iRacing and Simucube 2

Exactly the same as his GT3 settings most likely!

oh… this “highly likely” thesis… :rofl:

Ha, sorry for the late reply, guys…been traveling 19/24 hours yesterday, for some reason no direct flights from Melbourne to Seoul, all were fully booked…so had to go via Hong Kong.

But all good, made it sound and fine…

Re the Audi, tbh, I have only tested it once immediately after release, it felt pretty shitty then with my settings, but I believe there was a problem with ffb in the car and it has been fixed.

When I get home after 2 weeks, I will test some settings for the TCR, I will also do some work for Joe to get something sorted for the open-wheelers and post it up here, or via a vid :wink:

4 Likes

Is Audi GT3 really that much lighter in the wheel compared to Mercedes GT3? I have a rather heavy feeling wheel in Merc, but when I switch to Audi with the same settings, I can barley feel what the car is doing because FFB is so light.

Good to hear. Thanks Beano😁

Are you running the Ultimate or Pro now?

Currently the Ult, Joe :wink:

Does it seem that TD settings translate well between the Pro and Ultimate?
Or do the settings seem to be very much different?

Don’t eat to much Kimchi!!:crazy_face:

I did not find to much adjustment required between the servos wrt settings, Joe, perhaps a tiny bit more friction and damping on the Ult, but anyway, the settings will serve as a good baseline from one to the other.

Again, you know I like a more natural dampened and heavy wheel…so take my settings with a pinch of salt…most guys will probably like the more active and spiky feedback from the original OSW days…

Just chilling out in my hotel-room this weekend, studying some power upgrades for my Mustang, also looking at DIY’ing differential and engine oil-coolers for a bit of track-work - it takes heaps to curb the heat output of a 700+ whp V8 :frowning:

Kimchi will be had during this coming week though, busy evening schedule with management meetings here in Seoul. I will have some for you too, :joy:

Funny you came around to my Bodnar-esque way of thinking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:joy: I actually always enjoyed a feel between the old Lenze OSW and the SS2, they were both on the opposite extremes of the ffb spectrum, with the Pro and Ult, I can actually find that sweet spot I have been searching for.

Even my Bogeyman came quite close, but the SC2 just kills it wrt latency and a few of the latest filters. You can check my comments from 2-3 years ago in my DD review thread over at iRacing, but yes, I have been leaning in your direction for a while at least…

Hey Simon,

In the beginning days of OSW Beano’s settings would rattle your teeth out!:grin:

Then he went extreme in the opposite direction. That is why he says some will not like his settings.

I am hoping now he is somewhere in-between.:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

What way is better… lower torque level in TD and max force in iR or higher level in TD and in iR?

1 Like

the former is the safer and thus correct way to set a DD wheel.

1 Like

The first one. If you lower the Nm too low in iRacing you are limiting the FFB output. For example if a car in iRacing gives up to 40Nm but you put in the configuration 30Nm you are losing 10Nm in the FFB that gives the car.

I understand from what I have read that the FBB in iRacing works like this.

Actually, the opposite, the 1st option will behave as you mentioned :wink:

High TD %, will allow a high torque slider setting for the same ffb and vice versa. I am not debating which one is better for most users, just that your feedback wasn’t accurate…Anyway, the question Pavel asked wasn’t accurate either…

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

i think this is exactly that i asked. Low torque in TD and lower max force in iR or High torque in TD and higher max force in iR. i mean information(data) transferred from sim to wheel base.

I can really feel the difference between AUTO ffb in iRacing/low Nm in TD versus High Nm in iRacing/High Nm in TD.
Not the same feeling iR@30nm/TD@10nm VS iR@60nm/TD@20nm, im only able to feel the tires with the first option, with the second one I lose all feeling of the car

Now it is stated correctly, it was not correct/clear before, although I know what you meant to say.

Anyway, like Mika has said, the 1st option you have is the safer one of ffb force during crashes is a concern to you.

Cheers,
Beano

Does anyone have a good Lotus 79 setting? Thanks

Iracing AUTO ffb:

Some laps @Montreal (dont mind about low speed test on iRacing, all OK from SC2 side)

1 Like