Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

I should have the Ultimate before end of next week. Exciting times

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the suggested way of mounting the (normal) E-Stop to an 8020 rig? Do I just drill a hole into the enclosure?

Not needed, the back/black enclosure has kind of predrilled holes, punch it with a screwdriver to open it

If you havenā€™t already, see my post a little further up the page which shows how I mounted my switch using 2x M6 bolts and roll in t-nuts.

I see. Did you just unscrew it in the front, bolt the back to the profile and screw the front on it again?

Yes, thatā€™s correct.

I opened it up, drilled 2x 6mm holes through the back of the case and used button head bolts so that they would not interfere with the internal parts.

1 Like

Hey, is there any given torgue to put screws wheel side 30mm spacer? And sqr adapter?

Alright, sweet. I know what Iā€™ll do tonight.

You got some pretty sweet cable management as well. One day Iā€™ll clean mine up as well.

1 Like

As the same as Paul has done , but being a Virgo needed the stop wording right way up ā€¦
Just turn yellow lid around when you mount :grinning:

4 Likes

I mounted mine on RSeat RS1Ā“s phone holder. In VR so canĀ“t see sh!t anyway LOL

7 Likes

SC2 Sport - Augury mounting bracket chrused between 2 aluminium profiles. can be tilted at will - being able to achieve a realistic position on ETS-ATS and formulas too

Google Photos

Google Photos

My solution for E-Stop is a mixture of @EsxPaul & @Andy solutions, but with a white touch (tipp-ex) Reachable by foot to press, by hand to turn on

Google Photos

2 Likes

How is the rig getting the power of your wheel base?
I have the same rig as you. but Iā€™m afraid that you be to shake whit the dd power

1 Like

No problems at all actually, just the mouse that can fall down due to the vibrations . Rseat says it supports DD2 soā€¦ but i would not recommend rseat rs1 anyway but I have had it for many years now. I have made some modifications on it to make it better, biggest problem is the pedal plate that is flexing 15-20mm with load cellā€¦
Next i will build my own 80/20.

1 Like

Same here, I have mine for 5 years now.
Now start to make sounds when I seat on it!
Maybe need to tight up a little.
But my plan is to make my 80/20.
I bought a triple screen stand from sim-lab and it is great.
So probably I will go with some of their rig too.
But that is something for a year or so.

1 Like

I actually removed the seat sliders, coz they made lots of noice and was not rigid enough. I bolted the seat stright on the sideplates. Super sturdy now and i sit much lower and have raised the pedals 10cm. More GT style then bus style position.

*sorry for the off-topic btw.

Hello guys, i did a small review of my sc2 Pro:
https://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/115939-Simucube-2-Review

To write this whole text in english would exceed my noobish english skills so its in german.

Donā€™t really know how difficult it is to read german language for a non native speaker so don`t scold me :wink:

5 Likes

I actually just read it using Google translate, which works quite well with German.

Thanks for the review!

Revan, thank you for taking the time to make such a well thought out and detailed review. I really enjoyed reading that.

p.s. thatā€™s one really nice looking rig youā€™ve made. Looks awesome :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Today was a good day I received my SC2 Pro. But Iā€™m unable to use it because they didnā€™t put my European to U.S. adapters for the power supplies in the box.:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Who did you order from?