Motor fault fault location ID: 0

Hi,

I keep getting the following error : fault location ID: 0 on my simucube 2 sport.

Any ideas what this could be?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis

There was another user that had a similar fault. It seemed to point towards a faulty E-stop switch although I don’t know if that was confirmed.

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/brand-new-simucube-2-pro-2-days-old-with-fault-location-id-0/4735

Hi Dennis,

Over the phone my supplier asked me to unscrew the E-Stop and attach the two wires in the E-Stop to the same terminal. That did not produce any results. He then asked me to return the E-Stop and Simucube 2 pro. I am still waiting for the return of my Simucube 2 pro and the E-Stop.

1 Like

thanks all, I’m in contact with simracingbay to get this resolved.
They have send me a replacement e-stop to see if this is the issue.

Hi,

Sorry for not posting sooner its been hectic…
Revieved a new e-stop but now getting other errors

Hope someone can help

Regards,

Dennis

The other error (FOV) is a bogus fault and it has been removed in 2020.4 release.

There seems to be something else than the e-stop button in the unit.

Hi Mika,

What can I do?

Regards,

Dennis

We are thinking of whether it would be possible to do a remote debugging session with you. But we need to think about whether we would find and fix this for you with such session. I will let you know.

Hi Dennis,

Can you show a picture of how your e-stop cable is wired - does it pass any possible high current / electromagnetic noise sources?

Also, please make sure you are not wiggling the wheel in any way when you start the Simucube. Turning the wheel before the system has initialized can cause an initialization fault.

Hi Mika,

For now it’s just on the floor for testing.

What do you mean by electro magnetic sources?

Regards,

Dennis

We are thinking about whether something in you setup would cause the torque button signal to be somehow bad quality, as the fault we are seeing would happen if there were glitches in the torque off button signal during the servo drive initialization. But, the servo drive initialization is not especially strict in this regard during the initialization.

Can you try to loop the estop-button wire and place the button as close to the rear of the motor as possible? this would eliminate some possibility that this would be external to the Simucube 2.

Sure will try. Will let you know when done.

Hi,

I’ve managed to get it working again and upgraded to the latest firmware.
Haven’t seen the error will test for a couple of days with different positions for the e-stop.
What could cause EMI?

Thanks

Dennis

I had this error yesterday. I checked the estop button 3 times, the power supplies and nothing was wrong, but the error persisted there.

The problem solved when I switched off, and turn on.

Is the first time that I happened me.

cheers