SC2 Ultimate noise over time

You got it right. Try to tighten gently the 3 screws of wires but don’t try to change the original wire order of the 3 wires (as they might be in different order than in my photo above).

No warranty void on this one. I just prefer the fastest and easiest solution :slight_smile: If wires were not the issue, we’ll proceed with exchange.

Feel free to post images at will.

2 Likes

okay, i’m back.

all cables are really tight and is difficult even to loose it just a bit. i’ve checked even the ground wire from the main housing and the back electronics cover but is tight, even the electronics pcb screws are tight. Seems that a liquid ( anti loose solution ) is used on all screws.Seems all right but i’ve noticed that the llittle green pcb at the bottom is not present.

3+1 Wires + electronics

PCB housing screws

i’ve reassembled the back of the motor at 2.5Nm for each of the 4 screw.

Sorry for late reply but to close the back cover require time to not damage any cables.

Late today i wrote an email to the Support with all requested information.

i’m really sorry for that but in case you want to try another test or have a special debug firmware/command or something like that and want a log of the unit let me know if you trust me on this.
i check the mailbox in this days for reply from support.
Thank you very much for now.

Thank you for your effort! It’s unfortunate that this didn’t turn out to be the solution. We’re prepared study the unit closely and give you replacement.

Speaking of that, could you also share a photo of your test setup/rig where this vibration occurred? Perhaps we spot something else that we could try.

There might be also one trick to try in software, Mika should be able to assist on that.

Hellp,

i have an idea. tomorrow after work i try to unmount the motor from the rig and put it on a table made of wood and test it the same way you watched on the short video clip, in this way i can exclude everything that can to interfere or generate some harmonics/vibrance. what you think ?.
i’ve asked to my online friends but no one can reproduce this behaviour and just 2 of 11 have the same chassis that is the Heusinkveld, all other people have difference setups, chassis, wheels, sockets, monitors etc.

You think that this test can prove something wrong with the motor ?.

Yes, as @Tero suggested, I emailed Albert about doing an encoder recalibration. Lets do that in the very short term.

Hello,

i’m available from 15pm. i’ve replyed to the email.
as wrote before i think can be a calibration problem probably but if not i try to unmount the motor from the rig and test it on a wood table to exclude any possible resonance.

thank you for now.

Hello,

Here is the video about results after encoder recalibration managed with Mika remotely.
As Mika have suggested the problem is not solved even with this procedure. I have made a short video with the motor unmounted from the rig as I suggest yesterday as last try to verify if the problem is something wrong with my gear but the problem is not solved.

My Sc2 ultimate after recalibration - unmounted from rig.

Hello,

I realise that the video is not available for watching. I don’t know why.

New link . If not work try to download it

Hello,

I don’t know if this can help to fix the problem but now True Drive shows continuous warning about the following error.

i don’t what happens here and if this can damage my mainboard or other things but are 3 times that my monitors have strange flashes and shutdown without any reason. i prefer to completely unmoount the motor from the rig and waiting for the new unit.

hello,
@Tero @Esa

As you know you realize that my sc2 ultimate motor have some hardware faults.
recalibration with Mika have not solved tghe problem and even mika tells me that ( is not a software issues )

ask just to know what i have to do and if i have to contact the distributor or if you can manage the exchange directly from factory after xmas vacation period. The support already have my address , serial number and phone number.

Thank you for now.

We will get back to you after the holidays. I will be monitoring the forum from time to time, but we will get back to business after January 6th. In addition, I will be personally out of office until January 10th.

Hello,

Thank you for reply.
I see you after this holidays .

Have a nice time with your family ( kids if you have ) marry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family/parents.

Bye.

1 Like

@Esa @Tero @Mika

Hello,

as you know my wheel base have to be exchanged and i can’t use it anymore. it’s fine and i know that after this holidays you made the exchange but i have read on the forum that you decide to exclude some options/filters in new firmware software like center filters/notch filters and bandwidth will be removed :(…
please can you exchange my motor but without the update to this new firmware ?.. i want to use the 1.0.13 with all my actual profiles.

please don’t exclude this options, for me ( and others i think ) the availability of this settings and possibilities is one of the reason why i don’t use commercial products.

Thank you… happy holidays.