rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

Hey @SuperMonaco_gp I try your setting, the feel is good except when I run to the kerbs it just too much force for me, is there anyway I can reduce it?thanks

does anybody have a good profile for the Radical SR3 XX? The generic one I use for most rF2 cars feels really light and has a terrible oscillation/gap at the center of steering that is not on any other car I have tried in rF2.

Did u fix the heavy jolts issue? I try to modify the json file but no luckā€¦

I had excessive feedback from kerbs early on with my Pro. Iā€™m currently running 20Nm (and in game FFB at around 0.85 generally) and not having particular problems with that now - but which track/car combos are you struggling with? Thereā€™s a huge range of different behaviours depending on the car model - and track.

hi, I changed .json values and TD profile since last time, I will upload both later today

2 Likes

Iā€™ve definitely made it better following Mikaā€™s advice. In the JSON file, lower the maximum torque for the wheel and match it up to the max power in the true drive software.

For example, Iā€™m running 11Nm in True Drive (~45%power). Lower the max value to 11Nm in JSON and save it. Make sure you reload that file once you are in the game. I leave the in-game car strength at 1.00. There will be a little clipping with this method (some cars have clipping at 1.00), but that also helps reduce the heavy hits from curbs.

Iā€™m currently using the rf2 default sc2 sport profile now, I just edited some files for kerbs and other stuff, I also link my td profile, hope it helps
cheers
rFactor2_2020.11.09_19.02.ini.txt (877 Bytes) Simucube 2 Sport.JSON.txt (34.7 KB)

7 Likes

I have not raced rF2 for a year, so I did take a chance a run lap on Sebring, but the FFB felt lame, I guess some changes have been made.
What is the most recent and recommended profile the use?
Though, I have download @SuperMonaco_GP profile here and I will test it out now, but I am using the SC2 Pro version, maybe I should change some settings in the profile because of that?

I tested your profile, but the FFB feels like a concrete-drill, not sure if it should be like that :rofl:
Maybe there is a difference between the Pro and Sport version after all, or something went wrong with my settings. Or may be it is subjective. :wink:

1 Like

you need to edit max torque to 25 instead of 17 into json file

2 Likes

Thanks, I used the REV3 files, and default Pro profile, it feels much better now. :slight_smile:

I am playing nordschleife with mercedes gt3, the kerbs feel really harsh even I follow mikaā€™s advise, but in another car the kerbs definitely feels more comfortable. :joy:

Yeah agree. am using the slew rate to fine tune harsh shoulder ripping movements.

I tried built in SC2Pro profile in Truedrive and rFactor, I experience a concrete drill kind of jolt on Sebring with ingame car ffb at 0.5. This is such a hard game to find a good config for. I guess in game ffb force adjustment is not possible in rFactor? Iā€™m pretty new to all this and tried a few config files from this forum and youtube, but canā€™t make up my mind on what works the best. Raceroom works pretty good out of the box.

strange, since r3e is well known to be the most hard sim to tune for dd wheelsā€¦

1 Like

Sebring has historically been renowned for being one of the harshest, bumpiest track surfaces in real life - nasty old concrete! You might actually be getting close to realityā€¦l :laughing:

(More) seriously though - Iā€™m finding that thereā€™s a huge difference in feel in rf2 with the SC2 depending upon which car model you are using - have you tried a different style of vehicle at the same track?

It was the ffb multiplier being too strong, I reduced it to 0.3 for the porsche gt3. I use one of your previous config files in rFactor 2 @SuperMonaco_GP and it is great!

You wrote going back to stock? Did you change much with the latest files you posted? Iā€™ll try those out this evening.

RaceRoom feels less responsive to me than rF2 but better than AC. rF2 is just hard to set up in general.

Hi all, I have the simucube2 pro and found that at 90 degrees on the rfactor2 steering wheel the simucube2 pro steering wheel is not in the exact same position. The degrees in rfactor2 are set at 450. What do I need to do to exactly match both steering wheels? Thank you.IMG_20201201_121104|374x500

you need to have the same degrees of rotation in your controller.json and true drive and some other settings aswell. so start with uploading your json to check it.

to give you an idea check those values in json (game and launcher must be closed if you want to change those values)

ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driverā€:false,

ā€œSteering Wheel Software Rotationā€:true,

ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation Defaultā€:900, or 1440 or whatever but it has to be the same in truedrive . I think the default for simucube 2 is 900.

In game tick Vehicle set.

1 Like

Thank you very mach for you fast responce, I made exactly the settings you indicated to me, but unfortunately nothing changed when I have the steering wheel range of the rfactor2 450 degrees. Only if I put 390 degrees in the steering wheel range of the rfactor2 do the two steering wheels exactly coincide.