Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

So I see I am not the only one with QR issues… and I did order 2 of them :roll_eyes:

What is meant with “we are improving the sqr for the next run”? Can we fully expect you to ship these improved QR to anyone having the issue? @Mika

Really disappointed about the betatesters :worried:

1 Like

So please then next time sent me one of your wheels so I can test it :wink:

Nope Beano I rather suggest GD sending me new stuff to test :wink:

Not the individual testers are in doubt but GDs choice or number of testers. These are the most premium wheels and no one had one to test?

Touché.

No comeback on that one.

1 Like

To lighten things up. While I am not driving the SC2 yet due to these issues, my mate is. He had a SC1 with Mige so far and is hammering my whatsapp. He is totally blown away. Says SC1 vs. SC2pro is like the step from Fanatec csw V2 to SC1 :joy:

4 Likes

I feel bad for everybody who is struggling with their new SC2s.

I noticed the compatibility issue with the SQR six weeks ago and I ordered an adapter from eBay to circumvent it.

@mclaren777 What did you buy? Do you have a link.

I have ordered mine only a week ago and looks like it will be in the July production. Until then my rig is less a steering wheel.

I’ve been on my SC2 Pro all night. It is simply stunning! Well done GD.

1 Like

This is easily the most elegant solution, but it wasn’t available until recently…

So I bought this instead…

2 Likes

I received mine today. I am a NEWB at SIM racing with wheels but I have plenty of man hours on automobiles. Took me about 10 minutes of WTFing myself, figuring this company did such an amazing job at everything else, how could an adapter be an issue? Zero issues, works like a charm and is rock solid. Its a gorgeous piece of machinery thats for sure. Reminds me of a Whipple or Kenne Bell Blower lol. Anyways…

Here is what I came up with what came out of my PRO box. Hope this helps.
20190531_214629 by SmooveFRC, on Flickr
20190531_214618 by SmooveFRC, on Flickr
20190531_204202 by SmooveFRC, on Flickr

1 Like

Side note, I did also pre purchase the NRG adapter part number SRK-4SPBK does NOT seem to fit.

1 Like

Nicely done. Yes, it is actually pretty easy to do a very simple solution, your method is how I have tested on one wheel, the post above you with the extender us how I have done it on another.

Something small that is blown out if all proportion, I guess.

4 Likes

FWIW my current “solution” was to use both the adapter plates together. I happened to have some bolts that were exactly the adapter thickness too long. I still think this is a miss for turnkey solution but I’m up and running at least.

SQR qualms aside… this is a major, MAJOR improvement over my accuforce so far. Taht’s without diving into FFB settings and filters and so forth. Very pleased with the overall product with SQR design set aside.

1 Like

I also got my Pro yesterday (Thanks, Tomo!) and installation worked well - I am using an Audi steering column between motor and wheel and adaption was no problem at all.

Overall impression is just great, build quality, software installation, firmware upgrade - spot on!

First laps in rf2 (based on Beanos basic setup) also worked well but:

In Assetto Corsa I was completely lost. So if anybody got this going already I would be more than happy for recommendations!

1 Like

Hi all!

Trimming the screws, shimming them or finding the exact size screw size will be necessary with this QR design.
Since each and every installation is different, i do advise to take a look at the pictures and prepare with tools or a short run to the hardware shop for new screws.
There will be unexpected challenges fitting certain rims, but nothing that can not be done with a spacer, or screws.

Martin Ascher’s F28-SC with his own adapter is a perfect fit, but everything else may
need just a bit of attention.

1 Like

New adapter on simtechracing site now
https://www.simtechracing.co.uk/web-shop/wireless-wheels/?Page_ID=3610&refpid=83177&id=787167

1 Like

Then after a few days (even if I didn’t have much time to work on it) with my Simu2 Pro I can say that I am very satisfied with the construction quality of the product and I would like to thank all the guys at GD for the support, Tomo for the management of the purchase practice and availability to answer my questions. I also had problems with the adapter but I solved it by going to the hardware store for € 0.5 and I don’t worry about it. I am setting up the workstation to adapt it to the new DD and I have tried only a few Iracing minutes so I cannot, for now, give judgments on the Software.
Thanks and keep it up

2 Likes

Is anyone collecting there SC2 from Jed today ? He emailed me yesterday about it but I haven’t heard from him since.

I went and got mine jed did say if anyone wants to collect they can do or have it shipped just doing my review for my site and group who are early awaiting my first thoughts on unboxing :blush:

5 Likes

What is your site? Which one do you have Sport or Pro?