Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

not td related, @Mika never thought of setting up a discord server for the sc2 community? imo ot would be way easier for everyone to help others without the need of relying always on the forum

2 Likes

Will there every be a feature that autoloads profile based on car you are driving in iRacing? SRS offers this in their motion software and it is really nice not having to ever load diffrent profiles.

1 Like

Why is everyone so negative about changes they don’t like these days?
This constant discussion about Paddock is starting to get on my nerves that I don’t even want to participate in discussions here anymore.
Sure, it has a few more clicks now, but I still find it very user friendly.

I’m looking forward to the upcoming FFB features. @Mika :slight_smile:

5 Likes

People are rarely positive about changes they don’t like…

I think, just like in a relationship with a spouse, if a person doesn’t feel like they’ve been ‘heard’ then they tend to get more and more upset - it took me a solid 15 years of marriage to understand this, though my wife might say it was more like 25 years and I still don’t have it fully right.

I see a few people bring up the same things, and I think Mika feels they’ve been addressed, while the others feel it has not - so in this case, neither side is ‘hearing’ what the other side is saying.

4 Likes

Hi! To me it’s obvious that this discussion won’t have an end. Paddock is so easy to use. Open, if you don’t want to use your default profile take another one, activate, done. Wanna try an online profile? Give it a quick try. Wanna see if there is an update? Last page and click on update. There are my profiles and the online. So, as stated before, this is just philosophical “warfare” and always towards the past, what some try to achieve. While constantly updating everywhere and using online to come to this community they kind of undermine themselves. Get me flagged for this, I don’t care. On contrary, it would honour me. This is so tyring , even for me. Can’t imagine it is for Granite

2 Likes

That’s fine if it gets on your nerves. This thread was created for feedback, we provided feedback that was ignored and is not going to happen. It’s simple, if you don’t like it don’t read it. This is a feedback thread…

2 Likes

I think a lot of you are missing the point though. We were asked and we stated our reasons and why we want a classic mode. Nothing we said has happened and the decisions were made by the people at granite devices. And now you wonder why people get upset when we were asked and we stated our opinions but they were clearly ignored. Like I’ve said already, it’s very clear who granite devices are catering to

1 Like

I know this is a feedback thread and that it is entirely up to me whether I read it or not.
What I mean by that is that the same points are brought up over and over again, which is a little tiring. This shouldn’t be an attack on anyone here.

Can you please tell me what the big disadvantage from paddock offline mode over classic mode is?

1 Like

Its been thought about, but I mainly use Discord in private purposes in sim racing and other hobbies. I would have to have two Discord accounts, which would be difficult to work with. And managing that server would be someones task as well. We would have to rely on volunteers too much.

2 Likes

Correct, feedback… not I want this and that. This is a demand not a feedback. Some give “feedbacks” on stuff not used or one time and keep on talking about releases updated a few times. I wonder if people do the same with Microsoft, steam or similar.

Good to hear you still have a life besides answering the same over and over again.

I don’t recall anyone demanding anything. We provided our reasons and feedback as was asked

Is it still possible with the lastest firmware to keep the high torque mode activated all the time?

Yes, it is possible - just wait for the countdown when you have scrolled down the high torque dialog. Then you will be able to set high torque mode to be automatically enabled, and the standby mode will also be disabled.

Thx for the quick answer, thought that was removed in an earlier version. That’s why I didn’t update yet.

@Andrew_WOT @designamk1 I guess the question raised before by @Jakob.Braurat “Can you please tell me what the big disadvantage from paddock offline mode over classic mode is?” is fair enough since @Mika did listen and at least addressed some of the original issues (apologies, but I have not followed all the complains and rambling about the paddock …).

As I see it - status quo running Paddock 2021.9:

• no need to to use the online mode
  • offline mode can be set as default
  • creation of new profiles is possible in offline mode
  • import of exported classic profiles is possible in offline mode (as is import of classic profiles stored on the device). This can be done when editing a profile.
  • selecting an offline profile is a single click (and editing that profile again one click)
  • offline profiles do not require to select a game and put in descriptions which is what is required for the online mode
  • the profiles (including the ones created in offline mode) are stored locally on the PC

Whether or not a one time creation of an online account is required or not I do not know (@Mika?). Would the need to create an account but not being required to login to use the offline mode really be a reason not to use paddock?
–> registration is not required (see answer below)

So to me this clearly shows @Mika and team did listen and addressed at least many key points which had been raised against paddock initially.

So this comes back to the question:
What is the real killer argument still standing that you cannot accept paddock using it in a pure offline mode?

1 Like

No it is not. And Paddock profiles that Paddock users have shared, can be tried also in Offline mode, all without registering at all.

Next fw release is about to be ready, still pending an updated image of the Tahko wheel.

4 Likes

In fact, while waiting for that, I might have a look if I can add renaming of Offline profiles.

2 Likes