New wheel at Simracingbay

Would be nice to know compatibility with other rims besides Momo Mod 30.
Of may be Tomo can post 1:1 buttonbox pdf template so anyone can print and check fit against specific rim.

Well I got screwed on the wheel because it didn’t get delivered but the button box is top quality. Very happy so far. Be nice if I had the rim to use it. :wink: That isn’t his fault though.

2 Likes

So they come in different shipments?
Any pic to show?:wink:

Yes because the rim is bigger is my guess. Not yet but I will when I get it together. Especially for the money im not disappointed at all. The button box alone could sell for what he gets.

3 Likes

I just Order mine :grin:

BTW this will be my first wheel

2 Likes

Very nice price, it looks essentially like copy of Ascher’s B16L-SC.
Questioning myself after placing order, is it just to help unloading batch of getting obsolete wireless modules?

2 Likes

As someone who just ordered a couple of Cube wheels, is that an issue with a particular batch, or ongoing? If ongoing, uh oh…

From comparison in the pics that Greg over at iRacing just posted it definitely is not an exact copy of the Ascher.

I did ask Tomo and he said the mounting pattern for the shifters is the same as the Asher. So if you like Martin’s shifters better it would be an easy swap.:grinning:

Anybody know if the old Kyle shifters are the same mounting patterns as the Aschers?2600284

3 Likes

Wow, is Martin’s plate really that much bigger?
Wondering if that creates issues mounting other rims otherwise compatible with B16L.
Will know next week when it arrives.

BTW, on web site Ascher’s plate look different from pictured. I think it’s M model, not L.

The Martin plate in the pic might be the earlier design. So hard to keep up with everything these days!

Yeah be sure to let me know what you think.
I want one really bad, but I also have reservation on the VRS wheel and not much $$.
Just my luck I order a wheel from Tomo and a few days later the VRS is ready for payment! LOL

Andrew you are right Tomo’s plate is quite similar to B16L but smaller which explains as well its lightness, 300gr instead of 700gr of Martin’s. That maybe of course play a role in its pricing as well. Being lighter is definitely an advantage but puts a question mark on its rigidity. However since its all aluminum i doubt there is going to be any such issue. One more thing i realized when i got the B16L is that i had to change drastically the ffb settings as the additional 700gr gave a very different and sluggish feeling compared to having no button box at all. Being so much lighter in weight must definitely be a plus.
Also i believe you should be ok with different wheels as long they are a bit curved as actually there is a lot of space between the buttons and the wheel in B16L. See the pic

One issue could be the paddles if you go with the wheel over 32cm. The one i have in the pic is 33cm.

1 Like

Ordered this morning will be swapping wheel for a Turn R20. Looks a solid buy at the price

First impressions from last nights testing in AMS2 is this is a very nice wheel. Rim looks very similar maybe the same as the Simracing coach wheel its replacing. The wireless has the highest reception of any wheel I have so that works great. Constant 80 no matter where its turned. I can only say I have zero complaints and love the wheel. This is exactly the kind of wheels we need to make DD more attractive to new comers. Sure super expensive wheels have a place but this is still a super high quality piece for the money. Great job Tomo!!!

2 Likes

I got mine yesterday and mounted it to my Sparco P310. Works great. Build quality is amazing. Shifters feel great. Very solid. Only nit pick is the encoders aren’t great, but they work and have push button functionality. The wireless part works great. The wheel that comes with it is very nice quality. NO flex to it. Looks the board is expandable with more button inputs. They might make a funky switch design in the future. Very pleased with it, especially for the price. Cheaper than any other metal body box I have seen and comes with a free wheel :wink:

7 Likes

Do you guys think the Button Box will work with the TURN R20 WHEEL?

I would think it would work just fine.

BB Pro 32 now sold out, new wheel design coming August

1 Like

I’ve been using the SRB GT3 wheel exclusively for a few months now and have never had any wireless related issues, as far as you can tell driving with it, it’s wired up

1 Like

That is a real nice wheel,
Glad it is working great for you. The wireless system on these seems like it is working well
I ended up going with a USB connection on mine, Still waiting for that, but no big deal as my SC2 probably won’t be shipped till late August early September from what the reseller is saying. If I buy another wheel that particular wheel is high on the list. How are the buttons and encoders on that wheel ?

the buttons are top shelf on it, the encoders are the only weak spot on the whole thing imo, a bit on the plastic-y and vague side but ultimately they work and do the job you need them to. I think they suffer from being right next to the buttons though, hard to live up to them by comparison. Rest of the wheel is awesome though, really nice suede on the rim, nice size and shape of the rim, super stiff wheel overall and the perfect size, nice paddles too.

1 Like