SC2 Pro in Gran Turismo 7

Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible that the Simucube 2 Pro together with the Heusinkveld Sprint could be used in Gran Turismo 7 on PS5, if it is possible directly or can you use an adaptor or something? Thanks, you would help me a lot!

Hello.
With all due respect to you who are writing more, it is sacrilege to put a Simucube to play Gran Turismo.
:sleepy:

@Manu_Iniesta it is of course not possible to do this directly. I ve seen people using GIMX and probably Drivehub (for PS5) to emulate DD wheels and accessories as a g29, but there might be an issue with wheel oscillations while the car is stationary. If anybody in this forum has done it already for PS5 or PS4 for GT7 i would myself be interested to know their view/findings.
@ossmindo and all due respect, no it is not a sacrilege to use SC in GT7. Lots of people are using them in Forza Horizon, dirt rally and whatever other game, sim or not. GT7 may not be a hard core sim, still it is decent and looks good and enjoyable.

4 Likes

I think ossmindo meant it half jokingly :slightly_smiling_face:.

I agree with you, if one likes to play GT7 (it’s on my wishlist), why not - if it were possible.

I am sure ossimindo was a bit sarcastic :sweat_smile: no issue at all from my side…Btw there is a recent video from Dan Suzuki paying GT7 with SC2 Pro and his usual rig, so yes it is possible.

1 Like

Thanks, I hadn’t come across that video yet! Now patiently waiting for the video where he will explain how he did it.

Hello, it was definitely a joke, everyone plays what they want with their equipment, I wouldn’t use my Ultimate to play any of these games, Forza, F Horizon, GT, Dirty Rally, WRC, Richards Burns Rally and etc.
But it certainly was and is a joke. :joy:

Hello, it was definitely a joke, everyone plays what they want with their equipment.
It wasn’t sarcasm I assure you and I apologize if I looked and felt offended.
I don’t think Dan Suzuki is a reference as a driver, I think he’s a great reference as a streamer for racing games.
Hug. :love_you_gesture:

Ah no worries mate, I meant sarcastic in a funny good way. And yes i agree with you, it is not making sense to buy a simucube or any other high end equipment if you are to use it in games with poor ffb. I have tried forza in the past and although it was playable, it was just awful and pointless. When you have sims that can deliver proper ffb, it is kind of annoying settling with crappy feeling. On the other hand most people do not have 2 rigs and if there is a way to make things work and get to enjoy something, then why not.

2 Likes

Does anyone else know how to get gt7 working with drivehub, other than Dan. Apparently, he’s the only one I can find that has got the thing working but he never tells us how…

DriveHub & SC2 ???
Looks not good… Because SC2 wheelbase needs TrueDrive to be opened to activate Hi Torque

Apart from the issue that DriveHub doesnt supporr SC2 wheels

I bought a used ps4 some time ago just for the gameplay of GT7. In connection with a Gimx adapter and the associated software, my simucube 2 sport with several steeringwheels and other peripherals could be used well in the game. Of course you have to accept compromises in terms of FFB and the oscillation effect is also there. However, as long as you hold the steering wheel normally, you don’t feel it.

Now I’m even considering switching to the ps5 in connection with the psvr2. Here, however, a second adapter is required, the drivehub. This could probably lead to more input lag, but it should work.
I’ve also seen videos in which the oscillation effect was significantly reduced by using the fanatec mode in the drivehub. But I can’t confirm that.

2 Likes
1 Like

I would like to share my experience with the Drivehub here. I ordered it to test it first on ps4 (inputlag?). Luckily I didn’t notice any negative change. Furthermore, now I have an additional small led for the rpm on the adapter. Will probably keep it and also try the PS5. I will test the Fanatec mode soon (less oscillation). I’m happy with the result! H- and seq. shifters, pedals, arduino button boxes are also still recognized.

1 Like

@BastiRotti I am interested to know more about this. I have a PS4 somewhere gathering dust and just out of curiosity, i would like to check what it is all about gt7. I have a question, do you need both drivehub and GIMX to be able to use all peripherals, or drivehub only will be enough? There is not much information going around on using these with an SC2, so any input from someone done this already is useful. Let us know also when you used the Fanatec mode and also if the FFB with the SC2 on this game is any good.
Thanks!

1 Like

Switching to fanatec mode actually worked.
With the Gimx adapter first i emulated a G27 and by holding start and select ingame the drivehub switched to fanatec mode. I then had to restart the Gimx adapter on pc. After that the fanatec was displayed in the controller menu.
The oscillation is as good as gone! FFB is generally not a special highlight, but as long as I have resistance in the steering wheel, I still enjoy gt7!

In any case, with the PS4 you only need a Gimx adapter!
It is recommended to flash the adapter to g29/ps4. You do that in the software. In a second program for the Gimx adapter, you can create configs with the button mapping. There you have extensive possibilities to link your peripherals with the buttons of the selected g29.
Connect the gimx adapter to pc and ps4. Start the ps4, if you only have one ps4 controller you have to turn it off in the menu and connect it to the pc.
Then you should start and run the software for the gimx on the pc. The emulator now recognizes the ps4 controller connected to the pc and can emulate a g29 in connection with the mapping.config from your hardware. If you switch back to ps4, you probably have to press the mapped “playstation” button once and you can now control the ps4 with your peripherals. For simplicity, you should perhaps remap a separate controller with all the buttons. This makes control easier. There is another video that helped me with the gimx adapter.

1 Like

@BastiRotti many thanks for the reply. But just to be sure i understand this correctly:

1. For PS4 we only need GIMX, but in order to use the Fanatec mode we also need Drivehub, right?
  2. For PS5 we need both GIMX and Drivehub
  3. Drivehub alone (without GIMX) regardless if PS4 or PS5 will not do the job. The reason i am asking this is because i dont see anywhere i could purchase a GIMX, i will have to DIY it. But if Drivehub would work without a GIMX, i could just easily get a Drivehub and be done with it, even though it is not as cheap.
  4. With the GIMX + Drivehub + Fanatec mode, did you notice any change in FFB, input lag, or any improvement in feel other than that the oscillations are gone?

Gladly, I’m happy if I can share my experiences.

1. Exactly! So it is enough for the first try to start with a Gimx adapter.

2. That’s also true, the gimx adapter unfortunately only emulates steering wheels that are maximally compatible with the ps4. The drivehub then turns the ps4 steering wheel into a ps5 steering wheel.

3. Yes, unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. It could be possible that an update for the Gimx brings compatibility to PS5 steering wheels, but nothing has happened for a long time in terms of updates.
    I was lucky enough to be able to buy my gimx used. If I were you, I would start trying to DIY one.

4. Regarding ffb I couldn’t recognize any great changes. In fanatec mode it feels a bit cleaner without oscillation. If necessary, you can also do some fine tune by the true drive software. I also found the input lag to be surprisingly low, so I think there would even be more delay on most TV’s. Only the button assignment has changed a bit again, you have to test and adjust that in the gimx software.

I’ve done a few laps now and I have to say that I’m very happy with the result. The ffb is completely sufficient for my purposes to be able to really enjoy the game.
Now the only thing left to think about is switching to ps5. 1440p native and 120hz. The PS4 is currently running on a 1440p monitor in full HD mode, which is not particularly pretty.

1 Like

@BastiRotti Many thanks for the input! And for sure you got me curious. Need to now to diy the gimx.

Did you notice any FFB improvement with the use also of the Drivehub/Fanatec mode over just the gimx? I mean would you advise me to get the Drivehub in addition to gimx?
Please also report back when you get the the PS5 :grinning:

The added value is actually that there is no more oscillation. But try the gimx adapter first, you can add the drivhub afterwards at any time. I only bought it because the ps5 still appeals to me. Theoretically you can order the drivehub and try it out, if the improvement is not worth it to you, you can send it back :wink:

1 Like