Recommended settings on Raceroom 2020

Herve45,

Thanks, that did help a lot! Most critical was the “ffb slip freq multiplier”, great!

Now RaceRoom is driveable again, so that’s awesome.

It’s quite clear they have work to do on the FFB. Effects that come in & out of windows that are weird etc…

On another note: Seems the engine vibrations must have been zero’ed out in my last .rcs file, so not related to the 2020.3 FW.

1 Like

@EsxPaul
@kledsen has no vibrations and you have vibrations. Isn’t it the truedrive version that is at issue?

1 Like

I had a lot of vibrations even with slip effects at 1% but I am still on the previous sc2 firmware, not the latest one

We are talking about the same Direct Input filters over Assetto Corsa topic… Something is off with TD filters

That could be a possibility but I don’t think I will update my TD version just to be able to use more slip effect as I’m not a fan of the canned effects and would probably still have it set to 1% or lower anyway.

My biggest problem is the overall feeling and sensation of having different FFB ‘channels’ switching in and out as @kledsen just described.

3 Likes

For test
Before
FFB steer force rear grip exponent=“1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.

after
FFB steer force rear grip exponent=“0.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.

1 Like

With my simucube 1 small mige and biss-c

My old rcs

My new rcs

I agree, no fan of those canned things either. Don’t even understand why anybody would use them these days… Seems to be both not as simple to program correctly(since they need to work together or even along non-canned effects) and also a huge source of potential issues, since the execution of the calculations are then happening potentisally in multiple places: FW/Driver/Sim.

I am wondering if maybe the FW in SimuCube2 has some max number of simultanous effects or maybe they are not added correctly?
Or maybe RaceRoom use them in some way that is a little outside of the norm…
It could just be so many things…

Here’s hoping RaceRoom just ditch them asap! Could that be so hard, really?

1 Like

they will never change something that apparently works great on every low-mid range wheel, no sense in modifying something for the 5% of users that harms the remaining 95%.
that’s why R3E will never change.

Hopefully “never” will not happen 8) But I hear you.
In time all wheels will be direct drive(or similar or even better) & they might as well take that ordeal on sooner rather than later.

But they would also prob. be right to focus on the online things & ratings if they are to stay in business for years to come anyway.

So we are back to maybe the issue being with TrueDrive/FW & hopefully it can at least be made to work as it should.

Same here, slip works as it should with default profile.

Do engine vibrations work for you also?
So they don’t come in & go away, but stay on?

Didn’t try it, it’s off by default. This is Forza effect anyway, and belongs to transducers, not FFB.

ahh, ok, had no idea that was the original application 8)
(Maybe they should then call it something else & not put it under the FFB menu)

Thanks!

new update today, found this in the changelog

3 Likes

Is anyone modifying the stationary friction numbers in the .rcs?

I retried yesterday with the newly provided profile but the stationary friction is way too high. I also don’t like the way it turns off like a switch when you pull away.

I tried moving the TD direct input friction slider to zero but it had no effect.

FFB stationary friction=“0.1” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
it helped me

1 Like

It’s damping, not friction. Set it to 0.
After recent update these settings work a treat.
They seem to mostly fixed pesky oscillation. I am able to drop ULC to 15% now.
Still not an AC but better than before.
All these sliders interacting with each other and affecting feedback feel are ridiculous. Just feed data from physics engine. After playing back and forth I decided pretty much stay at stock profile settings except lowered Slip effect.

There is one area I don’t like, how wheel jerks on vertical suspension movements, I believe it’s called bump steer, it’s way too pronounced.

1 Like

Thanks @yaxa and @Andrew_WOT for the tips and guidance. I’ll give them all a try.

Andrew, I completely agree with your observations regarding the interaction of the various FFB channels and also the bump steer.

The wheel springing back and fourth as you exit a slow corner and ride over small bumps in the road is way overdone and gives the impression that each car is more softly sprung than it really is.

I much prefer the ACC approach of them calculating everything as one with no compromise. You pretty much get given a gain slider and that’s it. They calculate the forces with the data and you decide how much strength you want.

I have tried to tame it playing with sliders in R3E but seems like Periodic Sine may have something to do with that as well, as I am pretty sure it’s almost gone with it at 0%, but the rest of FFB was affected as well and not in a good way, so not sure. Anyway, my current settings. If anyone finds a way to fix bump steer, please share with the rest of the class. :slight_smile:

1 Like