rFactor 2 and SimuCUBE

Hi
I would like to feel ABS / brake with GT3/GTE.

I have the same settings like GlobeSpy with steering resistance saturation 0.5.

I’ve “Brake-effect” to 1 = enabled and I have strength is set to 10000 but I dont see difference like 00010.
Do you have idea ?

Thanks

Did the trick for me. More weight to the wheel indeed, was too light. However still struggling with some mods like the Miata to get a decent feeling, but stock content feels great.

Looks like I’m haring EMI issues with my OSW right now. The strange thing is that when i’m (trail) braking or having oversteer in right corners, buttons get pressed on my steering wheel. It does NOT happen when I’m on the straight or just fast corners. It seems like its happening when I lift the throttle, getting back on the trotthle or just hard braking and steering at the same time? When I press the emergency button and then drive Some laps, I don’t have any problems.

I have a Fanatec conversion kit on my OSW. I havent had any issues before. It had just started out of nowhere since two weeks. All my wall sockets are grounded. I tried changing power sockets already, but nothing helps…

Maybe a ground connection inside the SRM kit has become loose? I’ve heard it happen, but we don’t have any first-hand experience with that kit.

Check your USB cable at the plug and wheel, sounds like cable issues to me…

It could be your USB cable. They may look totally fine but, wires can break inside without any signs on the outside.

I buy good quality USB cables and coil them myself while allowing them plenty of room to roam. It’s the areas where the repetitive and most concentrated bending or strain occurs where they tend to break.

Exact same happened to me Bart. Won’t be EMI.

Simon at SRM replaced the conversion kit with an updated version and that sorted it immediately.

Drop him a line.

Hi all, I have a more general FFB question regarding rf2 combined with my new Augury 30NM DD wheel. I mainly play iRacing but at the moment pretty underwhelmed with the FFB in that game, or at least it requires a whole lot more of finetuning. I know that rf2 provides much better FFB and that was immediately clear when trying the USF2000 on Sebring, much more detailed overall.

However there was one thing that I kind of missed which is the high-speed load on the wheel that I would expect for a car with some downforce. I’ve for instance tried a few open-wheelers in Assetto Corsa and they are difficult to turn at high speed due to the enormous forces. In rf2 I notice almost no change in resistance depending on speed. Is this something I should expect or maybe try different cars (only tried the USF2000 and McLaren GT3 so far)?

Also, should I change the in-game FFB smoothing factor per car? I run no effects (everything at 0%) in Simucube and going below 5 in the in-game smoothing makes it very jittery.

Last question; what do you guys find the best track/ car combination in rf2 to experience FFB?

Thanks!

You can experiment with the Direct Input effects in your wheel driver and see if that adds to the steering-resistance at speed as a result of increased downforce. It’s also possible that there is a specific parameter in the controller-json file that may impact the downforce factor.

Regarding smoothing, there are different ways to address it. You can use the game-FFB smoothing, the wheel-driver filtering, or some combination. The game-FFB smoothing does not work on a per-car basis - unfortunately; only the FFB strength does. I prefer to use a combination of both smoothing and filtering as that offers me some flexibility to change it from within the game.

Hola!

im experiencing something weird with Simucube and rF2, aways when i restart a race or restart weekend i have ffb disconection, and my steering wheel does not have bumpstops anymore, i have to powercycle the simucube and start rF2 again.

i think im suffering this since last rF2 update.

is someone else having the same problem or is just me?

Regards.

I have noticed the same however, an easy work-around is to assign a wheel button with the “Reset-FFB” control setting in rF2’s controller menu. I used this last night in fact, and it works great to re-start the FFB. I’m guessing it’s something on S397’s side and will check the forums to see if others are having issues.

1 Like

Yes, of course,of, just to escape and race again.

Not as easy in my case as i lose bumpstops and FFB for every Game as soon as i restart a rF2 race, and i have to turn off simucube and power on again.

Seems that Sebring is involved somehow as all is fine on Reiza tracks

That is very strange. Are there any motor faults displayed in Simucube Configuration Tool, and does cycling e-stop clear the issue?

I will try to replicate It as soon as i arrive home and will take a look at that.

Thanks!

nope…

i was not able to replicate it again…

and happened may times yerterday, so the problem is on my end, not on rf2 OR simucube side i guess.

nothing have changed on my hardware since yesterday…apart of some post processing options on rF2 graphics…

thanks anyway,

Regards.

I’m new to rfactor 2 and am struggling getting a good feeling of the load progressively building up through the wheel. Right now, losing the back end of a car is purely reactionary function as there is no progression in the wheel itself. Same goes for feeling the front up load up under braking before the wheel locks up. Been using the C6R on Limerock park as a test but downloaded the MX5 Cup and used the Nissan GTR GT1 with same results.

Small Mige with Biss-C.
In simucube:

In game, I tried different FFB filters, initial tq settings and changing the strength etc but can’t seem to make it behave well. I am using a custom version of the simucube profile in RF2.

It’s weird because the front end feel, curb feel and road feel is amazing but actual load on the car and the subtle signs of grip limitations seem to just not be there.

In my opinion you don’t need inertia and damping. Also i don’t know who set this wheel up but you are going a little bit off spec with 14A for the small mige. Anyway , upload the controller.json that you are using to see what you can change , but don’t expect miracles, rf2 doesn’t have slip effect for skidding the rear tires.

“Device Name 1”:“HE SIM PEDALS=#10c48b02”,
“Device Name 2”:“Serial/Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick=#16c00487”,
“Device Name 3”:“SimuCUBE=#16d00d5a”,
“Device Name 4”:"",
“Device Name 5”:"",
“Device Name 6”:"",
“Device Name 7”:"",
“Device Name 8”:""
},
“Force Feedback”:{
“Brake effects on steer axis”:0,
“Brake effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Brake effects strength”:0,
“Brake effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Brake spring coefficient”:0.3,
“Brake spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Brake spring saturation”:1,
“Brake spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Clutch effects on steer axis”:0,
“Clutch effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Clutch effects strength”:0,
“Clutch effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Clutch spring coefficient”:0.2,
“Clutch spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Clutch spring saturation”:1,
“Clutch spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“G920_workaround”:true,
“G920_workaround#”:“Workaround for Logitech G920 firmware bugs … may need to turn this off after firmware update if it gets fixed.”,
“Gearbox effects on steer axis”:0,
“Gearbox effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox ‘axis’, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Gearbox effects strength”:0,
“Gearbox effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Gearbox spring coefficient”:0,
“Gearbox spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Gearbox spring saturation”:1,
“Gearbox spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Ignore controllers”:0,
“Ignore controllers#”:“Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)”,
“Jolt magnitude”:0.7,
“Jolt magnitude#”:“How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.”,
“Off-road multiplier”:0.3,
“Off-road multiplier#”:“Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)”,
“Other spring coefficient”:0,
“Other spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers”,
“Other spring saturation”:0,
“Other spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers”,
“Rumble strip magnitude”:0,
“Rumble strip magnitude#”:“How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.”,
“Rumble strip pull factor”:0,
“Rumble strip pull factor#”:“How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.”,
“Rumble strip update thresh”:0.05,
“Rumble strip update thresh#”:“Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)”,
“Rumble strip wave type”:0,
“Rumble strip wave type#”:“Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.”,
“Steering effects strength”:-10000,
“Steering effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
“Steering resistance coefficient”:0.1,
“Steering resistance coefficient#”:“Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0”,
“Steering resistance saturation”:0.1,
“Steering resistance saturation#”:“Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0”,
“Steering resistance type”:0,
“Steering resistance type#”:“0=use damping, 1=use friction”,
“Steering spring coefficient”:0,
“Steering spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Steering spring saturation”:0,
“Steering spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Steering torque capability”:20,
“Steering torque capability#”:“The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)”,
“Steering torque extrap blend”:0,
“Steering torque extrap blend#”:“Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds ‘input max’ (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)”,
“Steering torque extrap time”:0.001,
“Steering torque extrap time#”:“Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set ‘blend’ to 0.0)”,
“Steering torque filter”:4,
“Steering torque filter#”:“Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle’s steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)”,
“Steering torque minimum”:0.01,
“Steering torque minimum#”:“Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel’s ‘FFB deadzone’ caused by friction”,
“Steering torque per-vehicle mult”:0.4,
“Steering torque per-vehicle mult#”:“Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)”,
“Steering torque sensitivity”:1,
“Steering torque sensitivity#”:“Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high”,
“Steering torque zero-speed mult”:0.2,
“Steering torque zero-speed mult#”:“Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque”,
“Test_workaround”:true,
“Test_workaround#”:“Workaround for apparent driver CTD on release”,
“Throttle effects on steer axis”:0,
“Throttle effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.”,
“Throttle effects strength”:0,
“Throttle effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Throttle spring coefficient”:0.4,
“Throttle spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Throttle spring saturation”:1,
“Throttle spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Type”:1,
“Type#”:“Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble/gamepad 4=custom”,
“Use thread”:true,
“Use thread#”:“Use a separate thread to issue FFB commands which may block with some drivers”
},
“General Controls”:{
“Alternate Neutral Activation”:true,
“Alternate Neutral Activation#”:“whether to select neutral if shift up & shift down are pressed simultaneously”,
“Alternate Rearlook Activation”:true,
“Alternate Rearlook Activation#”:“if left look and right look are both pressed, rearlook becomes activated”,
“Analog Steering Hurry Threshold”:1,
“Analog Steering Hurry Threshold#”:“When the absolute difference between the input and current steering values exceeds this threshold, the maximum hurry rate is applied instead of the apply or release rates (0 effectively always applies the hurry rate, while 2 would effectively disable it)”,
“Analog Steering Maximum Apply Rate”:0.5,
“Analog Steering Maximum Apply Rate#”:“Maximum rate per second the actual steering is allowed to change when the input is trying to apply more steering (steering further away from center from the current position)”,
“Analog Steering Maximum Hurry Rate”:2,
“Analog Steering Maximum Hurry Rate#”:“Maximum rate per second the actual steering is allowed to change when the input exceeds the maximum threshold of the difference between input and current steering values”,
“Analog Steering Maximum Release Rate”:1,
“Analog Steering Maximum Release Rate#”:“Maximum rate per second the actual steering is allowed to change when the input is trying to apply less steering (steering closer towards the center from the current position)”,
“Auto Reverse”:0,
“Auto Reverse#”:“If auto-shifting and holding brakes, will shift into reverse and reverse throttle/brake temporarily”,
“Brake Bias Axis”:false,
“Brake Bias Axis#”:“maps forward brake bias control as an axis to the nearest available setting”,
“Brake Sensitivity”:1,
“Brake Sensitivity#”:“vehicle. The vehicle itself may have non-linear effects (examples include Ackerman steering, variable”,
“Clutch Sensitivity”:1,
“Clutch Sensitivity#”:“ratio rack and pinion, engine throttle maps, not to mention hysterisis), which are, of course, applied”,
“Controller Flags”:2,
“Controller Flags#”:“add flags: 1=foreground, 2=exclusive (required for FFB)”,
“Detect Rearranged Controllers”:true,
“Detect Rearranged Controllers#”:“set to 1 if you change controller connections often and your wheel or pedals are sometimes enumerated differently”,
“Freelook Keyboard Pitch Accel”:4,
“Freelook Keyboard Pitch Accel#”:“Freelook pitch acceleration when using keyboard.”,
“Freelook Keyboard Pitch Decel”:4,
“Freelook Keyboard Pitch Decel#”:“Freelook pitch deceleration when using keyboard.”,
“Freelook Keyboard Pitch Speed”:1.5,
“Freelook Keyboard Pitch Speed#”:“Freelook pitch speed when using keyboard.”,
“Freelook Keyboard Yaw Accel”:4,
“Freelook Keyboard Yaw Accel#”:“Freelook Yaw acceleration when using keyboard.”,
“Freelook Keyboard Yaw Decel”:4,
“Freelook Keyboard Yaw Decel#”:“Freelook Yaw deceleration when using keyboard.”,
“Freelook Keyboard Yaw Speed”:1.5,
“Freelook Keyboard Yaw Speed#”:“Freelook yaw speed when using keyboard.”,
“Freelook Mouse Pitch Speed”:0.004,
“Freelook Mouse Pitch Speed#”:“Freelook pitch speed when using mouse.”,
“Freelook Mouse Yaw Speed”:0.004,
“Freelook Mouse Yaw Speed#”:“Freelook yaw speed when using mouse.”,
“Freemove Down Speed”:2,
“Freemove Down Speed#”:“Freemove Down speed.”,
“Freemove Forward Speed”:2,
“Freemove Forward Speed#”:“Freemove Forward speed.”,
“Freemove Right Speed”:2,
“Freemove Right Speed#”:“Freemove Right speed.”,
“Gear Select Button Hold”:true,
“Gear Select Button Hold#”:“Enable this option if using a gear select device that holds down a joystick button while in a gear and releases all buttons in neutral (such as the Act-Labs USB Shifter)”,
“HMD Fore/Aft Range”:0.15,
“HMD Fore/Aft Range#”:“Range to apply to fore/aft tracking or camera controls (0.35 = max, -0.35 = reversed max)”,
“HMD Left/Right Range”:0.15,
“HMD Left/Right Range#”:“Range to apply to left/right tracking or camera controls (0.35 = max, -0.35 = reversed max)”,
“HMD Up/Down Range”:0.15,
“HMD Up/Down Range#”:“Range to apply to up/down tracking or camera controls (0.35 = max, -0.35 = reversed max)”,
“Hardware 3Digit Display”:1,
“Hardware 3Digit Display#”:“If hardware has 3-digit display, 0=off, 1=gear, 2=speed”,
“Hold Flap Button”:false,
“Hold Flap Button#”:“whether you need to hold the flap button (as opposed to it acting as a toggle)”,
“Keyboard Brake”:0.5,
“Keyboard Brake#”:“rate for keyboard/digital brake (including front and rear handbrake) input”,
“Keyboard Clutch”:0.2,
“Keyboard Clutch#”:“rate for keyboard/digital clutch input”,
“Keyboard Flags”:5,
“Keyboard Flags#”:“Try 5 if there are issues with multimedia keys. Add to include flag: 1=foreground, 2=exclusive, 4=allow windows key”,
“Keyboard Layout Override”:1,
“Keyboard Layout Override#”:“0 = old custom behavior, 1 = try Windows conversion (default), 2+ = attempt to use one of the existing supported keyboard layouts”,
“Keyboard Power Demand”:2,
“Keyboard Power Demand#”:“rate for keyboard/digital power demand input”,
“Keyboard Release Func”:1,
“Keyboard Release Func#”:“How digital inputs are pulled towards zero: 0.0=classic linear method 1.0=non-linear method”,
“Keyboard Release Rate”:1,
“Keyboard Release Rate#”:“Multiplier for how fast digital inputs are pulled towards zero: 0.1=slow 10.0=fast”,
“Keyboard Steering”:0.01,
“Keyboard Steering#”:“rate for keyboard/digital steering input”,
“Keyboard Throttle”:0.5,
“Keyboard Throttle#”:“rate for keyboard/digital throttle input”,
“Power Demand Sensitivity”:1,
“Power Demand Sensitivity#”:“after all the controller effects including these sensitivities.”,
“Range From Vehicle”:true,
“Range From Vehicle#”:“Whether the Steering Wheel Range is automatically set based on the vehicle’s TurnsLockToLock parameter”,
“Realtime Controller Detection”:false,
“Realtime Controller Detection#”:“whether to check for new controllers while in realtime (0 to disable if it causes any problems)”,
“Reset FFB Time”:0,
“Reset FFB Time#”:“reset force feedback every X seconds (0 to disable)”,
“Reset Steering Wheel Range Time”:0,
“Reset Steering Wheel Range Time#”:“reset steering wheel range every X seconds (0 to disable)”,
“Speed Sensitive Steering”:0,
“Start Hardware Event Monitor”:true,
“Start Hardware Event Monitor#”:“Whether to try starting up and using 3rd-party hardware API(s) for the ability to set/get properties like steering wheel range that aren’t part of the standard DirectInput interface”,
“Steer Ratio Speed”:0,
“Steer Ratio Speed#”:“Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to disable)”,
“Steering Sensitivity”:1,
“Steering Sensitivity#”:“0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high. These are applied after other controller effects like deadzones, digital”,
“Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness”:20,
“Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness#”:“Harshness applied to bump stop when limiting steering wheel rotation, from 1.0 to 100.0, acts as a spring rate”,
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default”:1440,
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default#”:“Default maximum wheel range to use when not read from driver, from 40 to 1440 degrees”,
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver”:true,
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver#”:“Whether to read the steering wheel rotation from the wheel driver, if possible”,
“Steering Wheel Range”:576,
“Steering Wheel Range#”:“Degrees of steering wheel rotation, both visual and physical (if available)”,
“Steering Wheel Software Rotation”:true,
“Steering Wheel Software Rotation#”:“Whether to limit the maximum steering wheel rotation in software”,
“Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured”:1,
“Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured#”:“whether configuring neutral prevents sequential shifts into neutral from 1=1st, 2=reverse, 3=both, or 0=neither”,
“Throttle Sensitivity”:1,
“Throttle Sensitivity#”:“ramping, etc. In other words, the sensitivity is applied just before the input is applied to the”,
“Use Additional Hardware Features”:true,
“Use Additional Hardware Features#”:“Whether to use additional hardware features like steering wheel LEDs”,
“Use Analog Steering Rates”:false,
“Use Analog Steering Rates#”:“Whether to use the analog steering rate limiting (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)”,
“Use Keyboard Rates For Analog”:false,
“Use Keyboard Rates For Analog#”:“use keyboard/digital driving input rates to intentionally delay analog inputs (may be useful for gamepads)”

Here is the controller.json

Tomo at SRB recommended changing it 14amps to get a bit more out of the motor. Its works flawlessly for AC/iracing. Appreciate the comments about the inertia and damping. What should ingame settings be?

In game go to settings difficulty and make sure you have off:
steering help
braking help
opposite lock
spin recovery
stability control
auto shifting

Now for the controller.json . In order to make changes you must have the game closed and it’s launcher closed.

My reccomendation is to have

“Jolt magnitude”:0,

“Steering torque filter”:0,

I also prefer “Steering resistance type”:1, but you can test to see if you like it more, i sure do.

Now you have “Steering torque capability”:20,
for 14Amps on simucube it should be set 21.77 . If for example you were to set lower number than 20 for the same amps you whould feel that the center of the wheel is more heavy , and in general it whould be heavier , so it whould feel a bit better but you whould loose detail due to clipping forces. I can’t reccomend for the small mige since i haven’t done testing but you could also try other combinations of nm per amp. examples

8amp 12.44nm
9amp 14nm
10amp 15.55nm
11amp 17.11nm
12amp 18.66nm

But when you do such changes you whould also have to adjust the ffb per car to find the best tune.

Now another important factor when tuning ffb is to use the right content. Avoid mods from the workshop or individual downloads , and also avoid old Image Space Incorporated cars from the workshop ,like for an example the honda nsx. It’s best to try with cars and tracks from Studio 397.

I hope i didn’t confuse you.

another important part of the json is this:

“Steering resistance coefficient”:0.1,
“Steering resistance coefficient#”:“Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0”,
“Steering resistance saturation”:0.1,

but although i have done some testing , i can’t say that i have the best setting to propose so it’s up to you if you want to test other values , or if someone else has and will share them.

2 Likes