Simucube 2 True Drive development roadmap

It’s an awful design, tail wagging dog.

I have to agree with Andrew on this one. There are a few sims like DR2 that you need to use DI setting or the wheel turns left all the time. Why not just state to set them to 100 in the user manual and only adjust them as a last step as the default setting should be 100. If the software is up to date with game releases(like nvidia drivers) im ok with taking it out if I have to wait months after release of a new one id rather just leave it the way it is now. Im not ok with what someone else thinks is an optimized driving feel. That just leaves way too much to opinion.

4 Likes

I have to say, there is a certain amount of preference in these settings. I have tried some that have been posted here and elsewhere and thought, geez, this guy thinks this feels right? To each his own is the point. I wouldn’t slam a Honda Accord and drive around scraping my tailpipe to the grocery, but there are guys who love that crap. Put me down as a vote for a simple mode that detects the game and offers the consensus “best” settings for it with simple tweaking available.

–Removing “torque bandwidth limit” to set it permanently on “unlimited”, I agree totally. I keep this thing set to 2200Hz anyway.
–“Ultra low latency”, not a bad idea (the check box) because it’s a little ticky to find the good value.

–But my concern is about automatic stuffs, and remonving things…
For examples in the GD profil of ACC, we have still “8” on Reco and it make no sense at all (too much). And, I know Reco, it’s not concern and I hope it will never be the case, but just to said that you will have to be updated and right (iRacing have 16 instead of 15 for the “Ultra Low latency mode”).

–Direct Imput, I dont’ know…
Ok, I didn’t touch this (I keep GD profil values), but maybe keep this things somewhere (hidden)
I didn’t try Raceroom with my SC 2 Pro.

As long as the “best” settings are not from that guy.
But who would be a judge, plus people like freedom of choice, try to enforce something and you will face the resistance just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Yes. This settings somehow, it’s a part of the all experience, like setup for the car etc… Sim racing is from nature exigent.
The apple arguments is not completely correct because of that. The context is not exaclty the same.

Like I already said on " True Drive filters, what they do and how they interact" : for some people, this settings is also a part of the pleasure of buying.

And there is already the “Simple mode” but for some people, is too difficult to just ignore the adavanced tab… :yawning_face:

EDIT: But what I see here (this roadmap), it’s ok for me ! And It’s understandable (it’s almost the limit for me).

I’d be fine with all these cuts

Maybe you do these tests with iracing, where there are no ffb micro details anyway. Put it on rFactor2 at 2200hz and then unlimited, you will feel the difference very well.
This bandwidth defines how the reconstruction filter works and not what bandwidth the ffb signal has, right? So if it’s set too low, randomly it’ll lost some information from the ffb signal. That’s why some of us feel the difference. So go for unlimited :+1:

That is exactly what makes you superior to the competition. Why do you want to remove that? It is as useful as it is.

ok, do that !!!

I never had issues with that, but if necessary, do it!

OMG, Are you serious? These are by far the most important settings in games that support this. e.g. Raceroom and Dirt Rally 2.0
Simply set a smaller and safer range 0-100% instead of 0-200%, or if you really want to do this automatic based to the game, then do it really for every game and leave a checkbox to disable undesired filters.

Thank you for your work and the great performance

best regards

1 Like

move DirectInput fine tuning sliders.
Rationale: people do not read manual and set these at random values when they do not have any effect. With automatic game detection, we can set some sliders to their correct/sensible values based on game’s own expectations and optimized driving feel.

No, no
My settings for raceroom for example

Please don’t touch it never. If kids can’t use it and set, it doesn’t means it hard. I’m a professional driver and i want to set feedback as much as i want. As i see on ACC thread, no one say me thanks for my profile settings, that means most drivers is just a noobs or dilettants. Please don’t broke possibility to tune your wheel.

I don’t understand why you want to do this? Just leave all this and upload default settings for every sim for this dilettants. Leave all their problems with their minds to his own.

that made me laugh more than needed

3 Likes

Off topic but with all due respect, your ACC settings didn’t make a lot of sense and I suspect many users wouldn’t have liked them very much rather than them being unappreciative or ‘noobs’, as you call them.

For example, you’ve adjusted direct input sliders that aren’t being used by ACC at all. This is the type of thing that Mika is talking about when thinking about hiding some settings from the user.

4 Likes

I’m not interested how it works, i just made the best right feeling the car without lost of time during hard situations when car is slide and in the same time got the same strength of wheel using all parameters in True drive. I know that i don’t know some parameters, but with all this settings all is works PERFECT and at the same time controllable than default garbage. That’s my last message, i don’t want to write here anymore, leave all your problems with your minds to your own

This is why you’ll get some kick back from fellow users.

I consider myself a total noob compared to 99% of the members here and would never consider insulting them because they didn’t thank me for any profile settings I’ve posted.

If your settings work for you then that’s great and I’ll say no more about it as this is straying away from the main topic of the thread :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Tell me if i’m wrong, but so far as i know there is no reason to set direct input settings to 0% while these are not considered by the game.

I’d say you are correct and it wouldn’t matter where a slider is set if no effect is being outputted by the game.

That is correct. Set them to 100 and forget them for the most part. There are a few exceptions like DR2 that is screwed up and you have to turn off friction and dampening or the wheel pulls in one direction all the time.

#1 - I have been able to feel a difference between 1000Hz and Unlimited… Granted there is probably not much difference between 2200Hz and Unlimited but I haven’t tested that… Granted this was with the SC1 but I know your plan is to merge the two Software packages and doing this could adversely affect the feeling that people are currently getting through their wheels.

#2 - Where are you starting the Bumpstop Ramp… If you do this you may want to have another checkbox for the Ramp being inside or outside of the wheel degrees set… The reason is that set inside you are actually not getting the full degree setting unrestricted… I don’t disagree with soft medium and hard but leaving it as a strength % works as well and just that one setting would not be confusing. Technically the Bumpstop Ramp should always be OUTSIDE maximum rotation starting at the end rotation.

#3 - Haven’t messed with it so I do not know.

#4 - Other Manufacturers do this sort of thing so that is good, and it is good if you adjust the bumpstop ramp in this way… but I suspect 99% of the time it will be needed to be ramped at the end rotation.

#5 - Problem in a way is that with this even though people don’t read manuals you are dictating what a person should feel… Your assumptions for them may be completely WRONG… This was one of the beauties and huge selling points of the SimuCUBE platform from the beginning so you are treading in an area where you are going to compromise what the SimuCUBE DNA is/was… Now if you retain all of these setting in an Advanced Set-up mode then no harm no foul… But to remove them is playing with fire SPECIFICALLY with those that have gotten used to having the features and use them… New owners Might not know any different until they read the comments that will be along the lines of — well If they didn’t change this you could have done this…

Of course as a company you guys are entitled to do what you want… but it seems as though Dumbing down the interface is more of a marketing move than something actually good for the Consumer as Tool Tips and things like that that are standard informational tactics can get around the “Not Reading the Manual” and I am sure that all of these Adjustments will most likely still be on the Ultimate which of course means those that want all the adjustments will have to buy the Ultimate as if that is to be the Professional level unit you aren’t going to dumb that one down…

3 Likes

RE: 10 support requests a day asking for settings explanation…

Read the forums elsewhere and you will find that this is the same for Fanatec, Sim-li.city and all the others as well it is just a normal thing… and note People are still buying the Accuforce even though SimCommander is a PITA to set-up and well known to be that (it has to be one of the worst in that respect and documentation)… The Key is NOT to remove usable items but to find proper ways to educate the User Base…

2 Likes

Just a comment on this… It used to be King of the Hill then the SimuCUBE came along allowing people to find their settings… and Bodnar since has done some updates with additional more complex settings to get to SimuCUBE level… and Now SimuCUBE is thinking about going in the reverse direction and of course opening themselves up to be bettered at the game that they reinvented…