rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

rfactor2/userdata/controller

And it will load the Jason file and that ini file at the same time?

no, you need to put the file into the controller folder and then load it once ingame, if not the file wonā€™t be used. the ini file is the TD profile, you have to import it into TD.
keep in mind dor in the file are at 1440, so TD must be also set to 1440. you can edit the value as you like tho.

1 Like

new rF2 TD profile (SC2 Sport)
rF2 -test-_2020.09.29_16.48.ini.txt (880 Bytes)
note : I changed dor to 900Ā° - before it was 1440Ā° - so the value should be changed accordingly into the .json file. as always, I suggest to set ingame ffb multiplier not higher than 50/55 depending on the car.

1 Like

Just wanted to share that iā€™ve testing with reconstruction filter 6 and car specific FFB mult. to 0.15-0.20 and this seems to be a very good ground and probably the best feeling so far (for me). Rest is same as before.
Cheers.

1 Like

Holy crap I have been trying to get the wheel rotation to match the screen for a couple of hours now and no luck. I have followed all of the directions here. json files are correct, made the changes when everything was closed, even the a launcher. Pulling my hair out. rF2 drives me freaking crazy with this kind of stuff haha.

upload your json to check

1 Like

Good afternoon all,

Iā€™m new to DD wheels, but Iā€™ve been reading a lot of this forum and experimenting a bit. Using the default TD profile and the controller JSON profiles documented on this thread I am finding a really good FFB from rf2 as-is. Though that might not be very representative.

What I would like to check with @SuperMonaco_GP is whether the tweak of scaling steering torque capacity to 1/10 still applies or is still required on an up-to-date rf2?
Iā€™m on a SC2 pro, so Iā€™d check with 2.5 instead of 1.7. Also should these changes be applied to the playerā€™s controller.json file (I reckon so)?

Cheers, Pedro.

1 Like

hi, the scaling of 1/10 was an attempt to tame rf2 ffb with the td profile i was using when I suggested it, but after that I changed td profile and returned to the standard value of wheel force (or whatever itā€™s called) in the json file. so I am not using it anymore in my latest file.

Many thanks, that makes sense.

1 Like

Has anyone recently had problems with FFB ā€˜Centre resetsā€™ mid race?

I was racing online last night - probably close to 90 minutes or more in total using a car/track combination that needs a lot of use of the kerbs.

Probably 5 or 6 times, after bouncing across kerbs heavily, the FFB added a fairly strong pull (to the right, I think) while subsequently trying to maintain a straight course back on track. There was no car damage, before you ask - and a quick press of the in+game ā€˜FFB resetā€™ mappable control restored order.

I have had this once or twice before in the few weeks Iā€™ve had my Pro but never with the frequency of last night.

FWIW, I had updated TD and firmware to the latest versions immediately before the raceā€¦

That often happens, When steering assistant is on. Itā€™s automatic on with fresh rf2 install.

All assistance is turned off. This force was a constant pull anyway - not the kind of variable nudging (I think) you get from idiot-aids.

Iā€™ll be testing again on Tuesday anyway.

Ahh. Yeah rf2 can be rough get to work correctly for alot of people:/ Hope you find a solution

check your json for

Rumble strip magnitude

Rumble strip pull factor

i would start with setting them to 0 if they are not , but for pull factor you could go even lower up to -1.5

1 Like

Or if u press F1 by mistake :smile:

Haha yeah that can be abit shocking for sure :smiley:

Is the JSON link in the TrueDrive software the latest? Iā€™ve tried it, but the rotation doesnā€™t seem to line up and Iā€™m also having a hard time figuring out how to tone down the heavy jolts from this game.

Adding more damping (SC2) should reduce the jolts but, altering the json may be needed if that doesnā€™t work or if you prefer to run at high torque levels.

Regarding the rotation issues, I find that 1440 is the magic number where auto-steer-lock and the virtual wheel all work properly in rF2. I would think that is the default but, I could be wrong.

I think some of the excessive jolts is coming from rFactor2 physics model, and altering the steering torque capability in the json file to lower level will reduce the jolts while still not causing clipping. Iā€™ve heard this same feedback from many different sources now.

2 Likes