also a matter of security. When you change a little thing and don`t think about looking at the wheel center position it rips the wheel pretty hard out of your hands when you enter the car.

What is really annoying are those security beeps.

Agree, the snapping issue really hurt me once , can’t predict when will happen too

It is literally the next thing to focus on, however I’m swamped with other work at least until the end of next week.

I`m looking forwad to it :+1:

Any plans to suppress the beeps in the near future?

There is an idea - automatic torque off after x minutes of idle; get torque back by cycling e-stop. Any thoughts?

If it’s configurable, should be better than beeps.

Another option would be never wrong but i`d rather like it to do it completely without this security feature.

I do understand the intention about it but i live not in the usa, have no kids and i know what i am doing.

Efficient way going forward is to just develop one mode of operation, whether it be beeps, automatic safing, or automatic back to safe torque mode.

It is a heavy development and software testing burden to implement all kinds of modes and maintain (never break) them when you develop things. That has already happened with the centerpoint changing - most of the difficulty in that code is for supporting Simucube 1’s 3-4 different centering modes, and we might have to drop something from that too…

I understand that. In the End it is your decision what options will be offered.
I just can say what i want or what i would like the most.

Automatic torque off and cycling e-stop isn`t much better imho than the beeps which are quite effective in educate me pressing the e-stop when pausing anyways.

What i don´t understand is when i am not driving there is barely any torque at the wheel, just a bit heavier that indicates me the the e-stop isn´t pressed.

Why is that such a big problem?

Configurable delay sleep mode sounds the most logical, all other electronic equipment does that. My TV doesn’t beep if I forget to turn it off.

This is probably obvious, but I am missing it somehow. If I want to save a new profile, In the Management Tab I select “add” then “New Profile” and it is saved. So far so good, but I can’t seem to re-name the “New Profile”.

Just place the cursor in the name and you can edit.

1 Like