New wheel at Simracingbay

I could up the rate on which the HID reports are being read from the device, but that would consume more CPU :wink:

2 Likes

That’s fine really, I was freaked out at first to see how many misses I have but CM showed them all working just fine. Not sure how it does it though without consuming much if any CPU.
That TD overview page with wheel graphics is problematic in general, high CPU usage, stuttery image, and even stock wheel image is truncated for me, could be buggy Qt5 library widget.

1 Like

Wheel image for use in True Drive app. Save as wheelimage.png copy to the \wheels directory of your latest TrueDrive installer location

wheelimage

5 Likes

there is still stock at SimRacingMachines, even though it is a bit more pricey than the SRB one. but I guess this will be the price of next batches anyway…
https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/sim-racing-bay-wireless-wheel-for-sc2

1 Like

Just in case you missed that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

SRB BB Ultra v.3 + Fanatec Porsche wheel
I wish It was lighter, 730g with shifters, plus rim and SQR for a total of 2030grams

5 Likes

Looking very good Alfye20.

Yes, weight of ButtonBox (with shifters) is around 730g. I think its spot on as most of the weight is near the center.

I did check few steering rims on quick, here are results:

Sparco P310: 690g
Sportline Competition 300: 760g
Sportline Competition 300 (cuted top version): 620g
GT3 wheel (rim only): 550g

4 Likes

Thanks for that list!
Your complete GT3 wheel is in the same leage as some carbon fiber ones, awesome!

By the way, your BB Ultra is great! My concern was due to false expectations and not knowing the weight of my DIY BB, because after changing it with your BB Ultra, the total wheel weight (Rim+BB+QR) has hardly changed (MyBB 2080g vs BBUltra 2026)
No weight gain, but excels in every other way!

I did some research too and the major weight problem comes from the SQR with 440grams. I can save up to 200g if I remove the spacer and use one of the SQR rev1 70mm adapters with threaded holes. Only need shorter screws.

1 Like

The weight near the center of the axis (Quick Release, and the button box also) has no effect on the FFB feel due to very very small changes to inertia. However the size and weight of the wheel rim itself has more effect.

2 Likes