Simucube 2 + PS5 Gran Turismo

Hello Guys! Have you planned to officially add your device to new PS5 platform? Gran Turismo is a powerful machine that grows and grows. We have the best racing game graphics in the world on PS4 now instead of all PC Sims and games, so i’m scary to imagine what graphics they made for Gran Turismo on PS5. So, i hope you worked in this direction?

1 Like

Licensing for Sony is not straightforward, and there are third-party solutions existing for PS4. Lets see what PS5 will bring.

2 Likes

Yes, of course, i know about PS4 solutions…

Might be a pretty game but it’s just a simcade sadly and will never compete with PC sims. I’m sure running certain DD on playstation is a no go due to software and things like pedals and shifters need a seperate usb unless you use summit like fanatec.

Yes, with excellent graphics no one still don’t made instead of Gran Turismo, that’s why it’s a big pleasure to drive and relax on nordschleife :slight_smile:

Or you could drive an accurate version of the Nordschleiffe on iRacing :smiley:

1 Like

This is two different worlds

you can use SC2 or sc1 or accuforce with ps4 right now.
search on internet how to do. some limitations still but is comparable to dedicated solutions.

Or rFactor2 2018 version even better :wink:

1 Like

Yes, you are right, rFactor 2 is amazing. But, i think, PS5 bet all sims in graphics :smiley:

The Device is already setup and work perfectly with PS4 GT Sport. Thank you Guys. FFB Setup was custom prepared in True drive, spend some time and it work great :slight_smile:

Here is my video of real GT Sport how it’s looked in real, not like kids playing on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XkKEFOhj_Q

2 Likes

Hi all,
Any update regarding the SC2 on PS5? My main SIM still iRacing, but play Gand Turismo 7 on PS5 will for sure be fun, specially if we can use the SC2.

1 Like

Hey guys, any update on that? Is there any chance to get SC2 working in the PS5?

Hi Mate, is it necessary to use any kind of third party device to make SC2 works on PS5?

Simucube 2 products do not have a Sony license, and thus they will not work on PS consoles without third party devices.

Last time we heard rumours, the PS hardware license cost is something like 500 000 USD per region.

1 Like

If PS5 compatibility would add 50 $/EUR to the total cost I would take it. Question is if you can sell 10.000 wheels to the playstation userbase. Paying 500k up front would be another issue though. It would make sense if they have a fixed price per 1000 sales (50k) and incremental up to a max of 500k.

Looks like new Chinese servo bases are including a “Drivehub” clone inside.
So you can Connect most of the common 3th party peripheals to base and then It Will be recognised like a G29 on consoles

Hi Mika,
Here’s the thing. Its great to have the best equipment for ACC or the more realistic sims, BUT why not have support with consoles? When games look good, and more important are are fun to play - then compatibility becomes an issue.

Lets put it this way, IF you had support for PS5 or were committed to getting support I’d order one tomorrow. Whereas at the moment I’m waiting for Fanatec to have stock, simply because I can play so many more games - and why not - the whole setup is costing a fortune! Pity as I’d prefer a Simucube.

Any updates would be most appreciated - my fingers are crossed.

Console support is a rather large financial and development investment. Here is some points that we know (sketchy second hand information, though):
PS:

• 500k€ license per region
  • hardware has to have the PS buttons

Xbox:

• license cost unknown, but larger than one region of PS
  • game controllers need to have a hardware crypto chip and the Xbox buttons
  • Xbox buttons must have the function to completely turn off and back on the whole console too

And, with both having to have all the peripherals visible via one USB game controller interface, so most of pedals wouldn’t work either.

2 Likes

It would be much easier if the games were released on pc, we can always dream. :grin: :innocent: