SC2 pro showing as sport model in True Drive software

Hi guys,
I received my SC2 Pro yesterday and finally got around to setting it up tonight.

I have noticed in the True Drive software (on the Info tab) that the the model is being shown as Simucube 2 Sport and the maximum torque is 17NM.

The SC2 box has the “PRO” label on it and there are 2 power supplies which seem to be operating normally and are plugged into the back of the motor.

Any ideas why this is showing as a Sport?

Thanks

Thanks for the report! Please give us the serial number of the device. We will investigate the factory test log based on that, and will report back to you.

The device can be used without any ill effects in the meantime.

Also, please tell us your reseller for product tracking purposes.

Hi Mika,

The serial number is 00000982

I purchased the item through Simtech Racing in the UK (Jed).

The type on the back says Simucube 2 Pro.

Thanks
Mike

Ok, we will investigate tomorrow and report back.

Ok Mika, thanks.

I’m wondering whether the initial firmware update has not gone as planned. I think it did freeze and I had to quit out.

Is it possible to redo this step?

Thanks
Mike

We probably already know what the issue is, and we have already come up with options. Official decision will be tomorrow.

Ok Mika,

I’ll just use it as is for now and wait for your instructions.

Thanks for the quick replies.
Mike

Hi

What was the issue? Really hope this doesn’t happen to me

I have exactly the same issue and bought from the same reseller, received it yesterday.
Here is the device label number at the back

I saw your post also on iRacing forum. We are on it, and there will be news later today.

Just joined this form which I didn’t know exist. I will leave the Iracing now alone

As a fellow Pro owner, I’m interesting in what could cause this. Could it be that the firmware update has caused the issue? Would a flash to a previous version therefore resolve the issue?

Or is it possible that these Pro units have somehow could a Sport component in them - maybe the encoder?

I’m sure Mika will get to the bottom of it - I’m just really curios as to what the cause is.

OK, we have identified that some Simucube 2 electronics packages destined for Pro were accidentally attached to a Sport motor at the factory. Then, the error was noticed and devices were assembled with correct Pro motor. However, there was a one-time programmable setting that remained at the Sport setting.

This was a human error at the factory, and should not happen again.

Number of affected units is not many.

Next public firmware version - hopefully next week - will have special checks for the known serial numbers and after that, the devices will report as Pro units on PC, and will function as Pro units.

4 Likes

Hi Mika,

Thanks for getting back so quickly and explaining the issue.

I will update this thread next week when the next firmware release drops and let you know that the issue has been resolved. (fingers crossed!!)

I’ll use the current sport settings until next week as you advised last night.

Thanks again,
Mike

Now it is all up to a large amount of coffee to do the fix based on the serial number.

4 Likes

Haha… if you need any help testing it before the public release then I can help out if you let me know

Thank you Mika
I was so sad and confused when I first saw this on my screen yesterday !
Can’t wait to update it and get my PRO back !

Hi Mika
Just to advise about another one with the same issue. Serial Number 00000975 also from Simtech Racing. Seems like it will be resolved next week anyway, just thought you might need the serial number.
Thank you,
John

We have conclusive list of affected serial numbers, from the factory logs.

1 Like