Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Its annoying for sure but I think is more significant to be able to change TD setting in all games.

Some games that I tried like F1 2019, Richard Burns Rally, ETS/ATS or Wreckfest, doesnt like to change Windows focus when clicking over TD or other aplication. This games tends to pause the gameplay and then is near impossible to resume the game, or the wheel lose forces.
With mouse scroll we can do changes and the games doesnt lose focus.

1.0.12 will require a click before changing profile settings with mouse wheel. But thanks for the info, we might implement a lock/unlock button.

2 Likes

Perfect solution! :ok_hand:

Hello guys !

Is it possible to have an explanation for these effects : Ultra low latency and Slew Rate limit ?
How it works ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Those are in the User Guide which is available on the simucu.be website.

Page 29

Thanks !

Sorry guys ! I’m an idiot…:confounded:
I deserve to die for this ! :dizzy_face:
Mika, so fast and Boska so precise…Like my SimuCube 2 ! :slight_smile:

EDIT: So after reading… For the Ultra low latency, I’m wondering why the value is set differently for Iracing and ACC (granite profil) ??

2 Likes

Iracing has 60 Hz FFB update rate, and quite interesting latency issues arise from that. More has to be done for iRacing to have the same effect in IRacing compared to other games.

okk !!

I thought that it was the role of the “SimuCube Force Reconstruction” to fix that…

Furthermore, I cannot understand why in ACC profil have the" Simucube Force Reconstruction Filter" set to 8 because ACC as 330 Hz FFB update rate now (and Iracing is set to 5 with a lower FFB update rate :confused:) ?

Also, There is a link between the the “SimuCube Force Reconstruction Filter” and the “Ultra low latency” ? …Separate things, they work together ?
Or this low latency is a consequence that needs to be fix separately even with Force Reconstruction Filter…?

I just try to understand how it works ?
And thanks so much for your help to do that !

User-preference wrt tactile feedback differ, there are no hard/fast rules. Set it to whatever you like. People are making this more difficult than needs be.

Cheers,
Beano

5 Likes

It fixes/smoothens the output signal and removes grainyness. But iRacing has other issues that the Ultra Low Latency Filter compensates on.

ACC has had some updates recently, and our software has not updated. Furthermore, the settings were from user-appraised settings from this forum.

Separate things.

Is anybody from iRacing aware that this low 60 Hz FFB is a problem? Maybe they should do something about it because more people are getting DD’s.

They are aware, and some things are being discussed. However they would need complete game engine rewrite to get much faster rate.

2 Likes

Thanks Mika !
Ok cool. It is almost perfectly clear. I understand. It seems very cool !

I have just a fews more questions to ask :

-“Slew Rate Limit” seems to solve a similar issue than the damping effect when I read the description (not exactly), Can you (please) explain a little more this effect and why everybody seems turning “off” this option (like “Static force Reduction” by the way). I have read the manual but I still doesn’t understand this effect…

• In “direct imput Effect Fine tuning” (game effect ?)
    Damping and Fiction are set with lower values, there is a reason for that ?
    In ACC for exemple, when the car is stopped, the torque on the wheel, the direction of the car is very light with the GD profil…So, I wondering why a lower values ?
    Maybe for some games it’s better to use damping/friction in “Other filter” (section) ?

-" Audible notification" and “Torque clipping notification” is off but still the “bip” sound…?

@phillip.vanrensburg,
I’m just curious. I disagree, it’s important first, to understand each settings to set properly this device.

its similar end effect, but where as damping is proportional to the acceleration of the change, slew rate is more of a constant limiting of torque change.

in DD wheels, these have to be quite low to be at sensible rates. Everything would feel just wrong (too much) at 100%, as DirectInput was originally implemented for <2 Nm wheels.

Not many serious simulators use those effects in any sensible way.

Yes, the idle beep can not be turned off as it is a safety notification. The Audible Noficifications mainly affect the wireless wheel beeps at the moment. Next True Drive version will have a change to the beeps.

1 Like

Watching this Video will help you a lot , it explains all the setting in detail. In the end every one will tweak them to feel good for themselves. I have my own settings which i feel comfortable with, the more you use it the easier it will become to tune.

Common mistake I found was starting with too much torque, I use about 11Nm now on the Ultimate in iracing. in TD and iracing I have it set to 32 and wheel force is at 93. which calculates to abotu 11Nm, its plenty and the hard hits are not harsh and bumps etc. are not jerky, also my slew rate is low and static reduction is at 5. I get a lot of details without the negative. I am coming for a G920 at 2-3Nm. I do run high friction at 20-22% and high inertia at 18%

2 Likes

I do not use it “Simple mode”, but it is a really good idea !

I’m really happy with my SC2 Pro. Very good product.

1 Like

Software version 1.0.13 out today - surprisingly little feedback yet.

1 Like

I was just testing, I didn’t check the update. have a race tonight so may update before that otherwise after for sure.