iRacing 360Hz FFB with Simucube 2

Is this 360hz ffb update also planned for simucube 1?

Simucube 1 is at end of life and there is no active development planned for it.

Hi @Mika , any progress from iRacing since David’s latest posts?
Still very much looking forward to this!
Thanks for pushing!

1 Like

We have done some iterations of code; integrating our code to a larger app revealed some unexpected things that we’ve had to find and fix. But everything should be getting closer to being ready.

Great to hear!
Any timeline estimates yet?

no, not until we can get to actual testing, which should be very soon.

3 Likes

“Its a 60 Hz update rate signal that has correct presentation of up to 30 Hz, and all frequencies above that are aliased on top of it. Calling it a 30 Hz signal as such is a bit misleading.”

I’ve been staring at this comment on and off since it was posted.

Are we really saying that iRacing’s ffb can only be said to be correct at 30hz?

That would explain a lot…

If a signal has a frequency of X and that signal must be able to be accurately reconstructed, then the sampling rate must be 2*X.

But FFB is not such thing as an ideal signal. A wheel base is not attempting to accurately reconstruct a given frequency from the few samples.

1 Like

It’s analog sine vs sampling rate to represent it or Nyquist rate.

To accurately reproduce a signal, the sample rate must be twice the highest frequency

All sims advertise sampling rate, so for the sake of comparison apples to apples, it’s 60hz.

1 Like

iRacing 2024 Seasson 2 Patch 1:

• Simucube 360 Hz mode is now enabled.
      • The latest True Drive (release 2024.3) is required.

:ok_hand:

4 Likes

Time to lower our Rec filter, mate.

1 Like

Does the new 360hz ffb affect ultra low latency?

No, it does not. Ultra low latency mode is something internal to the wheel base.

i think i stated it a bit wrong.
with new ffb frequency is there a reason to use ULL and recon filters?

I just installed the latest TD (and accompanying firmware update). In the Wiki it says, " Support for high data rate mode for games to send FFB signal in batches. The last tab in True Drive will indicate HighDataRateFFB when the mode is active."

I’m not entirely sure where I am supposed to be seeing this ‘tab’. I’ve been through all 5 buttons down the left side of my TD software (see below), but I don’t see anything for HighDataRateFFB. Nor do I seem to have any tabs. Where should I be looking?

It will only be active once a game is using it.

1 Like

@Mika - should we be running with less reconstruction filter now, or is thst still needed because the source is still 60hz updates?

I have one question… my whole life I using recon filter 1minimum(fast) and my whole life I want to use it on OFF but I just cant because base is making ALOT noises ( I know its normal ) …

but now, with 360hz my base is much smoother and quieter on 1minimum(fast) … so I decide to go one step lower ------->>>>>> ( OFF )

main question… using OFF with alot noises, vibrations and etc, is it 100% safe for my base?

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

less reconstruction is needed.

Thanks. Any recommendations?