SC2 pro possibly overheating and losing FFB

For sure dude the horror stories about Fanatec are very off putting. I have in no way lost faith with GD or there products, I mean the feel of the road I get with this motor is incredible. Hence why I was considering upgrading to get back to racing quickly.

I mailed fanatec regarding some things and i was waiting for answer forever and here you have all answers and help assap. Also when I decided for sc2 i contactd augury regarding sending in norway and some other things answer was almost immediate. So glad I kicked fanatec out of my life. Now i just need to wait and read about sc2(hard part):see_no_evil:

1 Like

I had a very interesting conversation with my reseller earlier today. Now waiting for a decision to be made on what will happen next.

4 Likes

What about and what he said?

What was said is between me and my reseller but as it stands I haven’t been informed of anything happening yet.

Then why tell people you had a “very interesting” conversation if you’re not willing to divulge :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m being professional?. The point of the post was to inform anyone who cares that this is completely out of my hands and that either my reseller or GD need to make a decision on how to proceed.

Fair enough. But I would say that your reseller needs to step up and start that. As you saw gd are just waiting. They sold unit to your reseller and he sold it to you. Unit needs to go back to reseller and he will send back to them. Only question is are you gonna get new one or that one will be fixed. I also undetermined your frustration because you paid for it,doesn’t work and nothing is happening but I will say because of slow reaction from reseller

Well ForrestGump you seem to know a lot more about this than I do.

All I will say is this, think twice before you blindly defend a company.

Okay, I’m getting the gist of the conversation that was had at least, does sound interesting …

Good news everyone! I have been informed by my reseller that a new motor is being dispatched to me next week. So if all goes well I should be up and running in time for the next season in iracing.

Thank you all for sorting this out :+1:t3:.

12 Likes

Everytime I read “Good news everyone!”, I hear professor Farnworth:s voice in my head. :smile:

I sent a mail to Jed at SimtechRacing a couple of days ago, hoping to get to know when I will get my package. Not sure which queue I am in.

5 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one!

Status update: we’re waiting for SC2 of one customer to arrive for inspection. Meanwhile we have investigated code & hardware thoroughly to speed up investigation and solution once the unit arrives. Our high priority goal is to solve this issue ASAP.

On the other news, we’re building new functionality in True Drive that makes remote support much more convenient. These are on roadmap for 1.0.8 and later versions.

1 Like

you possibly meant “on the roadmap for 1.0.11 and later” as we have already roadmap for 1.0.10 and 1.0.8 was released last week already… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have emailed my reseller last week regarding sending him my unit but I am still awaiting a reply.

Yes, it is indeed your unit that we requested the reseller to get back to us. Its been 17 days (!) and nothing has happened? @MX170 can you handle this a bit faster?

1 Like

If this is “high priority” I’d suggest skipping the send back to reseller step and just have RedEye ship it direct to you guys at GD? Having to wait over two weeks is ridiculous.

1 Like

I have the original simucube box but not postage box. I was told that a replacement unit would be sent out to me last week so i asked if I could wait till that arrives to use the packaging to send the faulty unit back to my reseller. As he told me, the unit needs to be VERY CAREFULLY packaged as not to cause any damage whatsoever.

Indeed, this is what we also have discussed in here. For such support cases we might need to skip reseller to have solutions faster.

We are updating the process to make service smoother and faster. That’s one of the topics we’re currently working on.

5 Likes