Richard Burns Rally and Simucube 2

I wanted to ask others who are playing RBR currently for some advice on setting up a FFB profile for this game. I currently am playing on the RBR Rally Sim Fans version. It has a much more up to date NPG physics and includes tons of enhancements from the original game. I was wondering if anyone here is playing that version of RBR and has an up to date FFB profile they have tested.

Also any advice on the FFB settings for the tarmac, snow, and gravel settings provided for the game.
And with there only being two listed, shared profiles, what would a good range for the wheel rotation be for this game be?

I also found this post from a year ago for a thrustmaster, where the individual explains the different settings and how they work. Any profile someone is willing to share for the newer NGP Physics and Rally Sim Fans version, could you please also include your findings with these settings for the SC2 pro?

Lastly can anyone please tell me if there is a way to monitor your game and determine if you are clipping? Is the consensus higher gain in game and lower in TD or vice versa?

Simucube has audible notification for clipping (torque saturation beeps) that can be used if the game does not have visible FFB meter in its UI.

AS I wrote before: there isn’t. It’s a fundamental discussion, therefore it’s not game/simulation related. If one start from TD, he always will. If one start from in-game, he always will.

Do yourself a favour and don’t start with RBR. It’s, in a strict sense, not a professional simulation because everything is developed from very skilled and talented people but AFAIK they are not professional developers. We still don’t know if you already received your Simucube and what wheels you have for rally and so on

I think you are wrong here, even the original RBR would be still one of the best if not the best rally simulator. Not alone the tweaked current version.

It is the most professional simulator, as it doesn’t have to take into account casual console players or making driving model approachable to the masses. As close to reality as possible is the thing.

4 Likes

I agree with Nrde, I have been playing RBR since 2004 (release date) and I have tried all the Rally games from before 2004 to today, in the end I always come back to RBR. Of the modern rally games, the only one that gave me a good feeling in physics was the first Dirty Rally in 2015 (it will be no coincidence that it was the only Codemasters game to have a beta tester development), all others: installed, tested and deleted. Mine is a personal judgment, of taste and sensations, I am not a pilot, so I do not allow myself to judge if a game is more or less simulation. But I can bring back the thoughts of many real rally drivers who confirm RBR as the best rally simulator. For the TD profile I use this one (as you can see I’m at the 2020.10 version of TD). In game I have the FFB of 2 notches and filters to zero. I use both the Rallysimfans mod and RBRPro and the settings of the controls are the same. If you need more clarification, I’m here. Have fun with RBR.

1 Like

the wheel is coming in this Friday by the delivery schedule from DHL. I have a momo rally wheel that is 320mm

@maviaggi I do have a couple questions. When you say two notches in game ( I currently do not have a wheel so is there an in game gain?

Do you keep everything global or more car specific for the following: grave/tarmac/snow, the gain, and the wheel rotation?

Lastly I see you have the adaptive FFB FPS is set? Why is there a FPS to Adaptive FFB. I saw that from other guides many avoided Adaptive FFB and I see your don’t have it selected so why is there a FPS to it?

Thanks for the help so far and an up to date profile! I love the game personally much more than other rally games!

Hi! I didn’t call it bad or not good. In fact, I think it is too difficult to start with. Correct me when I am wrong: from the original 2004 simulation only the launcher survived. Everything else is developed and maintained by an enthusiastic and very skilled crowd. It is a very challenging and very demanding title, more than all other rally titles. And rally simulations are demanding by definition.
I like the fact that I can really use the same devices which are present in todays and past rally cars:
Dedicated steering wheel, sequential shifter, handbrake, push pull device. I don’t think it’s the same with a GT wheel with paddels tbh.
My point is: Imo it is just not a simulation for the first day. Climbers don’t start with the the Mount Everest neither, I see it this way.
Would you advise to use RBR as the very first simulation one should go with a Simucube?
PS: do we talk about the Hungarian version?

Last week i downloaded rally sim fans - Hungarian version, was absolutely easy to install, one click on install and thats all. The game is a Masterpiece with all it’s mods, no way wrc10 or dirt 2.0 touches it! I even bought round wheel for rally and maybe for all other titles as was racing now with polsimer f74 (formula style rim).from Paddock just download most popular RBR settings - it is called if remeber correct “simple RBR settings but it works”. I had such a blast, just now wait for ascher B24 button plate, will put my round wheel, and i will be ready for it! I wish i would try this game earlier!

1 Like

I would start with RBR Hungarian version, not with something else, the same way I did start with AC and not Forza Horizon. Dirt rally, WRC series are fine, but not trouble free for SC as far as I know. Dirt rally 2 went backwards compared to first version etc.

The RBR install is more or less trouble free at the moment (wasn’t maybe before as much). It works well, drives well (or as well as your skills allow) has a lot of content basically for free.

If you start all “sims” with all the driving assist on, drive with the racing line visible etc. then maybe RBR isn’t for you anyway though.

1 Like

Hi!
I never use driving assists other than those cars in reality offer, but this is out of context anyway.
I started my Simucube 2 experience with F1 2018 and WRC 9.
Just to clarify, because you didn’t answer the question:

Would you recommend RBR as the First game/simulation for a person using its Simucube 2 for the very first time? A simulation/game coming with a manual/information booklet with more than 130 pages ?

Are we now talking about the experience to be had with Simucube, or the experience to be had with a game/sim in general?

If a person is interested in rally games, RBR should be on top or close to top in any case. It’s free so why not. The FFB is most likely to be better than the more mainstream current rally sims also.

I’m not sure why you think RBR prevents even a newcomer from enjoying driving and the challenge it gives. I never red the manual myself.

Your claim it’s somehow “less professional” than Dirt or WRC is just wrong, it may be less polished and older, which don’t make it less professional.

3 Likes

I did not installed RBR earlier as it was a bit of mess , a lot of patches and reading how to properly intalls it, just go to rally sim fans.hu and clock on first download exe file, everything else will be automatically done, wrc10 to setup was for mw bigger headache than this rbr rally sim fans.hu, this file has everything included, just it takes 110gb when setting pedals just in do not forget to check mark invert pedals, this one only one thing that my pedals when depressed they showed that from 100% i brake to 0% so in game launch table just indicate invert gas, brake. All the rest went flawless. No need to reed 130 pages :smile: i really liked Dirt rally, later tried dirt2.0 and still was missing something in these games, but RBR remebered me why i bought my first T300 wheelbase, i had hope to race dirt rally on pc :slight_smile: but remeber it was just fun to fly in Finland stages but nothing more…oh and graphics on some tracks looks really very good and i like good graphics. For me better RBR modded graphics than dirt 2.0 which my 1080ti and 10600k still can not run smooth 75 fps.

With all my respect: from first post on I never downgraded RBR in any way. I even described it as demanding, if not one of the most difficult titles to master.
It’s not about me, you, what we prefer or not. It is an answer to a question from OP who seems very keen to get whatever information on his soon arriving Pro.
ALL I said is: I dont recommend it as the first title to use for a total newbie with a Simucube 2 Pro. ALL YOU said is: you do recommend it.

WRC titles are good to drive but also a joke: if the official license holder isn’t capable of implementing a sequential shifter and a push pull device (so that both can be used at the same time depending on the situation) it’s nothing but shameful.
In both, dirt 2.0 and RBR, this is possible.
You also recommend to unpack and setup your Simucube 2 Pro and start day 1 with RBR. It’s for free and very easy to understand and a title perfect to start your Simucube journey

What’s the worse that can happen with RBR and SC?

@maviaggi I just wanted to follow up and tell you the settings you provided for RBR are quite amazing! I am still in infant stages for learning how to tune this wheel but compared to AC, RBR’s feedback is just amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your tune. I can tell you put a lot of time into developing it!

1 Like
  • so is there an in game gain? Yes
  • Do you keep everything global or more car specific for the following: grave/tarmac/snow, the gain, and the wheel rotation? yes, I use all the same for gravel / asphalt / snow. As you can see in the Simrallyfans mod it is possible to adjust the sensitivity of the FFB for each surface, in the Reddit link you posted above it is well explained. Regarding the rotation of the steering wheel, I use almost exclusively modern cars, wrc and rally2 that provide for 540 °, here you will find a list of cars with the relative degrees of rotation of the steering wheel: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qa_bbN0MiTxwubjJ1bqxEGgZ-gmNNEEXVn8YzSFsU5Y/edit?usp=sharing
  • Lastly I see you have the adaptive FFB FPS is set? No, I don’t use this, for me it doesn’t work with SC2 and with T300, maybe it could work with other wheels. The game is very old (2004) and probably was used for the wheels of those times, I don’t know