New product announcement speculation

C’est rassurant, merci :sourire:.

That was me. That wasn’t meant as a criticism. But there is a real problem with exceeding 1000hz and frame rate tanking so would be nice to have a fix one way or the other seeing as how other wheels handle it.

I happen to agree about the SC2P. I can not imagine another wheel having such an advantage that I’d ever feel like I wanted to upgrade from this. Maybe if I was buying new or this one died, sure, but really the SC2P does it.

No doubt, HW is the top of the world, but with the limitations of FFB signal from all modern sims (with the exception of ACC of course :grinning:), it’s a SW that can really set one wheelbase apart from the competitors. Because honestly Argon OSW, SC1, and SC2 are not really world apart in FFB feel.
If we can move away from that limitation by adding effects from telemetry, it can be a groundbreaking FFB evolution with pretty much unlimited tuning possibilities.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how this must feel. The first time I realized what power already my Sport has, my hair stood on end

When you see my earlier comments I was quite logic. But the longer we were left fishing in the dark, the more our fantasies skyrocketed.
if you leave everything uncommented, most people tend to fear something negative

Fair point :wink:

But anyway, it is ~as I mentioned above, Asetek just purchased IP at a specific time in the life of SC2. So no fear or worries there, guys!

2 Likes

Beano, i am pretty sure that most if not all of our speculations and conspiracy theories are just for fun/amusement and maybe to stimulate/fish some info from GD for the announcement. At the same time, for some of us to also express to Devs what we would like to see getting improved. There have been previously some talks on a new SW but for months this has been silent. I am also quite certain that at least 99% of us who bought an SC2 know that we have the best DD hardware.

1 Like

I was curious first, then it became an economic and strategic issue, and then, in an exponential surge, became a conspiracy theory of its own… shame on me.
On the other hand, one cannot ask every group to wait like sheep to see if the shepherd comes or the wolf.
This community just has too many critical members for that, which I think is a good thing. We’re not new customers who just sit there wide-eyed for weeks until Christmas.

3 Likes

I honestly could never understand the purpose of those teasings.
Laughed at TM with their endless DD wheel teasing that started few years ago, no less, just to be beaten by Logitech out of the blue announcing their product and beating them to the market.

@Panschoin: You couldn’t be further ftom the truth with the first part of your comment :slight_smile:

Anyway, this is the speculation thread, but I will stop teasing. Not long to go, hang in there.

After seeing Simucube ig story my bet is a SC branded rig, or at least a SC specific front mount.

1 Like

True Force from what I understand is a vibration effect… Not acual telemetry based… It is like attaching a Vibration Puck to your wheel (which alot of sim manufacturers do and is a ligitimate way of transmitting chassis vibration that would normally go through the steering column to the wheel) it uses the Audio signal for this reproduction…

Are you saying that it’s just a transducer inside, not so sure about that, but who knows, still where the vibration comes from if not from telemetry.
Boosted Media really liked it

Was and is my bet: a rig… nice to see you back!

1 Like

No, from what I understand they use the motor to recreate what a transducer would through the wheel. It is done merged in the software… So while its not actually telemetry based it is much like say simvibe routed through the wheel motor… again from what I understand iRacing supports it through the built in LFE system, but it is not supported through a telemetry link…

I can attest though that an LFE Chassis transducer on the “(Steering Column) Wheel mount in our case” can give some pretty nice effects so essentially you can recreate this granted for more $$ with an LFE system and a regular DD. Prolably in a better in a sense as they are separated, but Yea it is a really good effect as it more mimics reality. it gives much better immersion than messing with the actual telemetry from the Game as you aren’t interpreting or altering the Game engine output.

Of course they started this with the G920 but the direct drive given the speed of response should make it much better really in the combined solution sense. I still think separate is probably better but this was a pretty ingenious solution as running through sound is much easier to be more universal as well than having to access every games telemetry… then they leave it up to the game to output an actual LFE channel system… Notice iRacing released that system around the time the G920 came out… I don’t think that is a coincidence…

1 Like

Where does SW stands for?

Its used for software

Hello to all,
I found the change revolutionary, GD will make possible the compatibility of SC2 on consoles, :smile: :clap:admit that it would be revolutionary. :grinning:

It’s Sunday night, I’m relaxed and in a good mood. And all of a sudden, my French neighbour is killing me with news from doomsday :penguin::sob:

1 Like

Yes it is Sunday I am also in a good mood:sourire:

2 Likes

What is your definition of “not long”? Hours, days, weeks, months, years?