Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

As I see it the offline mode is on feature parity with the classic mode.

I have to update to another newer version first before this update right?

It depends if you have backed up your existing profiles you want to keep. But you can update directly to the newest from whatever version.

Steam don’t let me use its markeplace without 2 step verification, which is not possible without being online
In order to use a game its necessary to be connected to online servers
Epic (WRC9) doesn’t work without being online
Daily/weekly challenges and races require to be online
From the sheer number of profiles for Iracing (in TD) I can assume that Iracing is very popular. AFAIK it needs online too
If you have a bad or very unstable internet access you can’t drive anyway. Your lap time can’t be uploaded and to connect to a server will be "difficult " too.
No-one really ever complaint about an online issue what so ever in this discussion until recently. To me it looks, tbh, like a total pseudo argument

1 Like

Online has been discussed back in the beginning of the idea of paddock and thruout.

4 Likes

Sorry, but you are way too new here.
There is a huge history going back more than a year ago when this was in very early stages of development.

Enjoy the reading.

3 Likes

Well i updated. It works but its not very intuitive. Took me a few minutes to figure out to click on the profile in classic to actually get to old screen. Why hide that?

1 Like

@Mika Just wanted to mention that the latest version seems to have fixed the problem that the wheelbase sometimes was not correctly initialized. No need to switch off and on again so far. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry Nrde I have no misunderstanding as to what has been said.

I have not been on these forums for years trying to cause problems. I have been here helping other fellow DD Wheel users.

If you would like to discuss things in private that is fine with me.

1 Like

When you figure out how to use things completely offline could you write up a guide how to do it?

I know Dennis/ Bluey could really use that info. And I would like to be able to share it with others.

If it is truly fully functional I will buy an SC2 Pro again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True Drive launches and it opens the Paddock (and you would have to register to use it to full extent).

However there is clearly visible button to switch to offline mode:

which will show you the fully offline mode

with a button to go to Paddock again. You can even try out publicly shared profiles from Paddock without logging/registering in at all, and they get added to the list in offline mode.

And then there is a checkbox to load the Offline mode by default:

This setting is saved to Windows registry.

You mean that you were in Offline mode but hadn’t yet selected any offline profile from the list, so the edit / rename etc. buttons did not work? I’ve added a click to activate -label to the heading now. But its not like its hidden as such. Rmember that in the old Classic profiles you also had to manually click two times to select a profile from a dropdown menu…

the changes made on the “edit ffb” tab - the one showing the “classic” layout - are applied immediately or after the click of the ok button? given that the editing tab fully covers the background, I don’t understand if the settings of the paddock profile are changing or not.

They are applied immediately (and editing is done in the desktop software). Once you click OK, the updated settings are sent to the Paddock profile.

1 Like

Right ok, after all this time avoiding the paddock like the plague, i decided last night to see what it is all about. So it took me 5 mins to understand what i need to do with the importing of setups (it would be quicker if the import from device was actually working) but other than that i realized with a quick view on it that all is fine and not so much different than the classic. Haven’t as well noticed any issues with the FW but to be honest didn’t spend too much time testing. I guess all this time Mika and the team really worked to satisfy our requests.
As i have previously said so many times already, do i really care on the online sharing hype? No, absolutely not. I am only interested in the improvement of FFB through better/more/new filters or whatever else GD are planning to do which i believe is long due. Perhaps GD after completing all this paddock thing (it took 1 year i think) can focus on the actual FFB as well, which for some people at least is the most important aspect.
So all in all, paddock at its current state seems to be quite ok and i believe more people will realize this once they try it.

PS, actually one more thing i liked and it is a huge improvement over classic is the profiles management. Especially for people having lots of profiles for a sim, this is a game changer.

3 Likes

No i had AMS2 selected as the profile but you have to actually click on that profile name to actually get to real classic screen. Then yes it looks just like what we have been using. Someone REALLY needs to make a video or manual for this. Once you figure out how to do stuff it isnt bad but nothing is straight forward compared to what we have been using for years. I think doing this alone would really help change the minds of some of the guys that have been around for a long time.

If you can make a profile in offline then yes everything is there like we had. But Mika or someone that knows how is going to have to explain that one.

Selected (from the list of offline and cached profiles) or activated (the one shown on top as activated)?
Selecting it (clicking it) enables the edit, rename, delete boxes.

There is a as you can see from the screenshots Mika had posted a “add new offline profile” field as well. Being on a different PC right now I do not know whether or not a profile has to be selected also in order to be able to add a profile. If so I would suggest that that check box does not require a profile to be selected (@Mika) .

New, old, whatever. Facts are facts and they won’t go away by self humbling and providing the assumption, being around a certain period of time automatically would produce more knowledge, superior knowledge Aso. The backup of the “unstable internet connection” is proofing the absolute contrary. The fact in believing someone could actually take this fairytale for serious is a clear sign of a very wide spread human behaviour: the long lasted illusion to be part of an elite turns into the delusional reality to be a customer like everyone else . Granite ain’t the moon shining only because of the light of THE sun. In fact, the moon has to accept he ain’t even a moon… just another of those uncountable particles

Setup Market was hacked some years ago and remains dead ever since. In order to have access one had to be online for uploading and downloading.