Replacing Simucube Board

Just a bit of background information:

IONI does give the serial encoder read failed error (770xxx) if there is no serial data encoder installed.
If you swap a sincos or quadrature encoder -configured IONI to a system with BiSS encoder, there will be no error, as there is no error checking in the IONI to see if the shaft is turning during phase search routine in sincos or quadrature encoder modes. This is why the swapped IONIs “work but do not register steering input”.

@Mika

So after investing I noticed the earth pin 1 bent,

It’s snapped off and do not have any spares I have done a terrible job of connecting the two pins with a wire and screwing the rest.

This would explain the wiring problem maybe,

Now I have two fault codes

I have attached some pictures for reference,

Would there be a way to test with a volt meter that the wiring and motor are ok, or do I need to buy a new encoder.

If the wiring job worked would I be able to config the motor with the set up I have now

Thanks

Your hv bus voltage still reports 37.3 , so that means that you most likely haven’t set your psu back at 48v hence you get the undervoltage error.

@Mika,

as seen by the pictures sent previously, I have a failed pin on the encoder side,

I am struggling to find a replacement part for this,

could you recommend the source for replacement part / repair kit + new cable
The encoder on this motor is

JKD-4-22PF-G05BL-B-0.3M

I believe I need to swap this part and re flash the IONI Board and set the PSU Voltage correctly to get
this sim working.

Thank You

That is a BiSS-C encoder. I believe you could try to source that and a new cable from Lisa Zhan at Mige (that is, from China), but I do not know her current email address that would work.

@Mika

I managed to contact her and now have the part,

I have a problem removing the old one, I have removed the two small side screws and the larger center screw,

But I can still not pull it off, do I need to apply more pressure or is there another way of doing this?

Please advise what’s best to do, iv attached video showing part not coming off

Thank you

There is a how to change encoder video on Sim Racing Bay’s Youtube channel.

@Mika

Thank you, I found the video, will try the larger bolt to push off encoder method.

I wanted to ask, 3/8 or are simulators will always fail connecting to make the buttons work,

The only method is to turn off Simucube power refresh searched devices and turn on the wheel, a few times j till it connects.

As the problem is 100% like this all the time, is there a bug or some thing we can try and do for it to connect without running into this issue every day.

Thanks

Is it possible that the wheels are connecting to other simucubes in your location? You can enable the audible notification beeps, the motor will beep when a wheel is connected.

@Mika

Is there a way I can completely delete and all devices it’s ever connected to and connect to the correct Simucube, I think you are correct with it trying to connect on another device.

Do we have a way to name the transmitter as some are names and others are just Bluetooth code ID

Thanks

No. The pairing information is stored both on the wheel and in the wheel base, and the API we have for this, does not have “forget everything” option.

No. That feature is available in the wireless wheel programming tool and software that we sell to wheel manufacturers. However the wheels definitively shouldn’t be named as some basic bluetooth IDs; the default name for a wheel is “Unnamed BP”.

@Mika

Thanks video worked,

Encoder has been replaced

Plugged in the new cable

Turned on Simucube Configuration

Get the following error messages

I did try configure motor button and hardware set up page, it turns wheel 90 dev right back to Center x2 then stops

And fails

I have attached current settings of motor settings

Please could you advise what I need to do / settings update to have the wheel work

New simcube Board, new Power supply , new encoder, new USB Cable,

It should have everything it needs to work

Motor seems to do the phasing routine, but then stops. The servo drive will use a lot of current (maximum specified) when it does the phase search. You have an undervoltage fault visible, so the power supply was not strong enough.

You have 10 A as maximum continuous current and 20 A as maximum peak current. Reduce these and then do the motor configuration wizard again. If you have a small Mige motor, then the correct values should be roughly 8 A and 12 A.

-Mika

@Mika

Thanks for the info,

I changed the value from 10. To 8.

And it seem to be successful, however

After I turned the wheel a few times I get the error message

140403 -

I have attached photos of the motor and screen shot of current settings,

Please could you advise what other settings need to be update for wheel to work.

I think it’s a 10nm motor as seen in the images

Thanks

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Fault_location

140403 is overspeed fault. Increase the overspeed fault tolerance parameter so that it says around 6 rev/s next to it.