Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

buy some wheel like T300 and sold it when SC2 arrive

Not true. I watched very impatiently my wheel go by truck from Slovenia to Norway. 1 week.
That was a week I regretted gimping out on freight options.

Mikaļ¼Œwhat causes slow production?Manufacturer problems or shortage of accessoriesļ¼Ÿ

Thought to answer to this a bit.

Well, there are reasons. Always reasons for issues / delays.

In short it is shortage of certain parts. However it does not make sense to discuss those in detail here.

What I can say is that we have worked hard and are working hard with our suppliers to meet the demand. One way to say this is that even in normal conditions, the demand is in many multiples compared to SC1 generation products. We could not currently produce the amounts of SC1 motherboards to meet the demand we get with SC2 generation products. Now, that might be so and possibly people think ā€œwell, okay, that goes without saying, it is much more attractive productā€. However it is also relatively much more complicated product with all the details that go to the supply chain, production, assembly and testing and distribution to the customers. Nevertheless, we work on supply chain, production and distribution so that all the hundreds of workers that take part in the supply chain, production, assembly and distribution & sales do their part and that the tens of thousands of kilos of products will be delivered to the customers over the globe during the year 2019. It will be done, but it takes time to get the locomotive moving with all the mass it has, but it will get its speed after a while, it is already moving though may not show to the customers or other stakeholders yet so visibly.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if the simracingcoach thrustmaster to osw adapter can be mounted.to the simucube2?

You need a Martin Ascher adapter or similar.
Or wait to rev. 2 adapter.

There is now an official update on batch 2 on the Simucube website. Thanks for the update GD team!

https://www.simucu.be/post/simucube-2-second-batch-details

4 Likes

When might that revision 2 adapter ship to batch 1 owners? What will be included with it? What might that process look like?

Directly from Granite or from the re-sellers?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome to hear. Congratulations. Iā€™m looking forward to many years of happy Simucube 2 ownership.

There is now an official update on batch 2 on the Simucube website. Thanks for the update GD team!

Perfect timing, itā€™ll arrive exactly after my holidays, when Iā€™ll have a lot less time to drive it. :expressionless:

I assume you are talking about the conversion board and quick release? Unfortunately, this will only suit a mige servo motor shaft. The SC2 servo shaft is a different diameter.

My SC2 pro has been on order since batch 1 was released - just missed out on batch 1 as I waited to make a decision to purchase and have since sold my SC1 as well.

Personally I am happy to wait as long as long as it takes.

Thanks, do you know if it could mount the conversion board WITHOUT the quick release?

guys, ā€œ2nd of augustā€ means 2/8 or 2nd week of august?

It means a date, not week number.

1 Like

thanks Mika, also because that means 1 week earlier than I was told from my reseller :slight_smile:
another thing, is it possible to get the premium style estop for Sport model or not yet? if not, will it be possible to purchase it in the future for that sc2 model? thankz

It will be possible to buy in the future, but Iā€™m not knowledgeable on why it is not in production for consumer sales yet.

2 Likes

Hey Mika
I need two extra motor side QR wedges. Can I order directly from you? or maybe can I get 3D model so I can print it. Itā€™s just for wall muting extra steering wheels.

1 Like

Hello,

Yes, that is possible but you will need to rewire.

I am looking to offload mine but no takers. I ended up with a Martin Ascher USB button plate.

No more converting for me :slight_smile:

Hi Damian and everyone else!

Just a quick heads up since this is my first public forum post: my name is Joonas and Iā€™ve been helping Mika out with SC2 firmware and now I try to fill in for Mika with questions where I can.

I need two extra motor side QR wedges. Can I order directly from you?

I asked our sales and the response was: Our motor side QR units are available through our distributors mentioned at https://simucu.be.

[ā€¦] can I get 3D model so I can print it. Itā€™s just for wall muting extra steering wheels.

Currently we have no plans to offer this part or part of it for 3D printing or such wall mounting accessories but Iā€™ll be sure to bring this wall mounting use case up for the part for future planning. No promises though on the outcome.

1 Like

Hi all, just a short and simple question : I need to know if SC2 Sport motor is smaller (in lenght) than the small MiGe motor, if it weights less than that and if the two have the same front mounting holes pattern and measures. I am waiting for the 2nd batch delivery and in the meantime, to alleviate this sad non-simracing period, I am preparing my rig and triple monitor mount to be ready to wellcome the new motor; because of that, I would need to know the motor dimensions and also if I can still use the SimLab motor mounting bracket I was using before with a small MiGe. For the weight, I am asking because I was having some flexes with the OSW on my rig (SimLab GT1-Evo), and I am hoping the Sport will be lighter than the small MiGe for that reason.
Another thing, can I place the power supply in contact with alu profiles (I was thinking of securing it with classical cable ties around the profile) or could it cause some issues, like emi or what else?
Thanks!