Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

I don’t use either. :joy:

Wouldn’t FFB via telemetry be the best solution?

Guess it can only be used as a compliment for SOTP effect, not steering rack forces.
But if you have tactile already why litter signal with extra auxiliary things.

I originally bought the Simucube 2 Pro this summer, playing iRacing on Win 10. Everything worked great. I never needed to adjust anything on windows start up, I could go directly into iRacing at any time. No beeps, no going into standby, no needing to re-enable torque in the software or mess with the e-stop. Now in Win 11, updating Truedrive to 2023.10, I have 2 issues…

Issue #1:
I recently installed the newest True Drive 2023.10 and had issues getting my GSI wheel to recognize in the graphic. I downloaded the png file, placed it in the correct directory, but despite any efforts I made, right clicking on the graphic popped up a window to “Select new file for this wheel” that is always disabled.

I had to revert back to Driver 2023.2 for the Graphic to work for me.

Issue #2:
Standby is Absolutely Annoying at Every Level.

Between races, sitting for 7 minutes it beeps at me. And if I don’t acknowledge the beeping, it automatically turns off my torque. If I do acknowledge the beep, it will still beep at me again in another 7 minutes, followed by more beeping and shut off minutes after that.

I understand that I can avoid this by hitting the e-stop button. But the estop is a pain in the ass, because I have nothing to properly mount it with without drilling and modding the button box case. I have trust issue with drilling my own holes in a product I spent $1400 on.

Right now I have the e-stop sitting on the floor near my seat, and resetting it requires both hands before putting it back on the floor. Right now, I’m torn between the annoyance of alt-tabbing every race into Truedrive to re-enable my wheel from the pits… or reaching down to cycle the e-stop every 7 minutes it beeps at me between races. If I do properly use the e-stop, it still beeps at me every time. I bleeping hate the bleeping.

I understand you’re trying to keep your customers safe. But I’m a grown-ass adult and I’d like the option to keep my wheel on all the time. Especially when I still sitting in front of it between races, and don’t want to have to cycle my wheel every race. If you give us a product that can rip off a finger at 100%FFB for tiktok clicks, also give us responsible owners the ability to dig into a option that lets the wheel sit quietly between races.

F- these bleeping bleeps. I will sign any waver you’d give me to make the bleeps go away. MAKE THE BLEEPS STOP!

To me it looks like we see a soft approach to establish a vendor lock in system.

How you make True Drive cleaner and simpler by merging it with the pedal software??

Funny that you melt TD into pedals app, and not the other way around. I assume there are more Simucube 2 buyer’s than active pedals buyer’s.

True Drive has a lot of old-style C++ code base, is being built in strange ways, etc.

Where as the Tuner has been built from ground up with latest tech, with great usability and code maintainability in mind. It also has interfaces to game telemetry systems, which might interest wheel base users - via effects but also via game detection things.

It is not worth for us to maintain two different software in the future.

5 Likes

If anything, I’d like the opposite of low force boost. FFB often ramps up way too quickly (could be a game thing rather than DD wheel thing, I think it’s a bit of both).

A linearity curve adjustment would be ideal. That’ll allow users to set a “low force boost” as well as setting the opposite so we can have the same ultimate force but have it ramp-up during the beginning more gradually.

You could always have presets with a checkbox underneath the linearity curve. Have one called “low force boost” so people can just click that instead of them having to know what linearity even does or having to create their own curve.

2 Likes

people have mixed low force and detail here. Low force boost would be linearity adjustment, and detail adjustment would be a filter that would boost road detail which is high frequency but low magnitude forces that are on top of the main force signal.

1 Like

I’m not sure if your post is directed at me but, yes, low force boost would essentially be an overall FFB force linearity adjustment, exactly as I pointed out in my previous message.

A custom curve to adjust it, or at least a simple -100 to +100 slider (with the curve graphically visible) would be great. If the user clicks “low FFB boost”, then the curve will automatically change to whatever predefined value you guys set it to (eg. +25).

Linearity adjustment is already available in Simucube 2 Ultimate (gamma filter).

Yes but it’s not on the SC2 Pro even though all sorts of SC2 marketing material stated it would have it and is the very reason why I spent extra money purchasing the Pro over the Sport…otherwise I would have purchased the less expensive, smaller, lighter Sport. I still feel a little cheated-out and deceived about that.

Personal experience aside, if you guys are pursuing all these future FFB enhancements - some of them complex - like I’ve read around here lately, then why would a more basic setting like linearity continue being locked to only the Ultimate?

2 Likes

This is regrettable, many of our resellers copy pasted information from pre-release materials from early 2019 even though we always kept them updated. They even used same materials in 2022.

1 Like

yes a low force boost and also a high force cut would be 2 very good options

can raise weak forces or weaken very high forces

these 2 settings would be awesome to have, although i’m guessing overall they’d basically create the same result

1 Like

How this can be the same?

How can this be the same?

And it’s the first time I thought “I’m happy to be able to not have to update”

they both compress the signal which is the same

From this point, yes. But they don’t produce the same result. This is what confused me

I don’t want to upset you. I just don’t get it!

once you have adjusted the overall gain/strength they would have produced the same result

Gamma and LUT (curve adjustment) are available in AC and ACC and while work with low force consumer wheels, feel like crap on DD. It just breaks linearity in a way that physics feels completely off.
Same as LFB in AMS2, it is over the top if used with DD wheel and not really needed unless you want teeth shuttering constant vibration.
What low force details we are talking here, road texture, tire shudder, may be FFB linearity should be left alone and other effects added on a top of it over telemetry, if anyone actually want them on the wheel instead of tactile.
Otherwise I am afraid we are looking at just another useless feature, just like Gamma on Ultimate, that is only good at sucking out developers’ time.

1 Like

Nothing can beat a good tuning of Slew Rate Limit relative to TD overall force / game FFb refresh rate.

Please dont lose time on something that games can do by themselfs (iRacing non linear mode, AC lut files, BeamNG custom curves … )

2 Likes