Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

That is a good idea, but not many people know how to use such equalizer properly. Then if we went with a full blown equalizer panel instead, then it would add a bit of processing delay and users would still be confused on what frequencies affect what aspects of FFB.

We are in the midst of improving documentation, though.

quick ot thing, the download link for sc2 manuals (on simucube website) takes to a “page not found” screen

Yeah, it seems that on some browsers, the google tracking stuff gets added to the URL and the wiki does not know how to serve that page. Known issue and being worked on.

1 Like

Improving documentation, I can help with that and much more!!! If you you want. I would even move to Tampere, that would be so cool! :sunglasses: I’ve been working practically with signals for over 20 years.

If that causes latency, the community can use this freeware instead. It’s actually intended for acoustic analysis of rooms, but I thought it could also be used for something completely different.
Its called Carma: https://en.audionet.de/apps/carma/

By the way folks out there, thinking of a device like this while setting up your Simucube2 rather than a Porsche or a Lamborgini is a lot more helpful.

I found this very amusing when I realized that the TrueDrive software was a “copy” of a thirty year old British icon.

Ok thanks.
that’s probably why…(not using a google account to start with).

No, I wasn’t trying to make a copy of an existing preset. I was just trying to edit the name of one of my profiles, that’s all. Then I changed my mind and wanted to keep the old name so I deleted the new letters I wrote, I hit OK, and the profile got deleted. Mika said he found the bug and will be fixed for next TD release.

Yes, I am starting to slowly use True Drive more and more instead of offline.

What do you mean you have to be online? You can still play all our racing games in and out of Steam offline (of course). I can also play EA games (Battlefield, etc.) offline as well. It would be crazy if we can’t access our FFB profiles when not online. True Drive cloud storage is nice because, as you said, it’s a nice way to back up our profiles online but True Drive should also give us the option to back up our profiles locally (on our own PCs) that way we can have access to our FFB profiles in case True Drive’s storage/servers go down, our own internet is down, etc.

Of course we can manually create offline/classic mode FFB profiles but there should be a 1-click option in True Drive to back up the profile so we don’t have to manually re-create each profile from scratch.

1 Like

What I meant is when you make a copy of a profile and tweak this one you won’t loose the original one.

Next firmware/True Drive release is ready for testing. Minor fixes here and there, results of the DirectInput effect adjustments are not included yet.

1 Like

Again, I am ready to test :slightly_smiling_face:

You have my email, sent to me :wink:

Simline stated he currently offers all of his SC2 wireless wheels with the option of analog clutches, as in I could order them right now. Does the current firmware fully support wireless analog clutches?

Hello Mika,
i’m ready to test the new beta.

Beta testing has ended but there was insufficient time to apply fixes to one or two findings before this holiday weekend. I’ll get on the release on Monday.

Current firmware has support for the wireless wheel module 2. But to my knowledge, there are production difficulties with the modules, due to the global component shortage and a quality issue with a supplier. I would say that the modules are not widely available for wheel builders yet.

TD 2022.6
" Installer will detect and ask to close running True Drive before attempting to update.
:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Simline responded and again assured me he has the new wireless module on hand and can make any wireless wheel with analog clutches currently. Im suprised there has been no mention on the forums as this is big news for for many of us who have been waiting for this feature.

2 Likes

hello there

just upgraded firmware from 2021.9 to 2022.7. Have (re) created my profils from my personnal .ini saved and on paddock to cloudsave them. I usually use offline mode, how can i do to have all my profiles in alphabetical order on offline mode ?

Profile ordering is not implemented in offline fallback mode. Paddock orders the profiles last used first basis.

1 Like

Ah ok , i understand.
Thanks for your response Mika. Have a great summer time.

I cannot seem to get these menus to load data, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and made sure Microsoft VC was current.