Simucube 2 + PS5 Gran Turismo

Sim racing is becoming more and more popular and maybe one of the console manufacturers will change the game.

Based on the current situation, I would rather trust Microsoft to possibly do something here.

Sony is and has always been very conservative and always against an opening of its ecosystem.

1 Like

The problem is mainly PS/Sony. MS releases most of the console games also on Windows. Of course it doesnā€™t help people who have only xbox and no proper (gaming) PC.

1 Like

Even on PC MS Forza (Horizon or Motorsport) do not support Simucube out of the box, donā€™t have issues with any Fanatec DD or Accuforce though.

2 Likes

That is another issue, and not a HW requirement/licensing one as with PS and xbox. Itā€™s just developer incompetence or decision made not to support nothing but certain wheels.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just switched from fanatec, I agree itā€™s fun to play games like snowrunner, forza ect but the negatives outweigh the positives.
The software isnā€™t up to scratch, many issues have not been fixed for years and when they do fix something another thing breaks, the support is more focussed on upselling (plastic qr to a metal qr) rather than fixing the actual issues.
I could go on and on but just checkout their reddit page.

I prefer to support a company who responds to customers rather than sending generic support emails in a weeks time, gives straight up answers (this threads a good example) and have a clear direction (providing the best quality sim gear) rather than plastering their name everywhere and making customers beta testers (csl dd has so many issues).

Iā€™m not trying to bag fanatec but just giving you my experience, my only regret was not buying Simucube sooner. Good luck mate

6 Likes

Hello.
Exactly 01 and a half years ago I migrated from a fanatec DD2 to a Simucube Ultimate and I thank God every day for making this choice. Always happy with my Simucube.

1 Like

We believe Microsoft says which controllers to implement support for - and those are the ones with official Microsoft partnerships.