iRacing 360Hz FFB with Simucube 2

So what are Granites recommendations with this in iracing, the release notes were quite vague.

Is it now recommended to use the new HZ with less recon, or is the old system preferable and this is just a alternative?

Thankyou.

I think its up to your preference.

Firmware release notes suggest to try reconstruction at 1 or, in some situations, even at 0 (off).

Mika, you did an awesome job with that API.
It is sooo awesome to drive now :slight_smile:

1 Like

its safe, but I think we in the not too far future tune the reconstruction filter to work better with the higher rate signal so in essence there will be some options “in between” off and 1 as well.

1 Like

I tried the new 360Hz mode with a GT3 and it felt pretty good, But when I tried driving the Indycar the wheel vibrated very violently. Even after setting the damping slider to very dampened, unless I’m holding the wheel very tightly it starts to vibrate very fast. Any advice?

OHHH perfect!!! 0.5 ( middle between OFF and 1 ) would be perfect! Any chance you can make reconstruction filter with steps 0…0.1…0.2…0.3…0.4…0.5 etc etc, or maybe even a slider we can move and choose settings what we like ( just like NM )

im not complaining… I trust you guys and Im 1000000000% satisfied with my sc2 just chatting around:)

I believe steps are number of ffb samples used for interpolation, you can’t do half.

Its more complex than a simple interpolation, but I can’t go into details.

Just tried the MX-5, M4 GT3, and McLaren MP4-12C at Lime Rock Park and Brands Indy and while I think I can feel a difference I don’t think it’s the improvement we were hoping for.

I was using a new 24.3 default profile, tested at recon 0 and 1, and confirmed I had HighDataRateFFB in the Info tab.

The MX-5 is not rain-enabled while the M4 GT3 is:

I tried both of these before this latest patch when rain came out and my conclusion then was that rain-enabled cars and/or updated dry+wet tyres provided better mid-corner feedback than non-rain-enabled cars with their old dry tyres.

So it seems either 360hz isn’t that much different than 60hz (all other variables being equal) or the 360hz delivered at 60hz that iRacing is doing is not as good as true 360hz…which I had always had my doubts about.

Update: Okay, having disabled loadSimucubeAPI in app.ini to compare with old ffb, I’d have to say the difference is notable, it’s not like it’s nothing, and I wouldn’t want to go back even though it’s not where I want it to be so far. The difference between old and new ffb with the MX-5 is greater than the rain-enabled M4 GT3 and McLaren MP4-12C. Bottom-line: It’s a worthwhile improvement.

It might also come down to tyre modelling and/or ffb expression in iRacing not being up to par with other sims, which I’ve thought for a long time, as well.

Anyone having a significantly positive experience with HighDataRateFFB?

Dan Suzuki doesn’t feel a huge difference:

I think your comments are in line with everyone else. It is not a revolution but an improvement.

1 Like

But exactly what I had hoped for. I wasn’t expecting a revolution, but the result was exactly what I wanted :D.

Thanks for the reply. I have it working.

I have tried setting the Reconstruction Filter to ‘0’, but find that in-game there is a pervasive ‘gritty’ or ‘metallic’ feel. Setting it to ‘1’ eliminates this. Dan Suzuki reports a similar finding in his video. His settings seem quite good to me, but I would be interested to hear what others use.

I used to race with recon 2 in iRacing.
Now with the update I changed to recon 1 but it feels very rubbery. It’s a bit like recon 4 or 5 before the update. Something like recon 0.5 would perfect. Except for road textures. Those feel more gritty in the new update with recon 1 than pre-patch with recon 2. Not sure how to tackle this?

For now I went back to 60hz mode since I have a league race tomorrow evening and I don’t want to introduce any changes for that race. I will testa again with 360hz on Sunday.

1 Like

I agree with you… I wish I can use recon off but I just cant… so I use recon 1… but now, its feels more like 2 or 3… but Mika said they working on something between 0 and 1 and that would be perfect. ( for me )

Indeed. I also tried 0, but it feels like someone put coffee and sand in my base.
I’m looking forward to have finer steps on the recon filter.

Somehow the HighDataRateFFB dont show up in my TrueDrive.

I checked the app.ini and the simucubeapp is set to 1

Do i something wrong?

True Drive must be running when you start iRacing.

Can you post the FFB section of the app.ini file?

I want to thank you guys at simucube for working with iracing and finally bringing us high rate ffb (even with the small delay due to the 60Hz physics engine).
It is much more enjoyable to drive now.
Now do the same with the active pedals (abs , slip etc) and drop the price a little bit so I can get them as well. :grin:

to start TD before iRacing to the trick for me. Thank you!

1 Like

Just installed new TD version this morning and no ffb when LoadSimucubeAPI is set to “1”

I was on TD 2023.2 version until this morning and iR was working with app.ini “LoadSimicubeAPI=1” since this week update without any problem.

As soon as I installed new TD 2024.3 no Ffb ingame until I manually disable “LodaSimucubeAPI”

I tried to restart PC, SC2 base and the only way ro drive is disabling Simucube API.

Any thoughts?