rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

Thanks for your detailed answer,
why rFactor2 is broken, with all others games, I have unlimlited torque, unlimited slew rate, and it works perfectly, I think rF2 is broken, for the others games, I don’t have to limit my SC2 pro I use the full potential without issue.

@Tony
rFacor2 is not broken, it got a very unique frequency response. I can only compare it to iRacing.
Sorry for the Picture Book i uploaded here, but it makes it a lot easier to explain. I will relesse a few posts…
The First Picture rF2.
red line-> frequency response of the FFB out of the game
blue line-> frequency response of the smoothed FFB (99 samples)
The Second picture iR.
red line->frequency response of the FFB out of the game(the 360Hz sample rate version)

Compare the shape of the signals! not the values! Only the Shape. Click a few times on the pictures to switch fast between them, that will make it easier to see. The frquency response of rF2 goes up 200Hz. iR maybe up 50Hz. The rF2 Signal is full of information, thats crazy. Also compare the smoothed FFB to FFB out of the game. The smoothed FFB and the normal FFB is in iR basicly the same… while in rF2 it is a huge difference.
rF2

iR

3 Likes

The First Picture rF2.
red line-> frequency response of the FFB out of the game
dark blue->frequency response of the FFB +slew rate(0.95Nm/ms)
The Second picture iR.
red line->frequency response of the FFB out of the game(the 360Hz sample rate version)
dark blue->frequency response of the FFB +slew rate(0.95Nm/ms)

The slew rate got close none impact on iRacing but a huge on rFactor2. That’s how i get rid of the curbs.

rF2

iR

2 Likes

thank you I will try tomorrow the slew rate settings, but If you use a low value, you should buy a sport version, not ultimate…

1 Like

i tried this and it feels better , at least with the ff cars that i tried.

Sorry I didn"'t try since the last post, I have no really motivation for the moment

1 Like

„And why do you reduce at -2.0db the 158hz frequency?“
-I build a ramp in every EQ-setup which do not touch below 10Hz, but lower the section between 10Hz and 100-150Hz! That’s KEY!!!

Can you show me your EQ for below 10hz, and 100-158hz ?
I have the motivation to start again rF2 with a slow slew rate value, I’m a bit disappointed to use my SC2 pro with a low slew rate value, cause I have bought it for the high value, and for all the others games, it works perfectly

I have to chime in here and say thank you, I’ve rekindled my love for sim racing with your rFactor 2 ffb preset.
It’s just exhilarating to drive now. I can go hard without fear of breaking my wrists.

1 Like

New SC2 Pro owner here :grinning:

I experience huge differences on FFB torque levels among stock content: GT3 and the Oreca LMP2 has excellent force feedback (TD 100%, In-game 100%, car-specific ~30%), while the Caddy DPi really lacks in FFB power (super light even at e.g. 60% car-specific level)
Do you guys experience the same or is it something really misconfigured on my end?

edit: i’m coming from the Fanatec CSW2.5 base without reinstalling the sim. I suspect that some car-specific FFB torgue levels have been cached but i haven’t been able to locate the culprits.

Each car has its “personality”. It depends on the car class, age, power steering, how the suspension works, the steering range and other stuff. I don’t think there are cached ffb settings, and if, then in the hardware, not the software

Thanks for the answer!

I’m experiencing the same “discrepancy” within the GT3 class as well, so there must be something config related.
I still have some things to try out: reset FFb button, creating a new game profile or reinstall it as a last resort…

Different GT3 type cars in rFactor2 are made in different times, for different DLC packs, by different development teams, so FFB implementation / parameters for different cars do differ a lot. rFactor2 is just not a consistent experience, quality varies in the official content nevermind all the mod content.

3 Likes

I’m very well aware of it, Mika!

My problem is that the difference is not just subtle: it’s huge! I cannot believe that certain cars require 2-2.5x force than others.
Additionally, i didn’t remember having the issue with my Fanatec CSW2.5 before.
Don’t get me wrong, i don’t think it’s something related to the SC2 Pro.

In the meantime, if anybody could compare the FFB levels for the Oreca LMP2 and the Caddy DPi, it would be of great help! :raised_hands:

For my SC2 Pro, I have 100% in TD and 65% FFB for the Oreca but 138% FFB for the Caddy Dpi. I usually use in rF2 the Oreca however.

1 Like

Thanks for the test, Tony, you rock!
I’m experiencing the same level of FFB difference, so it’s good to know if it’s not only on my end.

1 Like

It is normal that with a 7 Newton meter base you have not had this kind of problem,There are fewer differences between small forces and low forces that you can perceive.With a base that can develop 25 Newton meters, there are many more problems when cars are not made well, whether rf2 or Assetto Corsa. Rf2 is a game that I love but unfortunately as they have already told you there is no consistency between one car and another,And you are forced to make many variations…

This is a very good point! Real cars quality is also day and night, and so it’s in the games. AC, without all these 3d party cars and the most active modding community, imo wouldn’t be a real good game. Thank god its FFB model and the physics have a good basic.
It’s like you once said: hardware is more sophisticated, while most titles are just outdated. A company like Codemasters should think about doing a kind of special edition/simulation type of a title; maybe once in a while only. Kind of “made for steering wheels only”, while they could still throw a mainstream controller thing on the market.

1 Like

@Purple_Red Thank you very much for your settings. I tested them for 992 Cup car. I think these settings replicate very nicely hydraulic powersteering dampening effect. Just two questions: why do you use Static force reduction? It has nothing to do with the kurb ‘‘issue’’, right? And also why do you use Ultra low latency mode?

1 Like

Hi everyone. I have a Simucube 2 Pro and am trying to get rfactor2 set up with the BMW M2 to try the new online racing. But, I have two problems:

1. The FFB is just horrible. There is graininess, and harsh snaps, and incredible amounts of oversteer. I’ve tried numerous True Drive Online Profiles and made multiple changes in the FFB settings in rFactor2, but I just cannot get anything close to a realistic feel. It is sort of driving me crazy, and I am ready to just give up. Would anyone using the SC2 mind posting screenshots of their TD and rFactor2 settings?

2. Sometimes, when rFactor2 is started, the wheel buttons and paddles do not work. It takes restarts and eventually they work, but it is sporadic. Is there any way to just start rFactor2 and have everything work?

Thanks.

Chris

FFB is inverted by default, have you set Steering Feedback Strength to negative 100?