Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

yea there is a difference, mounting bracket doesn’t come from Simucube, but the suppliers include it in their packages in many cases.

1 Like

Raceroom or the Software have problems.
If you hit a Wall or so than you have permanet Torque from the Wall hiting.
If you going back in the Menu you have the Last Curve torque or Motor vibrations.

The Sc2 make not a reset in the Menu.

This is the same issue as with Simucube 1 with Raceroom. Jolt magnitude must be set to 0 in the controller settings.

We are in contact with Raceroom developers to have proper profiles included.

1 Like

thanks martin works well but oscillation went away when i set iracing damper from 5% to 0

I’m in Minnesota and ordered from SimRacingBay. Would definitely order from them again. They shipped on Tuesday and I had it in-hand by Thursday. The mount is very nice. I have it setup on two aluminum parallel aluminum extrusions on my rig. Works great.

Yes Tomo at Simracingbay is top shelf!
I am proud to call him my friend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 thanks tomo from simracingbay.com

1 Like

New issue: The wheel is completely dead and appears to have taken a USB hub with it. Will be opening a ticket.

Edit: Support is actively engaged and sorting it out. The rapid response was highly appreciated.

1 Like

Have you tried the wheel into a USB port thats on your motherboard in stead of a hub?
Its advised not to use a hub.

Nothing happens when the power button is flipped. It isn’t simply not recognized. It’s not powering on at all at this point.

This is highly unlikely, as the USB port on the Simucube 2 is isolated…

It’s a hell of a coincidence. I have a second identical USB hub. Both have been in service for a year. One of them is now dead. The one the simucube was plugged into. I used the power and usb cable from the second hub to confirm the hub itself has been fried.

I should also mention I felt a shock through the mount when I went to double check and see if there was something obvious I missed. It’s shorting.

I received my pro yesterday … but no extensions for powerbrick : / …im gonna ask the reseller about this !!!

What extensions are you guys on about? There are the AC side std power cables, then 2x DC side power cables from psu’s to SC2.

There are no additional extension cables, is thus what you are referring to?

If you scroll up a little to my last post in this thread you’ll see I asked about this due to something that was posted in a now closed thread.

There was some confusion but Mika cleared that up by listing the exact contents that we will receive in our packages.

I saw the earlier comment, but there are just the standard cables included- this is for EMI and CE certification purposes, I would suspect…

It would be interesting to know if we might have the future possibility of extending those power cables that go into the rear of the servo.

I think it would be difficult to provide warranty cover if people started using their own DIY extensions so maybe official extensions, sourced and provided for sale by GD might be a future consideration if they didn’t negatively impact the certification results.

1 Like

Why would you need extensions on those specific cables when you just as well can use an ordinary power extension cable to plug the sc2 plugs into?

While I’m on the subject of cables, would anyone be able to tell me the length of the supplied usb cable, please?

The way I have things setup means my PC is a little far away from my rig and I will need at least a 3 meter cable.

I noticed the supplied cable has a ferrite built in so I plan to buy a longer version of equal quality if needed.

The length of the USB cable that is included in the box is 1,8m.