Mancave uk unboxing review

Whyyyy… Does God mock me like this…
1 found 1 adaptor(13Amp fuse) so I will get another one ordered.

Please don’t use that even tho its a 13 amp . It needs to be earthed that’s what you need the plugs I showed you as you will see two brass bits top and bottom need to fit in and touch them to earth . If you use a plug like that it’s not earthing

Really.
Damn it. Just ordered another of the same. Thanks for warning me Andy.
I just wish they had included 2 with the servo kit.

Mine came with both UK and EU Leads!! Ordered from simracingbay

1 Like

For the leads, we have first hand experience that the leads for other plug types just end up in the waste. So it is more environmentally friendly to supply just the EU leads from the factory where the largest market is, at the moment.

Personally, I do not know how UK leads for PCs etc look like. Is there the same issue that everyone just gathers up the unused leads when you buy a new PSU or whatever?

Hoping Jed’s do too!

Mine came from Jed and had the EU power cables.

1 Like

Also From Jed.
His order page states " with country specific power leads" and Im guessing thats because like all of us, Jed more them likely assumed the factory would of included UK spec 3 pin psu cables ro both EU and UK or even just EU to UK adaptors so as to cover both options.

Usually if items are for the UK Market you would expect the manufacturer to supply the correct UK Spec plug or adaptor.

Its not a massive issue but just abit bit of a downer when you buy something and set up only to then findout its not got the correct spec plugs, so you have to then order complete new leads or adaptors and We all like to be able to play with our new toys as soon as there setup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

EsxPaul,
The Meanwell Psu is rated a 48v 280W 5.84A output, so would it safe/ok to use 10A fuse ?

Heres a place I just found with the correct UK spec leads for the SC2 Pro Psu.

http://www.cablewarehouse.co.uk/display_category.php?cat_id=5&gclid=CILCkaz32uICFQiI1Qodb7UB1Q

I don’t remember seeing that on Jed’s webpage but then again I’m always viewing them from a tablet rather than a pc.

I think maybe I was taking my information from the simucu.be site and that’s why I was aware that EU spec plugs were being supplied.

With that in mind I had already ordered a couple of replacement plugs a few weeks in advance.

Like you say, pretty frustrating if you don’t get to play with the new toy straight away!

1 Like

To be quite honest with you, I just looked at the EU plugs that were supplied and they had 10A written on them.

Not scientific at all so perhaps we should both wait for a more official answer before jumping in.

I’m still waiting on some pedals so although my SC2 is fitted and wired up, I haven’t powered it up or used it yet.

I don’t want you to have any mishaps so perhaps we should hold fire until someone with better knowledge confirms this :slightly_smiling_face:

I never even checked when ordering either (But checking now it does say that) I just assumed it would come with UK plug or EU-to UK adaptors.
Like we say, not the end of the world just a mild pain and if I had known beforehand I could of ordered the correct UK cables I needed before my new toy had arrived. :slight_smile:

I found the psu for sale on a site and the recommended cable was rated at 6A with a 5A Fuse. https://www.powersuppliesonline.co.uk/power-adapters/gst280a48-c6p-280-32w-48v-5-84a-power-adapter.html

1 Like

Good find, thank you!

I was also just looking over the Meanwell spec sheet and it states the input current at 1.5A.

Looks like I might well have made a mistake with my fuse choice. Clearly, I’m no electrician!

Better to play safe with a much lower rated fuse. I’d rather you blew a fuse and not your shiny new SC2.

1 Like

INPUT = 4.5A
OUTPUT = 5.84A

1 Like

I contacted Jed last week and he was supposed to supply UK power leads. He said he would post them, so just waiting to receive them now.

3 Likes

Why dealers cannot supply their region specific power cords or even let specify region during checkout? Adapters are lame, add bulk, and not that safe.

1 Like

my unbox Sc2 Sport in Spain

Hi All,

I am expecting my SC2 pro to be delivered on Friday, also purchased from Jed, I messaged him regarding this to clarify what plug is included, and it seems the EU plug is only included. What is the best solution wire the plugs/ purchase correct power cables/ plug adapters ?

Would this be suitable

Brennenstuhl pl11280 1508533 Travel Adapter Earthed https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001L2UN6C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_s3VGDbQE9VHP3

It’s cheaper and cleaner to change the mains plug imo.

I have just posted about this subject with a link to the plugs here:
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/sc2-pro-uk-power-supply/3450/2?u=esxpaul