Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

Are you doing some backend stuff cause bitdefener warned me that it blocked the communication to AWS from paddock?

Any chance for 2021.9 hotfix for R3E bug.
2021.11 seems like a lot of Paddock only changes and loss of Classic which is not what everyone is looking forward to.

3 Likes

No backend changes were being done today.

Unfortunately it would take a bit too much work and would confuse users to release two different 2021.11 releases.

It may be possible that we will release a separate tool to download Classic profiles from a device that runs a classic firmware to be used to import them to Paddock,so that users would not need to get the 2021.9 release + firmware update in between migrating.

2 Likes

That would be really helpful for some of us. I was put off from doing the upgrade due to needing to carry out those extra steps.

4 Likes

Paddock or whatever SW without requirements for internet access and online account creation would be much better. If it works just as Classic only with different skin, who cares.

3 Likes

It is obvious that you still haven’t even tried the Paddock and the offline mode that is available in it. This is especially disappointing as we spent a few days of development work to implement it just as you specified.

1 Like

I love you guys, but If I’m being honest, Paddock kinda sucks right now. It’s not the worst, but it’s nowhere near where it could be.

If anything, I wonder which of the people at Granite are using it for anything beyond their one favorite title and profile? It’s a huge pain to make changes to settings, and I can’t imagine anyone who plays a lot of games and is constantly tweaking things thinking this is a step forward in its current form.

Right now as it stands, Paddock is a small step forward in sharing, a small step backwards in convenience and configurability.

Also, I still don’t understand storing FFB strength as a percent instead of the NM value. It makes profile sharing between users of different wheelbases harder and diminishes the value of the very thing you are trying to bring to market.

You’ll get there eventually. I hope.

@Andrew_WOT - If you haven’t already tried paddock, could you please try it out? Our feedback as a community gets watered down if we’re not all on the same page.

1 Like

The only thing I have seen from GD is that offline mode is not meant as fully fuctional counterpart of online, only limited backup, and still requires initial account creation and online connection to seed profiles.
It is nice if it as you say changed, some video or step by step instruction on how to setup and operate Paddock in full offline mode could have convinced myself and others to try it out.
Thanks

Thanks Jack, I think we are on the same page regarding Paddock, the sole reason I was asking to patch R3E bug for Classiic version.
After all uncontrollably spinning wheel is a serious safety issue.

The main function is a backup for situations for when internet is not available.

Also, offline might be lacking some small features and convenience things that Paddock has, but there are workarounds.

It has not been required since 2021.7 release. You can even set the offline mode to open as default mode.

Its not on a high priority, but instructional videos are on todo list. However, last time I offered to show you how the Paddock works (in private), you weren’t interested at all, and continued to protest on the forum.

1 Like

How so? If user has a Paddock profile active, then he can move mouse to hover on the profile tile and click the wrench button to launch the dialog that has FFB settings, where settings can be edited straight away. This is only one click more than it was in Classic, and while that is of course 100% more than it was in Classic, we have usage data to say that this change does not affect the large majority in any way.

2 Likes

Sorry if ive missed something …can anybody please explain the Paddock thing to me or show me what file to download to upgrade …am getting the deletion msg now so dont wanna get caught out

Hey Robert, sure thing -

On simucube.com under the support menu is a downloads link, on that page is a button that takes you to a page that lists all drivers, past and present.

Simucube 2 True Drive releases - Granite Devices Knowledge Wiki

On that page, grab the latest Truedrive software, it works on all variations of Simucube 2 for all customers.

If it’s been a while since you installed truedrive, what you’ll do is download a zip file and unzip it to the location of your choosing.
Then you’ll want to just double click on the truedrive paddock icon.

Don’t forget that if you had done this previously, you might still have a shortcut to the old version of paddock, so delete that old one, and create a new one if needed.

All we want is a dedicated classic mode. We’ve asked many times and it seems that’s never going to happen. I am using 2021.7 and don’t see the need to update. I will not use paddock as the extra inconvenience and confusing interface does not interest me.

Honestly, just put a classic skin on top of your silly paddock sharing nonsense if you’re not interested in giving us what we want and then maybe we’ll actually use it

2 Likes

You can help us all if you tell us what exactly is confusing about its user interface.

1 Like

Great response. For whatever reason you keep ignoring the import things like a DEDICATED CLASSIC MODE which like I’ve said doesn’t seem thats going to happen so there’s no point in telling you what we want when you ignore it.

We know which users are more valuable to you as it’s easy to see by your responses

1 Like

The reason is plain and simple - we will maintain only one user interface (Paddock) and the backup mode for that (offline mode) which was implemented almost exactly like the people on this forum requested. We would like to start actually improving FFB soon instead of making the appearance of offline mode looking exactly like Classic used to look.

I guess we can’t ever improve or change anything in the software if every change we make brings always the same comments on this forum.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea and I’d much rather GD focused efforts in that direction, although I’m guessing we’d have to be using Paddock in order to receive any future improvements?

2 Likes

Hey, Not sure why but sometimes when opening truedrive Paddock, the software will just not recognize my wheel / base & seem frozen / buggy. with not being able to click into anything other than the sidebar. Text will appear very weird too. really not sure what to do and this keeps happening.

Here you can see in the analog input with the weird text.