iRacing and Simucube 2

Yes drive what you feel comfortable with but also understand that due to the scaling of force iRacing uses with linear some things may be lost at low force levels… I ended up at .6:1 based on the remembered fatigue levels I received after driving for a similar amount time in a car of similar nature to an iRacing vehicle… I know just by the nature of the way modeling and iRacing is done that there are too many differences in the Simulated car to a Real life car to say oh these feel the same or even should feel the same and the biggest difference is the Tires, which even if the car is modeled perfectly the tires are their OWN entity and even in real life you can put massively sticky tires on a prius and pull over a G in the corners (exaggeration yes, but tires are one of the biggest things that change a cars handling and steering feel). So technically iRacing could be calculating everything correct for their cars with their tires, but it doesn’t always seem to transfer exactly to the real life counterparts.

I hate to say it but when people make statements like this I find it a HUGE exaggeration and if True I would really like to see video of this happening… In my running of race cars and race prepped cars even those with power steering took more than that to turn the car and even if they could you would still be using a lot of force through your three fingers, forearm, shoulders… ect… Granted I have not driven a real 488 GT3… but from experience… well as I said…

Hello,

Next time I drive this exact same car I make a video about this .

2 Likes

what is the best way to get the most from simucube2? I have a pro.

1. should i set up everything in iracing to 25NM and TD setup the desirable feedback (50% example ) ?
  2. will this be the case to avoid clipping and get the most from pro?

I have recently changed from 100% in TD and low setting in iRacing to 55% in TD and higher setting in iRacing. Also, I lowered the filters in TD. It feels great now for me, and it doesn’t break my wrist when I crash :wink:

3 Likes

I will always say that iR@30Nm and TD@12Nm it is not the same as iR@60Nm and TD@24Nm, is not so equal by my feelings.
Being the first option that send better info to SC2, better centering forces and better overall feeling.

1 Like

thats my approach also. Feeling great

are we saying the right approach is maximum the 25NM in iracing ( mine is a pro 25NM ) and whatever you feel right in TD will get the most of it from our product?

Anyone from Simucube can answer or advice on this topic please?

Thank you

Optimum is to adjust the maximum strength from True Drive to whatever the Driver wants to experience at maximum, and then the FFB strength in game so that the forces do NOT clip. In most cars, the 45 Nm or thereabouts is enough.

The wheel force slider in iRacing is only used by iRacing if you use the automatic FFB strength adjustment in game (not recommended) , and does not affect the FFB feel.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a copy of this profile “Bakkerud RX profile” I must have deleted it by accident.

You can re-add it via the Add Profile button.

1 Like

Hi Mika
Thanks for your reply.
I will try your numbers and see how it feels.

but how about the following setting base on your advice
1: The auto seems grey out, soI set the wheel force slider to 25NM anyway.
2: The FFB strength ( max force slider ) in game if it is for DO NOT CLIP, why dont we put it to maximum anyway? the bigger number means maximum or smaller value means maximum I am not sure about, but smaller NM ( 25nm in my case ) give me much more feedback
3: TD strength will do last for our favourite

I am looking for the right way to set this up to get the most ( no clipping if possible ) out of it.

Needs your expertise on this , i am a little confuse in iracing
Thank you

1: The auto seems grey out, soI set the wheel force slider to 25NM anyway.

• The automatic FFB adjustment becomes available in iRacing only some time after you have started driving, as it collects data and tries to guess where the correct level is that will not cause clipping of FFB. The wheel force slider is an input to that so that it does not accidentally put too strong settings.

2: The FFB strength ( max force slider ) in game if it is for DO NOT CLIP, why dont we put it to maximum anyway? the bigger number means maximum or smaller value means maximum I am not sure about, but smaller NM ( 25nm in my case ) give me much more feedback

• Yes, the Nm value is the clipping point. For example, if car is outputting 25 Nm and your strength slider is at 25 Nm in game, then 100% (25/25) is output to the wheel, and all stronger forces than 25 Nm will be output at 25 Nm, causing loss of FFB feeling (clipping) in those situations. If the strength slider is at 50 Nm, there will be overhead, as when the game would be outputting 25 Nm, it would only output 50% FFB to your wheel (25/50), giving you margin before causing clipping.

3: TD strength will do last for our favourite

• Yes, it is OK to do it that way as well.
2 Likes

Good to everyone, when I acquired my sc2 Pro 3 months ago, I quickly began studying each of the parameters, and also how they act directly with the iRacing parameters, in the end I realized that I could only trust my sensations and started Try hundreds of combinations, until little by little I began to notice what I wanted, where I wanted and how I wanted to feel it, so from that point I kept tuning my setup.

All I can say is that thanks to what I share today I can perfectly feel when I get the maximum support of the car, if I exceeded or entered more smoothly than I should, if I lose friction of the tire on the front, rear axle or even of a only pneumatic, when the shock absorbers work correctly and makes unwanted rebounds losing mechanical grip capacity.

What I come to refer to, is that thanks to everything I feel, I can infinitely better and faster the setup of the car I am driving, besides enjoying as a small child with the sensations.

I must say that it is a hard thing to drive, but apart from that it depends a lot on what type of car setup you are driving it will feel softer or harder. I know that a racing wheel does not have to feel so hard, but I also try to reproduce how difficult it is to carry a car by the G forces it provides when taking a curve.
I also tried to cancel out the noise of the base and its high-hz vibrations, since I couldn’t get them to resemble those of a real car, I think this is already due to how the Sim games are built, apart from giving me a lot Afraid to feel like inside sometimes according to what configuration I have tried some users, it seems that it is breaking from inside.

I hope it serves you as well as me, I know that everyone has their own ways of feeling a DD base and this is my way.

Image from Gyazo

Image from Gyazo

1 Like

I forgot, I use this configuration with a 350mm hoop and cubecontrols formula Pro Wireles

I can only thank you for your explanation and sharing of your game profile. At first glance I see them all different effects to my profile … but trying it costs nothing so as soon as I get home the test. Thanks so much

Thanks for sharing! Is there a reason you dont use linear mode?

Are those Directinput effect sliders set at random? They do not have any effect in iRacing.

1 Like

I think you should check the linear mode. Here’s what David Tucker says about linear mode:

• Linear vs non linear. By default we apply a non linear curve to the forces we send to the wheel to make the small forces stronger and the large forces weaker. This works great when you have a relatively weak wheel like a G27 but you should go to linear mode with a DD wheel so you’re not getting an exaggerated signal. Think of this as a base boost on a stereo. If you switch back and forth on this setting then hit the auto button to readjust the max force slider so the wheel weight feels about the same in both modes. That will make it easier to compare apples to apples. Otherwise the non linear mode will feel stronger, since that is what it is suppose to do

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3602775.page#11021825

3 Likes

I will not like to say anything bad to any users, but there is a valid reason why the Simple Mode should be made the only mode, with the advanced mode much more hidden to command line options or such…

2 Likes